Fayetteville, NC

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 11, 2015
Perhaps, but I do not know enough to make a solid statement about this school as a whole helping to develop honesty, integrity, and fairness in its students.

Montclair Elementary 4

Posted June 11, 2015
My daughter has attended first and second grade at Montclair. She was blessed with a fantastic teacher each year. I was not a member of the PTA nor did my daughter have any particular special needs so I have no input for those areas. All the other teachers seem to be polite, professional and care for the children; however my daughter's two favorites were the music and art teachers. The fundraisers are, in my opinion, ridiculous. The cookie dough (although exquisite to taste) is far too expensive, especially when considering this is a public school and many parents do not necessarily have the funds to support such high-cost fundraisers. The magazines are impossible to sell around here. No one wants to purchase them. If I did, I would support the Girl Scouts magazine fundraiser because their prices are cheaper. The location as a whole is much better now that the construction is winding down. The staff have become more organized and seem to get the traffic down expediently ever since the DOT finished the road construction at the school. Parking is still short which is evident when you pay a visit for your child's evening event... I'd recommend walking any chance you can. The bus schedule was rough in the beginning as the school decided to switch buses in the beginning without notice. The bus was inconsistent on arrival times morning and afternoon, but the bus driver was kind and helpful on a few occasions. The grounds have improved security. They have fenced the entire school grounds and control the incoming traffic flow to the main door with a buzzer/intercom. The front desk area has improved greatly! Once you sign in/out your child(ren), you move out to the lobby where your child(ren) will meet you. The only thing they could improve about that is putting in a fan to circulate the stale, hot air in the lobby. Lunch options seem pretty average. However, if my child wants to drink something other than strawberry/vanilla/chocolate/regular milk for lunch, she has no other option (according to her). I believe water should be a basic option to milk. As elementary schools go this one seems slightly above average; your child may be lucky enough to be assigned one of their awesome teachers.

Posted August 05, 2014
This school is terrible for any child to attend definitely a child that have extra things going on with them already. The office staff is horrible and gossip about everyone with parents and students around. That's not teaching our children anything positive at all. The principal sits at her desk literally all day and allow for all the rudeness to go on without correction. If you call for any reason you'll get no return phone calls if it have something to do with your child and a teacher. A teacher striking a child is acceptable at this school as long as the mark doesn't appear on the child. It's a pure nightmare don't allow your child to attend this school if you can help it.

Posted November 21, 2013
I would like to second the post stating the receptionist at the front desk is VERY RUDE and acted more like a GATE KEEPER to our children and their educators than a receptionist. Montclair Policy states children after 11:00 - 11:30am children will be marked absent . My car had broke down and I literally WALKED with my children to school. We arrived approx 5 mins before the deadline and she stated it was TOO CLOSE to allow them to be counted PRESENT. I told her we value education and they're going to attend rather the school counts them present or not.

Posted September 11, 2013
The teachers are very nice, but hard to contact, they never return calls or e-mails & when you try to go to the school & talk to them or set up a meeting to discuss your child, the front desk staff is ghetto, rude, unprofessional, loud & all have a disgusting attitude. They always have smart remarks, are very nosey & gossip. I have left several messages to my child's teacher & i never get a call back. I call as soon as the school opens, when it lets out & I can never reach the teacher or noone answers the phone & when they do they have an attitude, or say that they will take a message. I have also informed them that I was having a hard time contacting the teacher, they seemed unconcerned. The principal doesn't help out when there are issues either she just ignores them & goes into her office & lets the front desk handle them. Other than that the lunch staff is awesome, very friendly. I have no issues when I go up there to pay for lunch/breakfast. When dropping off your child in the morning & picking them up after school the staff outside is very friendly, they walk your child to the car, open the door & always speak. I hope more parents complain & get the whole front desk fired.

Montclair Elementary 2

Posted May 13, 2013
I loved Montclair my son has been there since PreK and is now in the 5th grade. The new administration and horrible. The most difficult bunch to work with.

Posted September 23, 2009
This is a great school. My daughter has graduated from there with A/B honor roll and now my son who had a hard time last year is doing excellent this year. There are caring teachers here who are concerned about the childs education not just their paycheck. Yes they have alot of paperwork and time limits but they still put the child first.

Posted December 18, 2008
I love every aspect of this school. My daughter went there and my 5 yr old is there in kindergarten now. The teachers are great and work well with the students.

Posted July 14, 2008
Our daughter just graduated 5th grade. We love this school and will miss all the great teachers and staff there. Thank you!

Posted June 03, 2008
Our daughter just finished up her last year of pre-k at Montclair Elementary. We were more than satisfied with the teachers and staff. We were definitely impressed with the curriculum and amount of information that came home with our child. I would not hesitate to recommend this school to any one. Being millitary, we are used to the schools up-north that really strive for educational benefits for our young ones, this is one of the only schools in Fayetteville that even comes close!

555 Glensford Drive, Fayetteville, NC  28314
Last modified Montclair Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Montclair Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top