Fayetteville, NC
Students enrolled: 1,577

Seventy-First High
Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 01, 2015
Administration works quick and they are fair. I have only worked with the assistant principals though.

Seventy-First High 3

Posted July 01, 2015
The new Administration staff Parker,Ray, Witherspoon and Porter are amazing for the school! Students as well as teachers are actually excited to come to school because they bring so much positivity to the environment. I pray that they don't leave. It seems like it is hard to keep good people at this school.

Posted March 19, 2015
If you are looking for a nice area with a good school don't buy or rent in this district. Do not fail your child by letting them attend this school. My daughter was Sexually Harrassed at school. No one notified me. I did not find out until I got home and the school was closed. When We brought this to the School's attention only the School Secretary has been speaking with me. Not 1 principal has come up nor acknowledged the fact that they did nothing. It is a sad situation that I must take something like this to the Board of Education to get something done. If you want safe learning environment for your children, I am telling you this is not the place to send them.

Posted October 27, 2014
I am worries about the safety of my child in this school and that the staff does not care when it comes to this. These kids need guidance and to be paid attention to. Parents concerns needs to be addressed and communication with them kept as a priority and there would not be so many death so far with these students at this school. I am disappointed in the academic program and the fact that the school is called an Arts school with no show for the Arts. I have had two children come out of the school one in 2010 and another in 2012 and I am ashamed of the staff the cheerleading squad director and how they have allowed the squad to cheer in a provocative manor in front of grown with suggestive moves. When they are only kids. They should not be doing what Colleges are doing. I have a son now attending this school because this is our district and I am trying hard to get him into a private school because I do not what his to come up dead because there are crazy kids who have no guidance killing each other over nothing. I hope that they can get another admin in the school like Mr. Miller because since he left the school has gotten worse.

Seventy-First High 3

Posted September 25, 2014
My child attends 71st school simply because I have no choice. I understand schools must have policies, but I don't agree that the principle can simply make up rules as they please. My child had his phone confiscated because it was in plan view, but was not using it. I do agree that my child was wrong and the school needed to confiscate the phone from him. The policy states that I as a parent can go to the front desk and claim the item which was confiscated. The school denied my request and never gave me the phone because the school made there own unofficial policy that they can keep for 5 days. My child is involved in many activities after school hours and on weekends , now I can not track him at all times and I feel the school has put him in danger because anything can go wrong. They said they would give me the phone but he will be suspended if I wanted the phone and added he can get kicked out of sports basically a threat. They were very rude and unprofessional which made the matter worse. I agree with implementing policies to control the kids but not making things up as they please.

Posted September 19, 2014
The staff there is so bad. They care nothing about the kids and change the rules for certain kids. I have had nothing but problems with the school. They need a new principal, he has done nothing but collect a check. I have contacted the school board and they just don't care about what he does. I have sat there and waited a hour to speak with him while he ate his breakfast on tax payers money. The worst I have ever seen that school is when he took over.

Seventy-First High 5

Posted April 28, 2014
This school has alot of nice, caring and repectable staff I enjoy the atmosphere it has when you enter the facility Members of the principal and office staff is remarkable They really helped my out tremendously when I was trying to enroll my out of state grandson this year THANKS A BUNCH FOU YOU KIND HELP!!!!!!!!

Posted January 14, 2014
As a former falcon c/o 99 My child is a freshman attending here and I am so tired of this administration and their so called rules. If a student doesn't do classwork or homework it's detention, then if they don't attend detention they get a write up for insubordination no I had to call the teacher (3) and verify this and they stated this is Mr.Williams policy so double jeopardy? I called the school board on his rule and this can not be done at all! He is the worse principle I have ever seen. His rules are bogus and don't work! So there is testing this week 1/13/14 state gave 4 hrs for testing why where they kids in one class allday! Then my child did not go to lunch until 2:05? Really 7hours in a class no water drink food nothing...nope I went to school and Mr.Porter with his unprofessional self says some classes didn't finish in time ... He was very unprofessional and uncaring about my concern. I called school board to investigate.I totally hate this school.they need a new administration....and they need to do a parent survey on how ghetto half the administration is especially the lady who answers the phones in the office and the lady who works check in and out so ghetto n hood .

Posted November 25, 2013
My problem is with the administration. Two of the assistants Mrs. Griffin and and Mr. Bean do their jobs very well they always do a thorough investigation when they there is a problem. But that Principal Mr. Williams and the two assistants, Mr. Porter and Ms. Fleming do not care about the well being of the kids that go there. Their answer for everything is suspending the kids. Mr Williams does not know or care about what is going on in that school. If Mr. Porter and Ms. Fleming pay more attention to the kids and not each other they would have time to investigate when there are issues with the kids. I thought it was crazy that they had on matching sweaters today. How inappropriate when the kids already think they have something going on. They are messing up the future of the kids that want to go to college by having suspensions on their records for unnecessary things that could have been handled another way. Whatever happened to in school suspension and after school detention for minor infractions? Seventy First probably has suspended the most students this year than any other school. I wish there was a way that I could check that statistic.

Posted October 04, 2013
Unfortunately a great part of the staff don't seem to care about their students, students are very disrespectful, fights drugs and thief's are a norm.

Seventy-First High
6764 Raeford Road, Fayetteville, NC  28304
Last modified Seventy-First High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seventy-First High Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top