Bad
Good

We have four students at RRCS and have been all the way from Jr. High to a graduating senior. We like the uniforms, atmosphere and most of the teachers a lot, and think that Tom Hatch is great. My concerns are with the communications between the school and parents and the quality of academic guidance. Unless your children tell you everything and remember every deadline you will miss a lot of opportunities. This is not a large school but the guidance department takes very little interest in seeing that students maximize their time at Ross. This is very sad and I hope it changes - we thought that we were in a much better school until it really mattered and then just received excuses.

The teachers are not concered at all about student behavior/academic... honestly Luther Nick jerald was better (had more fun at least)

Reid Ross Classical is Cumberland County's best kept secret. The school was named in 2010 a North Carolina School of Distinction and a North Carolina School to watch. What does it mean to be a Classical School? Academics and the Arts embrace Excellence. While Reid Ross may not have sports or ROTC their performing and cultural arts are some the best in Cumberland County and the state. Reid Ross Classical has a very involved PTA and one of the best PTA presidents I have ever worked with. I would without reservation or hesitation recommending any parent to make an appointment and tour the school if you are interested in sending your child to Reid Ross Classical.

This school is no different then any average school. My son is on his 4th year in this school and my daughter in her 2nd...There are still the same type of kids with foul language and bully behavior although the school has a no /low tolorance for any of that. Keep in mind this is a public school so you have the same type of teachers that you will have anywhere....I wish that had a wider selection of class choices in the middle school with maybe a language or something or maybe a sport as they have football fields, baseball field and a gymnasium...

I love this school and so does my child.I mean when I have to go out to meet the teachers or office , they are always so nervous.

My child has been at Reid Ross since July of 2007. It is a pretty good school so far as academics are concerned. The teachers seem pretty helpful and encouraging. The administration is very hands on and I appreciate that. I have two children starting this July, so I will have a new, and I hope better review to state. I do believe they should offer more extra-curricular activities and the way the economy is going, either an ROTC program or work with another school to provide this opportunity. If they can allow some of the students to tryout and become EE Smith cheerleaders, they should surely provide or be in conjunction with another for an ROTC program.

reid ross classial appears to be a good school but besides the school not having sports like normal school and is only a school that host music and arts it is just like normal schools its not the school it is the students and where ever you go they still are going to be the same based on there behavior that is what really matters and makes the difference

I am a student at Reid Ross currently, and I would like to say that I do not think any parents should put their children in this school. This school is horrible to their students. The old principal was so much better, and the new one does not know how to run a high school. She never gives the students anything to look forward to. They really do concentrate more on the uniform then they do on our education. The teachers are terrible, and I feel as if I haven't learned anything from the teachers the whole time I've been there. I've had to teach myself everything, due to the fact that the teachers can't teach. I could probably even make a book about everything wrong with that school. They could at least give us sports, then maybe we'd have school spirit and something to look forward to.

This school is a terrible school. I would not recommend it to any other of the parents out there. The school was fine until about a year ago went things started to go downhill. The new principal is terrible, she treats the children like they are in elementary and the staff talks to the children in way that they should leave up to the parents. They concentarte too much on the uniform policy to even notice that the test scores have gone down very much. I would not recommend this school to any other parents

Last modified Reid Ross Classical is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.