1-9|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Have had only one teacher that was a positive influence on my child and made a difference. They rest were very critical and unforgiving of any mistakes and failed to guide, very negative about student when asked. Teachers do not like you to talk to them outside their class time without an appointment. They do not like to be questioned.

Develops character: Disagree

The teachers are not fair. They have favorite students usually from one or two well to do families that give money to the school. The students try to live by biblical standard and do well, but many teachers are not fair nor is the administration. When I mean not fair, they give a favorite student extra time on a test and not all the students.

The focus of this school has changed in the last several years. Enrollment is down. Many church members no longer enroll their children, including us. The teachers and administration say they are focused on the well being of your child when they are so focused on picking apart your child. Finding fault with your child and making the child feel they have done wrong when they are nothing more than God's children growing and learning. We have since found many other families with similar problems of the children being pressured and so stressed it is an un-healthy environment. We looked for a Christ centered nurturing environment for our children and found this school lacking very much. The school is not supportive of the military family. We even heard members of the PTO talk about not wanting any families from the state voucher program because it would bring in a "poor" element that the school did not want. They say all the right things to get you in, but when it comes time for academic review if your child has a C then you are encouraged to look for "medical causes" and medicate your child for "better academic success". Disappointed in the church for loosing its focus on the well being of the child and allowing a church based school to get out of hand. Look for other Christian School that support your child as a whole person and want to help them grow and learn and develop their God given talents. Talk with other parents BEFORE writing your check.

My son loves this school. He jumps up in the morning and is excited about getting there. I feel that we made a great choice in furthering his education.

I am proud to say that I have 2 children currently enrolled at VCA, and I couldn't be more happy!!! The entire staff at VCA have my children's best interest at heart and treat them like family. I would recommend VCA to anyone who wants not only a wonderful education for their child but also anyone who yearns for their child to have a relationship with God!

My children have attended VCA for 3 years and they love it. The administration and teachers are great. They really have the children's interest at heart. If you have any concerns the administration address it quickly. I have two children who learn completely differently and the school works for both.

My children have loved Village Christian Academy. They started in elementary school. One has graduated from high school and is doing very well in college. Another is in high school now also being prepared for college. The teachers are caring and the administration has a Christian vision. The school provides academic excellence with a Christian worldview. We would highly recommend VCA. Go Knights!

As a parent , I am shocked at the previous post. Both of my children have attended VCA since Kindergarten and are now in middle school and high school. My daughter is one who is very athletic and did not make the volleyball team the first year she was eligible, but she decided to put her efforts into cross country and has made all-conference every year. VCA tries to include every student and family in everything they do. VCA has a large military population and the goal is always to support those who are serving our county. VCA offers many academic as well as extra-curricular programs. They offer AG, Honors and AP classes as well as Academic Enrichment for the students who may need extra support. My children have been involved in all of these programs. VCA is not perfect, but the goal is to always grow spiritually, academically, emotionally and socially. It is a wonderful school and choosing VCA provides the pathway for the future success of your children. You and your children will be blessed by coming to this school.

Perhaps if your child starts Pre K and stays at this school, it may be a decent school but this is not the case for new students who are in the middle and high school levels. New parents should be warned. The building is nice and the teachers appear pleasant however this school has a closed nit group. If you think you re tween/teen child can come to VCA and join clubs, play sports, be active think again! Many teachers and coaches are the parents of the kids who get picked for teams or are on student council, it s just that simple. Military families who are here for a few years should keep looking. Unfortunately, I didn t know anyone here and had to find this our the hard way. After my kids tried out for several teams and activities and witnessed the same group of kids getting picked over and over, they got discouraged. I did my best to keep them active with the local theater and dance studio and am so glad the year is over. We are not re-enrolling.

Could not ask for a better environment for my children than what we have experienced at Village Christian Academy! The staff continues to amaze me with their genuine love and concern for the students both academically and spiritually. The curriculum is appropriately challenging and up to date technology is used regularly in the classroom. Would recommend this school to anyone.

Last modified Village Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades 1-9