Bad
Good

The previous comments make me sick, they clearly are focusing on the negatives (I did not see any my first two years). The slander against Mrs. McMillian is hurtful to me, she was the matriarch of the school and made us feel like the school was a second home. She created a family and she helped each student as much as she could. I witnessed her walking into all of the classrooms and interact with her students, she helped us with languages, math, science, and history. She is nowhere near uneducated. She did not “require” teachers to teach with videos, it was an aid to help students (like me) to succeed. Since we clearly can’t bring teachers home so it is easier to review a lesson with a video. This school is different and gives a look into college life while being in high school. I have been here for quite a while, I’ve seen the school grow and change. The classes we take at FSU are regular college classes and the Chinese teacher is included. They are college professors that expect us to act likeable actual college students. If a student does not like a professor he/she has to go to FSU and report it. The school cannot do anything about the actual teachers because they are hired from FSU. This school is unlike traditional high schools because we are on the campus interacting with college students in class. Our junior and senior year are mainly college classes. In senior year you are basically a college student that’s not paying college tuition. Our school gets us ahead so that we can save money and get a better education. If you want to be ready for the real world and be treated like an adult, go to CIECHS. This school is for students who are trying to get ahead and be successful in life.

For the most part, Cumberland International Early College High School seems to have dedicated teachers and decent students. However, I believe the primary problem at Cumberland International is the Principal, Mrs. McMillan. I have witnessed first-hand how disrespectful she is to both the staff and students of the school. Additionally, she appears to lack the knowledge and leadership skills necessary to effectively manage the school. She requires the teachers to use videos as the primary means of instruction, which ultimately cheats students of a high-quality education. Her out-of-line attitude has caused numerous teachers and students to leave the school. I would caution parents to think carefully before enrolling their children at Cumberland International, while under Ms. McMillan's leadership.

This School is like no other! You get some college classes early but you can only get 20 hours worth of college, meaning you have done half of your college in high school. The languages they offer are ok. Chinese is the worst class you could ever pick! The teacher treats you like garbage and makes fun of you! I have told the principle and everyone in that school but they won't do a thing! This school is like no other! If you live far away from FSU then save your time by not going to this school. They say things there are better but in reality it's the same a JBHS. They push a bit harder but it's like going to a regular high school with the same amount of drama. Save yourself time and money by not going to this school. The teachers are pretty cool and they interact with you. But that is about it really. If you think you are special by going to this school, well guess what, you're not! Everyone there is really dumb, they go into the school because the school is desperate! Go to Jack Britt or some other high school but not this one!

Last modified Cumberland International Early College High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12