Fayetteville, NC

R Max Abbott Middle 2

Posted July 29, 2015
This is the worst school my kids ever attended. My child was here for two years; 7th and 8th grade. Seventh grade was an adjustment and full of surprises. I think eighth grade put the icing on the cake. There were no books for math and science. When I say no books I mean no online books, no sharing books, NO BOOKS. The communications between home and school was minimum to none, not unless you initiated it after things went wrong. There was not a graduation from 8th grade…..because they didn’t want the kids to think it was their last graduation. Really! There is no communication between the middle school, high school and parents at the end of the year. There are a few good teachers there but they are held back because of lack of leadership. So think twice before sending your kids there.

Posted April 27, 2015
The environment at Max Abbott Middle school is highly toxic and it has taken its toll on the teachers. The bullies are relentless and rob others of their right to an education.

Posted January 15, 2015
Max Abbott is the worse school I ever put my child in ! This school is behind so much . If you want your child to attend a great school send them to south view middle school

R Max Abbott Middle 4

Posted May 17, 2014
This school has made great strides in improving discipline since the new principal came here. He works hard to see that all students are treated fairly and have the same opportunities -not just the wealthier ones. The teachers are nice, too. Students have more opportunities to celebrate success, like honor roll dances that are free. Hopefully these improvements will continue!

R Max Abbott Middle 5

Posted March 18, 2014
I do not believe the principal is doing his job on punishing students that cause trouble there is a big sign about bulling on the front door of the school my daughter has been bullied several times and nothing has been done except maybe three days suspension this goes on and on and on my daughter complains to teachers nothing gets done if this continues we will go to the school board and see if they can take care of this problem.

R Max Abbott Middle 4

Posted December 02, 2013
Overall this is a good school. My child has been happy and successful there, with the exception of one teacher. This teacher gave a lot of worksheets and spent a lot of time yelling at the kids for minor behavior problems. I think the kids stayed bored, hours of worksheets for 6th graders! She seemed to hold a grudge against certain kids and was defiantly a name dropper, by this I mean she liked some kids better because of the family name. She definately crossed the line by calling my home and hinting my child had ADHD. I did not think teachers can even suggest that. I just want all parents, especially minorities, to go into her 6th grade class with open eyes. Listen to your kids, she probably really did say that. Even though I feel she is a poor educator and poorer role model, this is still a really good school with lots of good teachers that make up for the rotten apple.

R Max Abbott Middle 3

Posted March 06, 2013
Not please with this new principal, his leadership is awful. he is very disrespectful and unprofessional acting. I had to finally pull my child out of this school this year. It's bad when we have people like this running our schools and they are heartless and dont care. Didnt have a problem with the school the year before because there was a different principal there. The staff is great never had a problem with any of them all were helpful to me. the day this man stepped in the doors of Max Abbott it all changed for me. Wish the other principal had stayed through out the school years until my child finished there.

Posted January 04, 2013
This school is horrible!!! Or should I say..this schools administration is horrible! My child was forced to fight in the boys bathroom, while other kids were recording it on their phones. My son went to use the restroom and was bombarded by a bully twice his size. Once I witnessed the video which was shown to me by another concerned parent I immediately wnt to the school and presented the material to the principal. He dismissed me as if I was a peasant or something! I then had to take it to the assistant principal, who then got the safety coordinator involved and finally a few of the student were given 3 days of suspension...Only to return to school and weeks later pulling the same stunt in the boys locker room. The principal couldn't give a care in the world..as long as his schools suspension rates remain low, and his test scores and sports scores remain high he's all set. He needs to return to 71st classical were he came from because apparently he only caters to high members of society..in other words people who know people - that will get his highsidity tail fired! I would not recommend this school to anyone!

Posted October 17, 2012
There is ALOT of bullying going on at this school and the principal is doing NOTHING. It seems like he is scared of the students. After just another incident in the locker room, where my child was punched and kicked, all I got from the safety coordinator was that the coach IS SUPPOSE to be in the locker room with the kids. Well, he wasn't and he hardly ever IS so it's pretty much saying "OH WELL, HE'S SUPPOSE TO BE THERE BUT HE'S NOT". The school is only concerned about how they do on Test scores, NOT the kids. Short, if your child gets bullied or beat up, just deal with it....!!!

Posted April 22, 2011
Safety is an issue here. Discipline is inconsistent. I would definitely spend the day observing before enrolling your child.

R Max Abbott Middle
590 Winding Creek Road, Fayetteville, NC  28305
Last modified R Max Abbott Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
R Max Abbott Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top