Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

As much as our teacher is able, with often no support from administrators, she gets these kids to push themselves. I don't see it in every classroom though, sadly.

Develops character: Neutral

I think the school can do more to develop personal responsibility and integrity, especially by example by administrators. It takes more than just a catchy saying to get kids behind a movement. I feel like the school works more with consequences and punishments as opposed to motivations and equity.

Thank you to our favorite teacher, Señorita Escobar, for your constant dedication, tireless efforts, and loving care of our daughter for the past 2 years. She excels because of your energy, organization, and consistency in the classroom. Your smile means the world to her, and your genuine care for each of the kids in your class means the world to me! We love you!

It always can be better. I hope the principal realizes that communication and respect for parents is a "must have"

My daughter is in the 5th grade and has been in the Spanish program since Kindergarten. They brought in a new Principal this year as well as a new jail like military system. My daughter comes home every day saying she feels like she is in prison and that is not good. I understand protecting our kids but at least make them understand what the system and doors are there for. Then when doing this do not put a military Principal in the school that shows no concern or care for the students. Mrs. Carter was the best every day I brought my child to school I felt comfortable in knowing she had my daughters best interest in mind and heart. She cared for her students and made them feel comfortable. She was also very professional and spoke eloquently. This new Principal cannot even get through the announcements in the morning without sound ignorance when reading off of a paper over the loud speaker. I have not heard such a horrible thing in my life from a school staff member with an education. She is not setting a good example for to the students. I hope she is only temporary and they can do better than this even though my daughter will not be here another year.

Our daughter has been attending to the Spanish Immersion for four years now at Owen Elementary. I am I native Spanish speaking parent and Spanish teacher , as well( not at W.H Owen). So, as a professional I know that at her 4th grade level she is speaking and writing Spanish to the equivalent of a College level Spanish. She has attended since first grade and has been so successful. She can not only speak , write and read in Spanish, but also in English using the phonetics learned for the Spanish language. Every school district should offer this wonderful program! Especially when we all know that business will soon be requiring it's employees to be bilingual in order to receive a much higher salary. Parents do not be afraid....your child will be successful throughout school and triumphant in the future. The principal Mrs. Carter and her professional staff has surely taking this school to a great level of excellency!. Thanks to all great teachers there!...keep the good work @ W.H Owen Elementary! we surely value it...

The cafeteria staff are very wonderful in making sure our children gets a great nutritionist meal. When a child does not have money or a child is at the ending blance they will still make sure that child is feed. I want to exspecially give a great thanks to Mrs.Monica and Mrs.Asha they are very friendly and always talk and have a smile on there faces when they see the kids come in the morning and when they see them at the end of the day. Thank you again Owen's Cafeteria Staff Great Job in taking care of our kids meals..

My daughter is in the Spanish immersion program with Senorita Zabaleta this year. I have found that this program is the best thing at this school! I do not care for the school unless you are planning on enrolling your child in this program. Snta. Zabaleta is great with my daughter. She is speaking more and more in Spanish and actually reading more in Spanish than in English. I just love what she is doing with this program at this school. I really can not understand how parents can not be involved in their child's education. But this school is seriously lacking parent involvement! We just love Snta. Zabaleta though!!!!

My daugther is in the Spanish Immersion Porgram, and we love it. Her reading and math skills have gone through the roof. I wold recommed this school to anybody.

I am a parent as well as a staff member a Owen Elementary. I have nothing but great things to say about the school and this fabulous Spanish Immersion program. My son has attended since Kindergarten and has been so successful. He can not only read in Spanish, but also in English using the phonetics learned for the Spanish language. Every school district should offer this wonderful program! Especially when we all know that business will soon be requiring it's employees to be bilingual in order to receive a much higher salary. Parents do not be afraid....your child will be successful throughout school and triumphant in the future.

Last modified William H Owen Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.