Bad
Good

This school is amazing. The teacher student ratio is small. All staff members are caring and students come first

My son is a Kindergartner here 2011-2012 school year. This is a wonderful small school We have about 250 kids from k-5. Only 2 Kindergartner teachers. His teacher is wonderful is making leaps with my sons reading and writing skills. The principal at this school knows the kids names. He is out there in the morning during breakfast talking to the kids and being hands on. Quizzing them on their subjects. Overall I could not have asked for a better school. My son is not in an overcrowded school like some of the "better" schools that are rated on her. So in fact in my opinion he has the better school because he gets much more one on one with the teacher. Small class sizes. Everyone knows everyone. LOVE it!!!

I think TC Berrien is a fantastic little school! We initially had tried to get our child into any school OTHER than TC Berrien, and I have to admit it was because it's in a low income neighborhood and we were under the misconception that the schools in "better" neighborhoods would have better advantages and teachers. I am SO glad that we failed and our child got to go to TC Berrien. The staff at the school is exceptional - caring, involved and absolutely wonderful. It's like sending your child off to family for the day. He's learned an amazing amount since school started and I believe that's because the student/teacher ratio is so low that the children get focused attention. Couldn't ask for a better group of people to be educating our boy. I am amazed at the staff's dedication and commitment to making that little school shine. I sure hope the staff at TC Berrien know how much the parents appreciate their hard work and notice the difference it makes.

Last modified Teresa C Berrien Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.