Westover High 5

Posted August 29, 2014
Great school. Good teachers and great location. The school is nearby base and nearby both a police and fire station.

Posted September 17, 2013
My son has been going to this school for 2 years. The teachers are more then willing to help out the students and all the staff that I have come in contact with have been more then helpful.

Posted October 28, 2012
The school wastes what resources it does get. The principle told me.thatvhe cannot even get the teachers to check there email. When I inquired how they deliver the curriculum, I was told that they maximize the use of technology, but could not tell me what that means. There are no books, very few computers, and teachers that cannot maintain control of there classrooms. Shut the school down, save the taxpayers a waste of money. Spare the students.

Westover High 5

Posted March 28, 2012
I am proud alumni of this school. I am currently a Theatre major with a minor in Social Work at Fayetteville State University. I served as the senior class president for the 2010-2011 school year. I am very disturbed with the previous comments. To the students who didn t enjoy their time at this establishment, I am terribly sorry. I just do not understand what gives you the right to speak negatively about the whole school? Yes, Westover does need improvement however you posting these negative comments will never solve anything. In 2009 the school was blessed with a new administrative team and I must say they have turned things around. If you were to visit Wolverine Country today you will notice that there is NO PAER IN THE HALLS, NO RUDE OFFICE STAFF, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THERE ARE STUDENTS WHO COME TO SCHOOL AND STRIVE FOR EXCELENCE EVERYDAY. To the individuals looking through these comments, please do not be discouraged about sending your children to Westover. I am sure that if you go to any other PUBLIC SCHOOL in Fayetteville, NC you will find students/situations similar to the negative ones on this site.

Posted November 19, 2011
I am a 2011 graduate of Westover. I have read the previous comments and am bothered by what has been said. Resources are limited, but teachers do a great job with what they are given. I noticed a lot of comments about student demeanor. Teachers are not parents. It is not their responsibility to teach manners, cleanliness, etc. They are there to educate. They also care about the students outside of the classroom. As far as shutting the school down, that would not solve anything. It would only force the county to send the students elsewhere and the same issues would be present at a surrounding school (which isn't fixing your claim of the students being terrible/mean/rude). Graduation tickets: Yes, students begin with 4 tickets. That is because there are so many opportunities for your student to earn extra tickets WITHOUT you paying for them. I earned 12 graduation tickets and didn't pay for any of them. There are ways, your student didn't take advantage of them. The office staff is friendly, and the new administration is amazing! I thoroughly enjoyed my years at WHS. Currently, I am a student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

Posted October 24, 2011
I am a 2010 Graduate, sure Westover haves it up and downs. Sure it has its problems but every other schools has one themselves you don't know anything unless you was a wolverine yourself. I will truly miss the teachers and staff whom made a difference in my school life. If given a chance to change anything in my school life, I wouldn't change a single thing, thats how I loved going to Westover.

Posted March 15, 2011
This school deserves "0" stars! The office staff has no manners, very inconsiderate, loud, obnoxious, rude, and short of conversation. The office staff should be evaluated then fired. Teachers should be evaluated as well. No wonder the kids in that school have no respect for their teachers. The teachers treat them like animals. WESTOVER should be shut down. This is the worste school i've ever encountered. The school also shows poor lack of communication when dealing with parents. AND as far as graduation, they have the nerve to say they cannot afford to give students more than 4 tickets for graduation even when I offered to purchas and do you think they ever gave us as parents the opportunity in advance to help raise money or purchase more tickets in advance... NOPE! shame on this school! The graduating class is small to begin with, is it really that serious to only delegate 4 tickers per graduate... graduation is a HUGE accomplishment and this school makes it seem like NOTHING! the excuse that this rule has "been around for years" is a lie because when I graduated I definitely had more than 4 tickets! Westover just keeps getting deeper and deeper in the whole as the years go by!!

Posted September 14, 2010
I AM A 2010 GRADUATE OF WESTOVER SENIOR HIGH AND MY NAME IS JETTA MOSS. I FEEL WESTOVER IS A SCHOOL OF EXCELLENCE AND YOU CANT FORCE A CHILD TO LEARN. ALL THE NEGATIVE CRITICISM PEOPLE GIVE US IS BY WORD OF MOUTH AND ITS NEVER SEEN WITH THEIR OWN EYES. I ATTENED WESTOVER FROM THE YEAR OF 2006 THROUGH 2010 AND AM PROUD TO SAY I GRADUATED FROM THERE. PEOPLE ARE ALWAYS PUTTING WESTOVER DOWN AND TRYING TO DRAG ITS NAME THROUGH THE DIRT. WESTOVER IS A CHALLENGING SCHOOL JUST LIKE ANY OTHER. SO UNTIL YOU HAVE ATTENEDED WESTOVER OR HAVE BEEN A WOLVERINE YOU HAVE NO SAY SO ON HOW THIS SCHOOL IS. THANKS LOVE JETTA MOSS

Posted July 04, 2010
i am now a junior surprisingly (going to this school). the last two years there have been horrible. the kids there are so mean that i couldn't believe it!! i bumped into this one girl and she was ready to curse me out... after i said i was sorry. on the last day of school there was a huge fight and rung the bell early. how was i supposed to know! so i was late and almost got suspended. almost everyday the principal was yelling for who knows what. don't get me started on all the GRAND THEFT!! people are always stealing things, even little things like a wallet with NOTHING in it. when my brother came to pick me up he heard teacher threatening other people in a normal conversation. he was appalled and couldn't believe it. my mom always have to go to the school and do their job

Posted April 04, 2010
I'm a 2006 grad and I wouldn't recommend sending a child to this school. It was a complete waste of time and most of the teaching comes from students reading the book out loud and then doing the problems at the end of the chapter for busy work. Everything about this school along with the students, faculty, and parents seem to breed failure in civil and educational values. On the other hand, there are a few good teachers at the school that care. Also, with the trifling bad attitudes most students have for other different students, your child could learn how to deal with stress and confrontation at an early age. I don't know how much positive change there has been to the school since 2006 but from the reviews prior to mine, I wouldn't count on this school making a positive impact on your child's education at all.

Westover High
277 Bonanza Drive, Fayetteville, NC  28303
Last modified Westover High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Westover High Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 55 reviews.