Fayetteville, NC

William H Owen Elementary 1

Posted October 27, 2014
My daughter is in the 5th grade and has been in the Spanish program since Kindergarten. They brought in a new Principal this year as well as a new jail like military system. My daughter comes home every day saying she feels like she is in prison and that is not good. I understand protecting our kids but at least make them understand what the system and doors are there for. Then when doing this do not put a military Principal in the school that shows no concern or care for the students. Mrs. Carter was the best every day I brought my child to school I felt comfortable in knowing she had my daughters best interest in mind and heart. She cared for her students and made them feel comfortable. She was also very professional and spoke eloquently. This new Principal cannot even get through the announcements in the morning without sound ignorance when reading off of a paper over the loud speaker. I have not heard such a horrible thing in my life from a school staff member with an education. She is not setting a good example for to the students. I hope she is only temporary and they can do better than this even though my daughter will not be here another year.

Posted November 14, 2013
Our daughter has been attending to the Spanish Immersion for four years now at Owen Elementary. I am I native Spanish speaking parent and Spanish teacher , as well( not at W.H Owen). So, as a professional I know that at her 4th grade level she is speaking and writing Spanish to the equivalent of a College level Spanish. She has attended since first grade and has been so successful. She can not only speak , write and read in Spanish, but also in English using the phonetics learned for the Spanish language. Every school district should offer this wonderful program! Especially when we all know that business will soon be requiring it's employees to be bilingual in order to receive a much higher salary. Parents do not be afraid....your child will be successful throughout school and triumphant in the future. The principal Mrs. Carter and her professional staff has surely taking this school to a great level of excellency!. Thanks to all great teachers there!...keep the good work @ W.H Owen Elementary! we surely value it...

William H Owen Elementary 4

Posted April 19, 2012
The cafeteria staff are very wonderful in making sure our children gets a great nutritionist meal. When a child does not have money or a child is at the ending blance they will still make sure that child is feed. I want to exspecially give a great thanks to Mrs.Monica and Mrs.Asha they are very friendly and always talk and have a smile on there faces when they see the kids come in the morning and when they see them at the end of the day. Thank you again Owen's Cafeteria Staff Great Job in taking care of our kids meals..

Posted November 09, 2011
My daughter is in the Spanish immersion program with Senorita Zabaleta this year. I have found that this program is the best thing at this school! I do not care for the school unless you are planning on enrolling your child in this program. Snta. Zabaleta is great with my daughter. She is speaking more and more in Spanish and actually reading more in Spanish than in English. I just love what she is doing with this program at this school. I really can not understand how parents can not be involved in their child's education. But this school is seriously lacking parent involvement! We just love Snta. Zabaleta though!!!!

Posted July 20, 2011
My daugther is in the Spanish Immersion Porgram, and we love it. Her reading and math skills have gone through the roof. I wold recommed this school to anybody.

Posted June 14, 2011
I am a parent as well as a staff member a Owen Elementary. I have nothing but great things to say about the school and this fabulous Spanish Immersion program. My son has attended since Kindergarten and has been so successful. He can not only read in Spanish, but also in English using the phonetics learned for the Spanish language. Every school district should offer this wonderful program! Especially when we all know that business will soon be requiring it's employees to be bilingual in order to receive a much higher salary. Parents do not be afraid....your child will be successful throughout school and triumphant in the future.

Posted July 16, 2009
Great teachers and Mr. Keyes' is a great principal

William H Owen Elementary 0

Posted July 05, 2009
We are very immpressed with the Spaniish immersion program offered to our daughter in her kindergarten year. Her teacher was Seniora Chacon. Everyday she would come home excited to teach us about all the nouns, proper nouns, & proper announcations. Her confidence level has risen. She even attended foriegn langage camp during this summer and loved it. We are looking forward to 1st grade Spanish immersion class. So in all retrospec I want to thank Ms Chacon & her lovely staff for being so caring, loving, kind, patient, stren, open to our daughter (all childern), thank you for 'teaching' & showing & proving that this is not just a job but a passion..Please we have to show more support to our Spanish immersion teachers...Thank you all

William H Owen Elementary 0

Posted December 09, 2008
So far I love this school...My son is in the Spanish Immersion Program here in Kindergarten. His teacher Ms. Munoz has a personal relationship with all of her students and any parents that actually take time out to meet with her even occasionally. My son is really advancing in the Spanish language. The small size of the school means my child doesn't get lost in the crowd, even the cafeteria staff know him by name. My youngest son will start here in the fall in the Pre-K program.

Posted July 22, 2008

William H Owen Elementary
4533 Raeford Road, Fayetteville, NC  28304
Last modified William H Owen Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William H Owen Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top