Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My daughter is a student there an this is the thrid time w me going out there talking to the principal in regard to her religion she is a Muslim girl it is constantly being harassed by parents An staff and other children this is called harassment or better known as Single and one out due to their religion this is a problem that needs to be addressed any needs to be handled on my next step will be to the superintendent and to the board of schools

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The only teacher that I know of to be good isn't there anymore, she only was there maybe a couple of months. The character of the school and those in it is horrible!!!

Develops character: Disagree

If the adults lie and get caught, then defends a liar of a child, and gets caught, need I say more.

I have found reviews from parents on greatschools.org to be very accurate and helpful. I decided I would make sure I am doing my part to warn parents: Having lived in suburbs since I graduated college I took for granted things like a community spirit, working together as parents, friendships, happy and loving teachers, and such that help make an overall school experience pleasant for your child. I was warned about Fayetteville schools (and the city at large) and I scoffed it all off figuring what matters is parent involvement. I was wrong. My child (5.5) being used to having loads of friends who are well rounded and intellectually developed from stable, disciplined and loving homes has been utterly miserable in this environment. It is the culture, poor attitudes, behavior problems and lack of development within the children that creates an undesirable set of peers for your child. Mine has been miserable and we are moving to a better neighborhood as a result. I am the only person I know crazy enough to ignore all the warnings. I hope you don't make the same mistake.

As a person who attended Ben Martin from K-5, I can say that, without a doubt, Ben Martin is one of the best schools ever. The term "Ben Martin Family" is very accurate. The teachers, the substitutes, the bus drivers, and even the custodians were all very kind. Attending Ben Martin was a great experience. I recommend this school to everyone, no other elementary school can compare!!!

Just finished at this school about 6 hours ago.This school is actually one of the worst school I have ever attended.There is no such thing as fun at this school.The teachers are very nice but the kinder teachers are better than the 1-5 teachers.The principal leadership is very poor,and most of the time she's not even there.The teacher quality is a little bit OK,but all i see is subs everywhere.The parent involvement is poor.I think this school should be SHUT DOWN.

My daughter just completed kindergarten there and I am very impressed with this school. Her teacher sent home daily progress notes with info on behavior, homework, and upcoming school events. My daughter is above average on reading and math, knows all of her 2nd grade sight words, and had an excellent report card. I like the fact that it is accelerated learning meaning the work is individualized to how the student tests so different students in the same room will be doing slightly different work according to their abilities. The only reason I wouldn't give it 5 stars is there were quite a few issues with the busses being late in the morning and constantly having different drivers which I think made the discipline on the bus a problem. Other than that, I am very very pleased with this school!

This is a wonderful school to have your children go to. When i went here, They treated everyone with respect and care. If you didn't understand somethin, they will help you until you do. 5 stars!

I have two children who have attended Ben Martin for 2 years. Their teachers have been very caring and wonderful! The parents who seem to not know if their kids are having problems need to communicate with the teachers from day one! You can't just ship your kid to school and expect the teacher to contact the parent of every one of their kids. They have SO much they are required to do, but I have found that just poking my head in the classroom a few times a month is all it takes to keep in touch of what's going on. The teachers love parent involvement and the kids of parents who are involved seem to thrive. It needs to be a team effort. Both my kids' teachers put a LOT of emphasis on reading, but, again, parents need to help out too. I am responsible to make sure my kids are getting a good education. If a parent feels a teacher is not a good fit for your child, you need to address that with the teacher and/or the principal - get involved on more than just a shallow level.

I was so disappointed with this school, that I put my kids in private school the next year, fearing that they would not get a good education if I left them there. My 2nd grader had a teacher that just did not care. I never knew that she was having any problems until I started to investigate a little. The teacher never told me anything that was going on with my child. My child had to tell me that she was unable to follow the curriculum and that is when I started my own investigation. I talked with the teacher and got absolutely nowhere. It seemed that she was more interested in getting on with her day than my concerns at all. WeI am not impressed at all. I would not recommend this school to anyone. I am not from NC, but because of this experience, I am terrified that all schools in Fayetteville are like this. Never again.

Last modified Benjamin J Martin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.