Posted January 14, 2014
As a former falcon c/o 99 My child is a freshman attending here and I am so tired of this administration and their so called rules. If a student doesn't do classwork or homework it's detention, then if they don't attend detention they get a write up for insubordination no I had to call the teacher (3) and verify this and they stated this is Mr.Williams policy so double jeopardy? I called the school board on his rule and this can not be done at all! He is the worse principle I have ever seen. His rules are bogus and don't work! So there is testing this week 1/13/14 state gave 4 hrs for testing why where they kids in one class allday! Then my child did not go to lunch until 2:05? Really 7hours in a class no water drink food nothing...nope I went to school and Mr.Porter with his unprofessional self says some classes didn't finish in time ... He was very unprofessional and uncaring about my concern. I called school board to investigate.I totally hate this school.they need a new administration....and they need to do a parent survey on how ghetto half the administration is especially the lady who answers the phones in the office and the lady who works check in and out so ghetto n hood .

Posted November 25, 2013
My problem is with the administration. Two of the assistants Mrs. Griffin and and Mr. Bean do their jobs very well they always do a thorough investigation when they there is a problem. But that Principal Mr. Williams and the two assistants, Mr. Porter and Ms. Fleming do not care about the well being of the kids that go there. Their answer for everything is suspending the kids. Mr Williams does not know or care about what is going on in that school. If Mr. Porter and Ms. Fleming pay more attention to the kids and not each other they would have time to investigate when there are issues with the kids. I thought it was crazy that they had on matching sweaters today. How inappropriate when the kids already think they have something going on. They are messing up the future of the kids that want to go to college by having suspensions on their records for unnecessary things that could have been handled another way. Whatever happened to in school suspension and after school detention for minor infractions? Seventy First probably has suspended the most students this year than any other school. I wish there was a way that I could check that statistic.

Posted October 04, 2013
Unfortunately a great part of the staff don't seem to care about their students, students are very disrespectful, fights drugs and thief's are a norm.

Posted December 10, 2012
I've attended several basketball games at this school. After listening to the vulgar lyrics of Lil Wayne No Worries I was appalled. Google the lyrics to this song and you will understand why we have a disrespect for young ladies and teenage pregnancy. What does this say about the adults, so called leaders/teachers who is playing this song at the games to pump up their students. I'm totally unsure how this is allowed!!!!

Posted August 21, 2012
Here's a prime example of what is wrong with our school system. The current principal ranks as one of county's worst. Her one year contract is recently overrided for a four year one and the one who pushed for this action was the superintendent. It is obvious he doesn't have a clue about what is going on at this school or any other in this county. The solution to the "public school problem" is simple. Cut those $100,000 + positions at the board; most of them don't do anything. Fire inept administrators. Quit cutting the teachers and support staff; they're the ones doing all the work. On the state level, use the education lottery funds for what they were intended-education. The Fayetteville Observer should do an expose on what is going on inside the public schools of this county. Many heads would fly and it wouldn't be the ones working in the trenches.

Posted May 16, 2012
Had a child graduate in 2010 & one coming out this year. I have a son in middle school & I refuse to let him attend this school. Mr. Miller was a wonderful principal but when he left the school has gotten worse. Dr. Alford tried in the begining but not anymore. There is not enough action being taken on her part about all the disruptive behaviors going on in the school. She hands of the responsibilities to others who are not doing their job. The trouble makers need to be removed from the school yet she spends too much time protecting them instead of the students who need protecting. Teachers are not held accountable for their actions, which teaches the students they shouldnt be held accountable. Many of the teachers are just as immature as the students. The attitude of the the office staff is horrible. They act like you are interrupting them when you come in the office for help. You can not get a hold of the principal with important issues & have to go through her secretary who does not pass on information in a timely manner. The kids at this school are out of control because they do not have good guidance. They need new staff & possibly a new principal.

Seventy-First High 5

Posted June 28, 2010
71st is a very good school. I always make good grades at 71st. The teachers and adults are caring and understanding. They always try to help you no matter what. 71st is a very safe school too.

Posted February 26, 2010
This isnt the worst school but it isnt the best school neither. my only complaint about this school is not only revolve around football and basketball so much. Theres other sports teams in this school but nobody really cares because they dont know about it. I think if the school put more funding and work into baseball, soccer, and other sports, we'll be a better school.

Posted February 12, 2010
I absolutely love this school. My only regret is that there's not enough, if any, funding for the Arts. Basically, everything revolvs around the Football team and the Basketball team. When was the last time you heard the Orchestra? Or seen a showing of the Art Student's art? The Drama and Forensics team are doing great, but no one knows it. As a member of the Theater Department, Forensics Department, and Band Department, I know first hand what's lacking. Sure, the school is fantastic- no fights, acedemically and artistically gifted students, and people who want to learn- but can we get a round of applause and a little support for the Arts? Please?

Posted December 22, 2009

Contact Information

6764 Raeford Road
Fayetteville, NC 28304

School website

Seventy-First High
6764 Raeford Road, Fayetteville, NC  28304
Last modified Seventy-First High is a public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seventy-First High Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 53 reviews.