Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I know that it begins at the very top, which is Administration and then it follows on through the line of staff and onto our children. This school is run by adults who are BULLIES. The lack of respect, caring attitude is far from anything I have ever seen at a school district. I have worked in several school districts throughout my career and this IS THE WORST. Their mission statement is just words to them, there is NO back up with their actions. The actions that the staff decide to take are of their choice. Poor choices made by adults only teaches the growing generation the wrong thing to work for in life. There's a huge lack of positive and productive work ethic in this school. I am sad for these children, they are cultivating their own vicious cycle of playing "word games" to make something seem as it is clearly not. Along with repeating the cycle of bullying and bad words, mixed with irrational decision making and attitude that is giving as freely as the sun shines. It's a shame. It shows in the environment as a whole and I wish that the news would pick up on this and that positive change comes sooner, rather than later. The more time spent in this school makes me fearful about how much of an impact it will have on my children. It has already effected one child. From advanced classes, loving school, being social and growing great character. Now this very same child detests going to school and is verbal about the stressfulness of attending school. My child feels the retaliation and strongly voiced attitudes of the staff towards other children and does not feel safe. I keep my phone on me and regret ever enrolling my child here. It saddens me so much. I see the regression in vibrant character, the regression in academics, the regression in trusting another adult that is around while I am not. -Disappointed Parent, Adult, Caregiver, and Educator... hoping to get the word out.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

VERY EFFECTIVE IN ALL THE WRONG WAYS. NEGATIVE WAYS. DESTRUCTING WAYS. PROFESSIONALISM IS LACKING, HUMAN DECENCY.

Amount of homework: Disagree

There is not nearly enough challenge academically. The kids have enough time to talk, text, "KIK" on their cell phones during school. The behavior shows that they themselves think this school is a joke. Children know, but they have yet to know better. The challenge is set in the wrong categories.

This school does not support nor encourage these children. I heard about this school from a friend that eventually had to remove her child out of this school and home school. I gave the school the benefit of doubt, but, my child has been there for 2 years, all they do is enforce punishment. Once your child has been labeled a problem kid, it stays with them. There are children there with documented medical/mental/social issues and none of that matters, your child is just a bad seed and instead of assisting the parent, they make it worse for the parent. There is no communication with the school unless your child has caused a disruption, NEVER anything positive. I can't even get a call to give me heads up that my child has been put in IN-SCHOOL Suspension or Suspended. Teachers telling children to shut up and just not listening at all. I am TOTALLY DISGUSTED at how this school is by the administrative staff/teachers. I am so glad my older children went to Pine Forest Middle. I WOULD NOT recommend this school for your middle schooler, luckily we are PCSing and my child will have a better start somewhere where someone besides the parent cares!!

This school's potential is sadly shadowed by guidance from immature and inappropriate administration. Maria Ford who has been the principal for almost 4 years now I believe, has pushed away good teacher after good teacher due to her lack of professionalism and the poor moral that she forms among the teachers. This is then reflected on to the kids because it affects the teachers in there over all demeanor. This would be a much better school under different leadership. I would strongly suggest enrolling your student elsewhere.

I just moved my family to North Carolina and the first thing I did was enroll my 10 year old into school and Nick Jeralds was on my list because I have a niece that attends the school. During Open House, I went to pick up my daughters schedule along with meeting her teachers...the setup of the school was definitely not to my liking. When I went as far as finding out what bus she would be riding, thats when the confusion started. I was given the run around and was also told that my child is not zoned to the school. When I finally spoke to the woman in charge of enrollments she said who told you she was not zoned to this school? I replied the bus driver...she said he is wrong...then she asked for my address and she said "oh he is right your child cant attend"! I said Miss, you did my enrollment!! I asked why did I have to come to Open House to find out out she can not attend? I said to her "what you could have done was to call me and inform me ahead of time. You had my daughters paperwork for a whole week AND you created a schedule for her"!! School starts Monday now I only have until Friday (08/23/13) to register her into a new school! This school is definitely a BAD CHOICE FOR KIDS

This is by far the worst school I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with! Everyone from the principle to the bus drivers are extremely rude. Their teaching my daughter stuff she learned last year. They say they have the highest test scores in the county? What a joke, their reading scores are horrible!! Me & my husband will be moving ASAP just to get my daughter outta of this school!! It smells like a urinal for crying out loud !!!please if you have a choice do NOT put your kids in this school, I wish I hadn't!!!!

I believe Nick Jeralds is a wonderful school. My 2 children went to this school and they always came home positive. The teachers in the school know where the students are coming from. They try heir best and work hard and in 2012 Nick Jeralds had the highest Math EOG scores in their county for 7th grade. Congratulations!

I would like to commend the faculty and staff of Luther "Nick" Jeralds Middle for working so diligently with students despite the immediate challenges. I would like to see more parent participation during the school day and at the evening functions, i.e. E.O.G. Night, cultural arts events, and parent conferences. I am an active parent and challenge all other parents to step up and get involved in the school. With your support we can continue to make changes and improve the school for our children.

My son went to this school 2010-2011 (6th grade) school year and from the first day of school we had problems with students and staff. They claim to not tolerate bullying, but when a child reports something they brush it off. We were never able to get a meeting with the principal. She NEVER returned any of our phone calls. When you try and contact the teachers they returned phone calls and e-mails days later, no matter how urgent it is. Academically, THEY ARE SORRY. We had to teach things to our son because when he ask the teacher(mainly the math teacher) questions or told her he didn't understand something she did not help my son. So all thanks go to us, my son passed his grade. They need to do a whole staff clean out, starting with the principal. If your child is assigned to this school you need to get them out of there. This has been a loooooong 10 months, thank God it is over. Good luck if you decide to keep your child in this school.

Last modified Luther Nick Jeralds Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.