Posted October 19, 2013
As a person who attended Ben Martin from K-5, I can say that, without a doubt, Ben Martin is one of the best schools ever. The term "Ben Martin Family" is very accurate. The teachers, the substitutes, the bus drivers, and even the custodians were all very kind. Attending Ben Martin was a great experience. I recommend this school to everyone, no other elementary school can compare!!!

Posted June 10, 2013
Just finished at this school about 6 hours ago.This school is actually one of the worst school I have ever attended.There is no such thing as fun at this school.The teachers are very nice but the kinder teachers are better than the 1-5 teachers.The principal leadership is very poor,and most of the time she's not even there.The teacher quality is a little bit OK,but all i see is subs everywhere.The parent involvement is poor.I think this school should be SHUT DOWN.

Benjamin J Martin Elementary School 4

Posted June 18, 2012
My daughter just completed kindergarten there and I am very impressed with this school. Her teacher sent home daily progress notes with info on behavior, homework, and upcoming school events. My daughter is above average on reading and math, knows all of her 2nd grade sight words, and had an excellent report card. I like the fact that it is accelerated learning meaning the work is individualized to how the student tests so different students in the same room will be doing slightly different work according to their abilities. The only reason I wouldn't give it 5 stars is there were quite a few issues with the busses being late in the morning and constantly having different drivers which I think made the discipline on the bus a problem. Other than that, I am very very pleased with this school!

Posted January 12, 2012
This is a wonderful school to have your children go to. When i went here, They treated everyone with respect and care. If you didn't understand somethin, they will help you until you do. 5 stars!

Posted August 01, 2011
I have two children who have attended Ben Martin for 2 years. Their teachers have been very caring and wonderful! The parents who seem to not know if their kids are having problems need to communicate with the teachers from day one! You can't just ship your kid to school and expect the teacher to contact the parent of every one of their kids. They have SO much they are required to do, but I have found that just poking my head in the classroom a few times a month is all it takes to keep in touch of what's going on. The teachers love parent involvement and the kids of parents who are involved seem to thrive. It needs to be a team effort. Both my kids' teachers put a LOT of emphasis on reading, but, again, parents need to help out too. I am responsible to make sure my kids are getting a good education. If a parent feels a teacher is not a good fit for your child, you need to address that with the teacher and/or the principal - get involved on more than just a shallow level.

Posted July 27, 2011
I was so disappointed with this school, that I put my kids in private school the next year, fearing that they would not get a good education if I left them there. My 2nd grader had a teacher that just did not care. I never knew that she was having any problems until I started to investigate a little. The teacher never told me anything that was going on with my child. My child had to tell me that she was unable to follow the curriculum and that is when I started my own investigation. I talked with the teacher and got absolutely nowhere. It seemed that she was more interested in getting on with her day than my concerns at all. WeI am not impressed at all. I would not recommend this school to anyone. I am not from NC, but because of this experience, I am terrified that all schools in Fayetteville are like this. Never again.

Posted May 30, 2011
Not a great school. Problems on the buses all the time. My child went there this year only and we are getting out of Cumberland County in general ASAP. I have a child in 3rd grade and I have only heard from the teacher once all year. The county is very behind times and reading is a huge problem here!

Posted October 31, 2010
As a teacher at Ben Martin, I can say with confidence that every staff member has each child's best interest at heart. We strive for excellence each day and will not accept anything less. We are an accelerated school where children's individual needs are met. Older building... yes. Love in the building... absolutely! As for the traffic- we are located half a mile from the Reilly Road gate to Fort Bragg. However, this year we have introduced bus routes to ensure that children living across the street in walking distance are safe as they travel to and from school. Additionally, there are four crossing guards with increased sherrif's department presence. We welcome you to tour our school anytime you'll fall in love and want to be a tiger!

Posted October 21, 2009

Benjamin J Martin Elementary School 3

Posted September 26, 2009
older building, too much speeding traffic on the road in front of it, not enough focus on reading

Benjamin J Martin Elementary School
430 North Reilly Road, Fayetteville, NC  28303
Last modified Benjamin J Martin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Benjamin J Martin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top