Posted August 05, 2014
This school is terrible for any child to attend definitely a child that have extra things going on with them already. The office staff is horrible and gossip about everyone with parents and students around. That's not teaching our children anything positive at all. The principal sits at her desk literally all day and allow for all the rudeness to go on without correction. If you call for any reason you'll get no return phone calls if it have something to do with your child and a teacher. A teacher striking a child is acceptable at this school as long as the mark doesn't appear on the child. It's a pure nightmare don't allow your child to attend this school if you can help it.
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 21, 2013
I would like to second the post stating the receptionist at the front desk is VERY RUDE and acted more like a GATE KEEPER to our children and their educators than a receptionist. Montclair Policy states children after 11:00 - 11:30am children will be marked absent . My car had broke down and I literally WALKED with my children to school. We arrived approx 5 mins before the deadline and she stated it was TOO CLOSE to allow them to be counted PRESENT. I told her we value education and they're going to attend rather the school counts them present or not.

Posted September 11, 2013
The teachers are very nice, but hard to contact, they never return calls or e-mails & when you try to go to the school & talk to them or set up a meeting to discuss your child, the front desk staff is ghetto, rude, unprofessional, loud & all have a disgusting attitude. They always have smart remarks, are very nosey & gossip. I have left several messages to my child's teacher & i never get a call back. I call as soon as the school opens, when it lets out & I can never reach the teacher or noone answers the phone & when they do they have an attitude, or say that they will take a message. I have also informed them that I was having a hard time contacting the teacher, they seemed unconcerned. The principal doesn't help out when there are issues either she just ignores them & goes into her office & lets the front desk handle them. Other than that the lunch staff is awesome, very friendly. I have no issues when I go up there to pay for lunch/breakfast. When dropping off your child in the morning & picking them up after school the staff outside is very friendly, they walk your child to the car, open the door & always speak. I hope more parents complain & get the whole front desk fired.

Montclair Elementary 2

Posted May 13, 2013
I loved Montclair my son has been there since PreK and is now in the 5th grade. The new administration and horrible. The most difficult bunch to work with.

Montclair Elementary 0

Posted September 23, 2009
This is a great school. My daughter has graduated from there with A/B honor roll and now my son who had a hard time last year is doing excellent this year. There are caring teachers here who are concerned about the childs education not just their paycheck. Yes they have alot of paperwork and time limits but they still put the child first.

Posted December 18, 2008
I love every aspect of this school. My daughter went there and my 5 yr old is there in kindergarten now. The teachers are great and work well with the students.

Posted July 14, 2008
Our daughter just graduated 5th grade. We love this school and will miss all the great teachers and staff there. Thank you!

Posted June 03, 2008
Our daughter just finished up her last year of pre-k at Montclair Elementary. We were more than satisfied with the teachers and staff. We were definitely impressed with the curriculum and amount of information that came home with our child. I would not hesitate to recommend this school to any one. Being millitary, we are used to the schools up-north that really strive for educational benefits for our young ones, this is one of the only schools in Fayetteville that even comes close!

Montclair Elementary 4

Posted March 10, 2008

Montclair Elementary
555 Glensford Drive, Fayetteville, NC  28314
Last modified Montclair Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montclair Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.