Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted March 27, 2016
I feel like my son is safe at this school. Very focused on fundraising, sometimes too much, but at least they are good about getting the kids what they need. I love the focus on teaching the kids manners and respect.

Glendale Acres Elementary 1

Posted February 19, 2013
We initially selected this school based on the low enrollment, limited number of grade levels and previous reputation. The school was a terrible disappointment. The principal treated the children harshly and was extremely rude to the parents. There seems to be a genuine lack of care and concern about the children, their well being, and the quality of their education from the principal. Granted there are some excellent teachers but others seem more concerned about appearances and the latest styles in lieu of teaching. Many teachers do not teach physical education skills but spend their time sitting on top of the picnic table talking to each other while the children are giving very little supervision. After two years of this inadequate educational foundation we requested a change of schools for our child.

Glendale Acres Elementary 3

Posted March 02, 2010
G.A. is small and safe and, as a Title I school, has programs like Fast Forward. However, G.A. offers little else. Physically, the playground is old and small, the equipment insufficient for the number of students, and little effort is made as far as landscaping. More importantly, the school offers no extracurricular activities to enrich the elementary experience. There are no after school clubs/sports and, aside from a few PTA events, few opportunities for students to gather outside school. Faculty is a mixed bag and the administration is unreceptive to investigating or intervening when there are issues. The PTA Board/SIT Team are appointed by the principal, not elected; thus parents really have no voice. Early in the year, my child's teacher drummed up business for the principal's husband's tutoring service where she charges $40 an hour for tutoring. I felt this was a conflict of interest.

Glendale Acres Elementary

Posted June 17, 2009
I love this school. I was so impressed after I had been away from home for 8 months serving with the US army in Iraq and when I came back I listened to my 7 year old son ,Ali reading . We are originally from Iraq and have only been in the States for less than two years. And what I liked most about him he reads with a southern accent.

Posted February 03, 2009
Two of our children have attended this school. It has a great community feeling. Academically, it's right on track for K-2 children, but have seen teachers are apt to handle higher and lower performing students. The teachers are dedicated and our children learned quickly. Both loved going to school here! Opportunities for all children - great Spanish program, as well as other resource subjects. Very safe.

Posted March 21, 2006
Great school all around. The teacher are wonderful. The parents are very involved. The test scores are on the way up. The use every tool available to educate your children. I was very impressed for the two years my son attended. They also have a great Spanish program.

Posted January 10, 2006
Great school! I love that it's a foreign language academy. My daughter loves this school! and I love it!

Posted March 26, 2005
I just love this school , is great. My son love it. I love the safety and the dicipline this school are.

Glendale Acres Elementary
2915 Skycrest Dr, Fayetteville, NC  28304
Last modified Glendale Acres Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-2