Posted June 25, 2013
All i can say is...Smith high we love thy name be thou our guide with deep affection and recollection,our alma Matas thou....under thou sheltering arms we'll stand always and sing in the praises of our Smith high school...Ra ra ra with harty cheer...hip hip hip we'll have no fear ...Smith high we love thy name be thou our guide with deep affection and recollection our alma mater thou.....under thou sheltering arms we'll stand always and sing in the praises of our Smith High School!!!!!Bull pride c/o 94

Posted February 01, 2013
EE Smith is incredible. I dodged going here to go to Terry Sanford after listening to viscous rumors, and after transferring back to EE Smith I noticed that problems were MUCH worse at Terry Sanford. Everyone at Smith is real close with each other and everyone is set up for success who attends this wonderful school. It is in kind of a scary neighborhood but the school police and admin make sure that each and every golden bull is safe. I have no clue how the community rating is so low. GOLDEN BULLS!!!!!!

Posted November 27, 2012
recent graduate of 2012, i have attended ee smith for my entire high school and was left with rumors prior to attending the school. Extremely old rumors. Once i got there, nothing that was said was true and actually ee smith was ranked 2nd in public schools in cumberland county for my junior year. The only thing that messes the reputation are the new incoming freshmen who tend to pull down the overall title of the school, but they will have time to adjust with the truely caring faculty. They are truely my family and i keep in touch with my good teacher friends such as Ms. Burks and other teachers. If there's one rumor you'd have to trust as the truth, it's that E.E. Smith is a family and they keep their family safe from anything possible, thief, fighting, bullying, edcuational struggles, and even unfortunate finacial problems when purchasing material. In my entire high school life at smith, there has only been 10 arguments. E.E. Smith's reputation that it's a poor school to have children learn from is quite old and has changed significally. I decided to post this soley because i noticed that it has an unneccessarly low community rating.

Posted November 17, 2012
EE Smith, students, faculty and staff is a big family. We relocated from Wake Forest, NC/Wake County School System from what is said to be 1 of the top High Schools but I must say it does not compare to EE Smith. The teachers and principals not only ensure the elements are in place to give students the opportunity of success they follow-thru the students are not just another number. The BB Teams and other athletics require a C average in each class vs. other schools a D. They preach academics first with coaches in place that are top teachers and can tutor their own players if required. Ms. Chalmers the principle is very attentive to each student, parent and works well with her staff. This environment has caused my child to succeeded at an even higher level and has kept an A average each grading term. The teachers have programs that are challenging and preparing my child for the real world. The students motivate each other and push each other to do better. EE Smith leadership, faculty and staff are equipped not only to help students transition but families as well. They have made this move for my child and family a great success. Glad to be in the family.

Posted November 13, 2012
Proud Alumni of Smith C/o 2012, Smith is a Great School To Be At, Everyone is One Big Family In and Out of School and Thats The Kind of Spirit You Need While Attending School

E E Smith High 3

Posted June 09, 2011
This school has been great! My daughter has been in this school since her freshman year, she is now about to be a junior. The communication with the teachers are excellent. I e-mailed a teacher and ask her to e-mail or call me, within 2 hours she called me and this was during the evening. This happen a couple of other times. My daughter loves the school. My only complaint is that I can never get a response from the principal or assistant principal. He tells us we can call him anytime, which is true, you can call all you want. Now will he or his assistant principal call you back.....that is another issue. But overall it's great!

E E Smith High 1

Posted June 09, 2011
Sure E.E. Smith will bring your grades up with classes that offer more credits because they are way easy. ThE REGULAR class for English that I took at the previous school that I went to was way more challenging than the honors class for English at Smith. I took Pre-Calc and we were basically just being graded to do basic math. Sure my grades got higher because it was that easy not because I learned anything but because we didn't have to do hardly anything. I am fluent in spanish and I really wanted to learn french and the reason why the counselor put me in Spanish despite the fact that I told her I wanted to be in French was because I already knew Spanish and it would be an easy grade for me . This defeats the purpose I did not want to go over something I already knew I wanted to learn something new.

Posted June 08, 2011
I too was told that EE Smith was a horrible school when we first moved here. BUT, Let me tell you something! My son, who had not attended school in a couple years due to an illness, has done FANTASTICALLY well! The staff at EE Smith actually CARES about the kids education and teaches them RESPECT! My son is now an honor student and has a GREAT future ahead of him because of EE Smith High School!

E E Smith High 0

Posted April 30, 2010
This is the best school ever i love the golden bulls...........respect self respect other respect tradition we are golden bulls...

Posted April 14, 2010
Thank goodness I didn't listen to 'word on the streets' at Fort Bragg about EE Smith! This school has been fabulous to and for my son. He is a 10th-grade student in the Math/Science Academy and has had wonderful teachers and rigorous classes. Safety and excellence are equally important to this staff. They are all excited about the Golden Bull family and its improvement. We are so incredibly sad to be leaving this summer. Wish we could stay to graduate AND send our daughter to Smith as well. Go check out EE Smith for yourself - don't listen to old rumors.

E E Smith High
1800 Seabrook Road, Fayetteville, NC  28301
Last modified E E Smith High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
E E Smith High Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 87 reviews.