Freedom Christian Academy

Private | PK-12 | 510 students

Nurturing/equipping the entire family to learn, grow, and testify to His love.

Living in Fayetteville

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $162,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $610.

Sweep tile

Posted March 2, 2014

Freedom Christian Academy is the perfect school! Our daughter was going into middle school this year and we debated public verses private. We talked with students and staff members at both types of schools and came to the decision that she would benefit best in a Christian based school. Once decided, we then started our search. Freedom had been highly recommended by other parents and students alike. Within seconds of entering the school we knew that this was our school of choice. This has been reconfirmed as the right decision on a daily basis. Our daughter came home from her first day of school saying, "I love my new school!" and two months later "What's a bigger word for love because that is how I feel about my school!" As a sixth grader she has had the opportunity to participate on athletic teams,in the band, in chorus, in the Christmas play with a solo part, work with the art club, all while maintaining a straight "A" average. The teachers teach information and not tactics to pass an EOG test. She can discuss any subject with attention to facts and detail and has a beautiful attitude towards Christian values all thanks to the wonderful staff and faculty at Freedom.

Posted January 20, 2014

I love Freedom Christian Academy! This is my 4th year teaching at FCA and I have been blessed to be a part of school that truly believes in putting God first and excellence in academics. Not only am I a teacher, but I am also a parent. I have one daughter in the academy and one in preschool. They love it also! It is a blessing to know that they have Godly, well qualified teachers taking care of them each day. There is a strong sense of community and family in our building which you do not find everywhere. After working over 10 years in public school, I can tell you that Freedom Christian Academy is the best of the best!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 20, 2014

We chose to attend Freedom Christian Academy instead of the public middle school and we love it. Best decision we could have made. The principal and the teachers love all the children in this school! The education he is receiving is top notch! He is not missing a thing that he would have been taught at the public school! He plays in the band, has participated in the school play, he plays sports (which most people think you don't get in private school). The level of parent involvement is amazing. All in all, we love this school! We love the leadership, the teachers, the cafeteria ladies...even the custodial staff! Every person employed here has a positive influence on the children here. They love them and they want to make sure they succeed!

Posted January 19, 2014

Our school was Freedom Christian Academy. Our daughter graduated from FCA last year. The first graduating class! Her first semester in college was a true testimony that she was given the BEST EDUCATION to prepare her for her college classes. She had made well enough on her AP exam to allow her to start in a junior level biology class. She was the only freshman in the class and I had concerns. She assured me that she was prepared, and she was. Her classes were Molecular Genetics, Chemistry, Statistic, Global Perspectives in scripture, PE, Gateway(Freshman class). A total of 17 credits and a GPA of 4.0. Due to her hard work and dedicated teachers and most of all the Grace of God she did it. I am so thankful that God lead us to Freedom Christian Academy where the will of God is present and they are staffed with AWESOME teachers.Thank you FCA!

Posted August 9, 2013

I enrolled my son who is a normal child but is speech delayed in the K2 preschool. I was told this was an environment for kids who had never been away from home before. It was a nightmare from the beginning. We were given the incorrect date for school to start, we were given the wrong name of his teacher and when he actually started class I got multiple calls because he would not sit for carpet time (day 1) and was using sign language instead of talking. They made me come get him the first day- I attempted to talk to his teacher multiple times but she would not call me back. The second day, I called to check on him and was told he was doing better and adjusting. Two hours later I got a call from the head of pre school saying they no longer wanted my child in their class and this was after only 8 hours contact time with him total. When I went to pick him up his teacher and the preschool director were gone. All of the supplies we bought were no where to be found and the lady there told me my son was "non communicative" and that Freedom "tried to do you a favor" but it didn't work. If you don't have a 100% "normal" kid, this is NOT a good environment. Christian in name only.

Posted July 27, 2013

My family have been under the leadership of the principal of Freedom since my two daughters were little (preschool age). All teachers show Christian values inside the classroom as well as outside of the classroom. The curriculum is extremely rigorous and challenging to the students. The atmosphere is family & God-oriented. I strongly recommend Freedom Christian Academy to any family who is looking for a Christ-centered, teacher friendly, challenging curriculum, and open-door policy to parents.

Posted June 4, 2013

My daughter has been at Freedom Christian for two years now. We are military, and she has been at four different schools. This one is, by far, the very best of the best. Her teachers have taken extra time to make sure that she is getting the best education possible, and she feels at home here. It is a family atmosphere, and you can feel God's presence the instant you step into the building. The administration goes out of its way to be available to all families. I would not put my daughter in any other school. She loves Freedom, and so do we!

Posted June 3, 2013

As a parent of a child with special needs, I have found that private schools in general are not usually welcoming to "differences". But at Freedom Christian Academy, my son learns that he is fearfully and wonderfully made by God and is treated that way. The administration and teachers are flexible to meet his needs and push him in a loving and encouraging manner so he can reach his full potential. Parents and teachers truly are a team. Students at Freedom are trained to value all people, every race, every denomination and it shows in the way that even high school students love on my 5 year old. It is truly a family atmosphere at Freedom. It is nice to know so many people are looking out for your children.

Posted May 31, 2013

My granddaughter has been at Freedom Christian Academy since she was old enough to attend. I visited many area Christian schools and found Freedom to be above the rest both in their academics, staff, and their Christian values. As soon as you enter their front doors a sense of welcome and kindness greats you in the form of friendly personal. Warm smiles and helpfulness are the order of the day. My granddaughter was cared for with the up most attention and afforded a top notch academic learning environment. Everyone from Mrs. Hampton who is in charge of environmental sanitation to Mrs. Dayton the Head of School is both willing and accommodating ensuring excellence and Christ honoring attitudes. I hope my granddaughter will eventually graduate from Freedom and I so look forward to all God has for her as she matures and learns under the stewardship of teachers and staff at Freedom. If you have not secured your place at Freedom you had better hurry, they are filling up fast!!! I already have my spot reserved.

Posted May 28, 2013

Our family has been with FCA since it opened its doors. What a God send! Knowing my son is taught in a God centered environment where he grows spiritually as well as academically, is a blessing I cannot put into words. The teachers and administrators are excellent on all levels. They claim to be raising leaders of excellence, wisdom and Christian faith. From my point of view, they are doing just that! My son loves FCA and we're sticking with them for our schooling needs!

Posted April 24, 2013

Our school is four years old. The leadership here is completely Christ centered. Their vision was to have an accredited school within the first 4 years... Success! The atmosphere shows Christ as the center. Patriotism is vividly shown through murals and scripture. Our school has a great sense of "family." You matter and so do your children. It's not about who you are or what you do. It's about the fact that you have been created by God and that Jesus loves you. We have high expectations and seek excellence in all. Excellence in your studies and your character are urged. Don't let the age if the school fool you. There are years of experience by the administration and by the teachers. Your child is our priority. Please come and visit any time! Check out our website too! fcapatriots.org
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted December 9, 2012

This is our 2nd year at FCA and we love it!! I know my children are learning about God first through the teachers, administration, and other students and then academics (which the teachers are fantastic). They continue to grow and add more programs each time. Love it!!!!

Posted October 30, 2012

I feel blessed to have found this school when we found out we were moving here in 2011. Both of my children (one in elementary, one in middle) are receiving a rigorous academic education paired with the love and knowledge of Christ.

Posted July 31, 2012

Overall, this is a good school. The teachers care about the students and actually want them to learn. My children enjoy the excellent atmosphere and camaraderie of the school. They also love the variety of sports offered at Freedom.

Posted April 15, 2012

My child loves Freedom Christian Academy!! He has learned so much at this school! He has not only learned about academics, he has learned about being a good person and that it is O.K. to be a teenager and love GOD! Thank you staff and administration!!!

Posted March 27, 2012

Wonderful school!! Principal is great!! Teachers and staff are great!!! My child has learned so much this year. Rates are very reasonable. I am very blessed to have found this school for my child.

Posted January 19, 2012

Freedom Christian Academy is a wonderful school.The principal is a natural born leader. This school is the best part of our recent move to the area. My children tell me it is their favorite school (they have gone to 4). The campus is extraordinary, but Godly teachers and administation is what make this school a success. Academics are top notch and the teachers are dedicated. I wouldn't send my children anywhere else.

College readiness and student pathways

Students typically attend these schools prior to attending this school Public school
Other private/christian schools
Homeschool
Percentage of students going to 2-year college 10% (2013)
Percentage of students going to 4-year college 80% (2013)
Percentage of students going to the military 5% (2013)
Percentage of students going to vocational programs 5% (2013)
Colleges most students attend after graduation UNC Chapel Hill
NC State University
Liberty University
Read more about resources at this school
Source: Manually entered by a school official.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Nurse(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
Reading specialist(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
Security personnel
School social worker/counselors(s)
Speech and language therapist(s)
Tutor(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff German
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • National Merit Nominee (2012)
  • Fayetteville Principal of the Year (2010)
  • Lifetouch yearbook (2012)
Community service awards received in the past 3 years
  • Fayetteville Beautiful (2011)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Autism
  • Specific learning disabilities
  • Speech and language therapist(s)

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)
  • Computer programming

Arts & music

• Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Girls on the run
  • Martial arts (judo, tae kwon do, karate, etc)

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 6:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Joan E. Dayton
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Honors track
  • Independent Study
  • Standards-based
  • on-line classes
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Priest, pastor, or other religious personnel
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Security personnel
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Learning lab
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room
  • Performance stage
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Youth for Christ

Media arts
  • Graphics
  • Technical design and production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Arts and crafts
  • Book/reading club
  • Community service
  • Drama club
  • Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA)
  • Foreign language and culture club
  • Girls on the run
  • Homework help/study buddy club
  • Martial arts (judo, tae kwon do, karate, etc)
  • National Honor Society

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Monitor the playground
  • Organize cultural events
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • School Greeter
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Tutor
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What are your chances?

9 out of 10students were accepted for the 2012-2013 school year.

Students accepted for the 2012-2013 school year
Applications received for the 2012-2013 school year
100
Students typically come from these schools
Public school

Financial aid offered
School-based aid
Tax credits

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
UNC Chapel Hill
NC State University
Liberty University
College preparation / awareness offered
College prep programs/courses during the year
College presentations or information sessions
Community college courses
SAT/ACT prep classes
School-sponsored trips to college campuses
Visiting teachers or lecturers from colleges
Students' post-graduation plans in 2013