Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted May 23, 2016
As much as our teacher is able, with often no support from administrators, she gets these kids to push themselves. I don't see it in every classroom though, sadly.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted May 23, 2016
These kids have to make it on their own to succeed. Parents aren't involved enough.

Develops respect: Neutral

Posted May 23, 2016
Neutral because I don't blame the students when parents and some staffers can be very disrespectful. Not sure what can be done at a public school about it though.

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted May 23, 2016
I wish there were more activities that helped students see beyond what they have now. Community relations can use some help.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted May 23, 2016
I think the school can do more to develop personal responsibility and integrity, especially by example by administrators. It takes more than just a catchy saying to get kids behind a movement. I feel like the school works more with consequences and punishments as opposed to motivations and equity.

William H Owen Elementary 4

Posted May 23, 2016
Thank you to our favorite teacher, Señorita Escobar, for your constant dedication, tireless efforts, and loving care of our daughter for the past 2 years. She excels because of your energy, organization, and consistency in the classroom. Your smile means the world to her, and your genuine care for each of the kids in your class means the world to me! We love you!

William H Owen Elementary 3

Posted May 30, 2015
It always can be better. I hope the principal realizes that communication and respect for parents is a "must have"

William H Owen Elementary 1

Posted October 27, 2014
My daughter is in the 5th grade and has been in the Spanish program since Kindergarten. They brought in a new Principal this year as well as a new jail like military system. My daughter comes home every day saying she feels like she is in prison and that is not good. I understand protecting our kids but at least make them understand what the system and doors are there for. Then when doing this do not put a military Principal in the school that shows no concern or care for the students. Mrs. Carter was the best every day I brought my child to school I felt comfortable in knowing she had my daughters best interest in mind and heart. She cared for her students and made them feel comfortable. She was also very professional and spoke eloquently. This new Principal cannot even get through the announcements in the morning without sound ignorance when reading off of a paper over the loud speaker. I have not heard such a horrible thing in my life from a school staff member with an education. She is not setting a good example for to the students. I hope she is only temporary and they can do better than this even though my daughter will not be here another year.

William H Owen Elementary 5

Posted November 14, 2013
Our daughter has been attending to the Spanish Immersion for four years now at Owen Elementary. I am I native Spanish speaking parent and Spanish teacher , as well( not at W.H Owen). So, as a professional I know that at her 4th grade level she is speaking and writing Spanish to the equivalent of a College level Spanish. She has attended since first grade and has been so successful. She can not only speak , write and read in Spanish, but also in English using the phonetics learned for the Spanish language. Every school district should offer this wonderful program! Especially when we all know that business will soon be requiring it's employees to be bilingual in order to receive a much higher salary. Parents do not be afraid....your child will be successful throughout school and triumphant in the future. The principal Mrs. Carter and her professional staff has surely taking this school to a great level of excellency!. Thanks to all great teachers there!...keep the good work @ W.H Owen Elementary! we surely value it...

William H Owen Elementary 4

Posted April 19, 2012
The cafeteria staff are very wonderful in making sure our children gets a great nutritionist meal. When a child does not have money or a child is at the ending blance they will still make sure that child is feed. I want to exspecially give a great thanks to Mrs.Monica and Mrs.Asha they are very friendly and always talk and have a smile on there faces when they see the kids come in the morning and when they see them at the end of the day. Thank you again Owen's Cafeteria Staff Great Job in taking care of our kids meals..

4533 Raeford Rd, Fayetteville, NC  28304
Last modified William H Owen Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.