Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted March 03, 2016
With little resources, my honors biology teacher did the best she could. I was still very unprepared for AP.

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted March 03, 2016
There are a couple diamonds in the rough, but most have retired. The math department is horrible. However, I believe most of the problem teachers have recently been let go. The Global Studies program is a joke and several teachers entire jobs are to coordinate for it or teach classes related to it and it's a huge waste of money because its useless. Its just free credit but it does nothing to prepare students for college.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted March 03, 2016
Classes are easy and do nothing for college prep. An online school or home school would be much better.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted March 03, 2016
Again, bullying is prevalent and nothing substantial is done about it. The staff does not care. Money is the only way to have an okay experience at the school.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted March 03, 2016
Bullying is very prevalent and the administrators don't care because they're all friends with the parents of the bullies and they protect them.

Terry Sanford High 1

Posted June 11, 2015
They don't have special ed and they let my son flunk English and he never knew what was going on in any of the other classes. My son was in spec ed in Michigan but they didn't have it hear and Cumberland County Schools said they didn't have resource classes, self-contained classes here but they could meet his needs but they did not and the English teacher never had the time for him and she had about 30 or more kids in that co-taught class. There weren't even two classes in that co-taught class like co-taught classes are suppose to be. I'm pissed! I moved because I knew he would flunk one of those classes. He barely passed Civics too. We moved into Cape Fear school dist because this school doesn't do anything. I went to the assist principal, counselor, special ed head and no one ever helped him! If you have spec ed kids, don't send them here and don't listen to Cumberland County Schools when they say any school can meet a spec ed students needs because it's not true. We moved to Cape Fear School Dist. I'm hoping he will get more help there and I know they have spec ed! My son never knew what was going on or couldn't do any of the work since we moved here from Michigan in March!

Terry Sanford High 3

Posted October 19, 2014
Academically Terry Sanford is a good school. I had three children attend this school and they were not really treated fairly. The only way to be treated fairly is if you grew up in Fayetteville your entire life and had family members who previously went to that school. If you are military and are new to that school then don't plan on your child getting any playing time in the sports there. It doesn't matter how good at a sport they may be. I would recommend looking into another school that are equally good academically and treat everyone as equals in the athletic department. If I had it to do all over again I would not send my children to that school and put them through the humility they felt and the mistreatment I feel they received. Thankfully I don't live there anymore and will not have to worry about it any longer.

Terry Sanford High 2

Posted July 01, 2014
I attended Terry Sanford for both my freshman and sophomore years and am overjoyed to leave this school. Here are a few reasons why I believe that this school is below average. 1. Most of the staff in the front of the school are not friendly or helpful, especially the counseling department. I made an appointment to change my schedule a week in advance but had to wait half an hour while the counselors were joking around in the back. When I finally saw my counselor she tried to wave me off for another few days. Do not expect the majority of the staff in the main office or counseling office to be polite and helpful unless you have some sort of standing within the school or if your family has some standing within the community. 2. The Global Studies program that the school is known for is not as good as it is made out to be. The administration is very inconsistent about its policies. It has a strict only honors classes policy but some students manage to take basic classes. This all comes back to the favoritism and your social standing. 3. Some of the teachers just refuse to teach. Honors English 1 is a joke. 4. It is not military friendly. I do not recommend this school.

Terry Sanford High 5

Posted August 12, 2013
Terry Sanford is one of the better High Schools in Cumberland County. Lots of academic competition and the colleges know it has a solid curriculum. Current principle has pulled school together nicely.

Terry Sanford High 1

Posted January 31, 2013
I attended FTS my sophomore year and at the beginning of my junior year. I definitely agree with previous posts that state that kids should watch what they bring to school and behave. The principal who was at FTS during my time had no clue what she was doing. Things got so out of hand. Students constantly engaged in altercations with other students/teachers. At the beginning of my junior year the school got so bad that she quit. Great programs, but the school is a MESS and I am glad to be at one of the better county schools.

2301 Fort Bragg Rd, Fayetteville, NC  28303
Last modified Terry Sanford High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.