Fayetteville, NC
Students enrolled: 1,268

Terry Sanford High 3

Posted October 19, 2014
Academically Terry Sanford is a good school. I had three children attend this school and they were not really treated fairly. The only way to be treated fairly is if you grew up in Fayetteville your entire life and had family members who previously went to that school. If you are military and are new to that school then don't plan on your child getting any playing time in the sports there. It doesn't matter how good at a sport they may be. I would recommend looking into another school that are equally good academically and treat everyone as equals in the athletic department. If I had it to do all over again I would not send my children to that school and put them through the humility they felt and the mistreatment I feel they received. Thankfully I don't live there anymore and will not have to worry about it any longer.

Terry Sanford High 2

Posted July 01, 2014
I attended Terry Sanford for both my freshman and sophomore years and am overjoyed to leave this school. Here are a few reasons why I believe that this school is below average. 1. Most of the staff in the front of the school are not friendly or helpful, especially the counseling department. I made an appointment to change my schedule a week in advance but had to wait half an hour while the counselors were joking around in the back. When I finally saw my counselor she tried to wave me off for another few days. Do not expect the majority of the staff in the main office or counseling office to be polite and helpful unless you have some sort of standing within the school or if your family has some standing within the community. 2. The Global Studies program that the school is known for is not as good as it is made out to be. The administration is very inconsistent about its policies. It has a strict only honors classes policy but some students manage to take basic classes. This all comes back to the favoritism and your social standing. 3. Some of the teachers just refuse to teach. Honors English 1 is a joke. 4. It is not military friendly. I do not recommend this school.

Posted August 12, 2013
Terry Sanford is one of the better High Schools in Cumberland County. Lots of academic competition and the colleges know it has a solid curriculum. Current principle has pulled school together nicely.

Terry Sanford High 1

Posted January 31, 2013
I attended FTS my sophomore year and at the beginning of my junior year. I definitely agree with previous posts that state that kids should watch what they bring to school and behave. The principal who was at FTS during my time had no clue what she was doing. Things got so out of hand. Students constantly engaged in altercations with other students/teachers. At the beginning of my junior year the school got so bad that she quit. Great programs, but the school is a MESS and I am glad to be at one of the better county schools.

Terry Sanford High 4

Posted November 17, 2012
Both of my children are new students this year...one in 11th grade and one in 9th grade. There were some transition issues with moving between schools from another state with different requirements. The grading system at FTS is different (requires higher numberical score for letter grades). Both students are in global studies which seems to be an excellent program. The leadership at the school appears to be good. Time will tell about the overall quality of the education that they are receiving

Terry Sanford High 1

Posted March 12, 2012
I have made the worst decision by going to this highschool it is the worst the teacher dont care(some of them)the students do whatever they want they curse back at teacher.This school is out off control i would never recomend this school o anyone

Terry Sanford High 4

Posted November 22, 2011
good , school . there organization is a little off , but other then that . good high school (:

Posted August 12, 2010
This is a great school. It is under new administration and things are looking up. The college prep is great. It meets the needs of all students. Great Ex. Curr. activities also. This is an A+ school. Very diverse school with excellent teachers.

Posted July 19, 2010
I would recommend this school for anyone, and its a plus for students interested in the global studies program, its amazing. It really prepared me for college. The teachers were great! I could always count on them for support! I miss this school already!

Posted October 19, 2009

Terry Sanford High
2301 Fort Bragg Road, Fayetteville, NC  28303
Last modified Terry Sanford High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Terry Sanford High Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 41 reviews. Top