Posted April 15, 2014
We are just completing our first year at Veritas at the elementary level and have had an extremely positive experience. The reading and math program is excellent. My child is surrounded by well-behaved, well-disciplined peers who love learning, and intelligent and professional teachers who care deeply about their students' academic and personal growth. I love being able to drop my child off in the morning knowing that he will be safe, he will be cared for, and he will be learning. I addition I've been impressed with the art and music instruction, the level of parental involvement, and the benefits of being in a school with older kids, which has been surprisingly fun and a source of pride for my son (going to Varsity basketball games, wearing the same uniform as the "big kids", having a middle school aged "spirit buddy", etc...). We feel blessed to be a part of this community.

Posted February 13, 2014
Great school. No complaints. My child loves the school. The education is great. It is a very supportive environment. I wish I went there as a kid.

Posted January 28, 2014
Veritas has flaws just like any other, but it's honestly a great school. I admit it's much harder for transfer students or kids who came from looser schools, but the academics are amazing. It's difficult but the teachers are SO personal and everyone genuinely care for your child, not only academically but in everything. It's such a tight nit group of students and teachers, when my daughter's best friend was diagnosed with cancer, the entire school prayed for her on a loop. They organized prayer times for her and everyone pitched in to help. Everyone is united and like a family. Our children were so lucky to have the opportunity to be part of it.

Posted January 13, 2014
Veritas has been a family to our three children who attend. This is our 11th year there and we have been extremely happy with the quality of education, dedication of the faculty and staff, and the devotion given to the hearts of our children. It has been impressive to see the whole trivium process of the classical education transform our children into independent learners. At Veritas it is more than just learning the set curriculum, the students there actually learn how to be learners! They learn how to think through, process, and debate information. These are skills that are not being taught in other non classical private or public schools where technology is beginning to do most of the thinking for them. The teachers are always available to discuss a concern and give extra help where needed. They truly seem to care about my children and want to see them succeed. I highly recommend Veritas Christian Academy.

Veritas Christian Academy 2

Posted October 15, 2013
Please do your research before enrolling your children at VCA. If it seems to good to be true....it is. As of this school year, we are no longer enrolled at VCA and are finally having a positive school experience for our children and our family. So happy!!

Veritas Christian Academy 4

Posted October 14, 2013
While it is true that Veritas has some flaws, the things said that were highly negative were very incorrect. I have been at Veritas for 8 years now, and I have loved it! The staff neither "Manhandles" the students, nor are they unresponsive. If a student needs help, all that they have to do is ask! The teachers are helpful, kind, and caring. If a student fails to use the tools which they have at their disposal, than it is the student's fault, not the teacher's! And 'No individual grading curve..." false. In lower school, this case might be true- seeing as how the lower school is not in any way a fair representation of any high school. Once in high school, individual work is just as important as group work, and therefore, the individual grading curve is more prominent. Now, while it may be expected that my review is jaded by my bias for my school, I can assure you that it is not! At my school I am one of the most critical of it's beliefs and teachings. But the fact that I am biased and still giving these compliments leads to the conclusion that my review is more than valid. And that is a prime example of a logical argument, for those of you who lack faith in the logic taught at VCA

Posted September 18, 2013
Veritas has been perfect for our children. One of our children has graduated and become very successful in college and life, in part because of the education received at Veritas. The school is for anyone who believes that you don't have to give up academics to learn in a Christian environment. Veritas provides both. High school students have the option of AP classes as well as honors and standard courses. There are SAT prep classes. The college counselor is excellent at helping students through the college application process. ALL of the faculty and staff treat the students with respect and create a safe and loving environment, pre-k all the way to graduation. One thing that strikes me as my children move through those awkward pre-teen and teen years is that the students really support each other. No, they aren't all best buddies. But they are caring and supportive of each other in ways not typically seen in middle and high school elsewhere. It's a truly beautiful thing to see the students growing in this environment. I can't imagine my children thriving like this anywhere else.

Posted September 11, 2013
My children are receiving an excellent education at VCA, but I especially appreciate the fact that the goal of the Classical education goes beyond just learning - the Classical model seeks to teach my children how to think critically in every subject, and to develop a lifelong love of learning. When you learn how to learn and learn to LOVE learning, then you go beyond just being a student - you become developed as a whole person. I love this "bigger picture" model of education that sets VCA apart from other private and Christian schools in the Asheville area.

Posted August 25, 2013
My daughter, has attended two schools and two summer camps subsequent to our relocation to the Asheville/Arden area last June. Veritas represents the first occasion upon which both my child and my family have enjoyed a sense of unity, warmth, acceptance and a feelling of inclusion. Staff and parents alike have extended themselves to ensure that both my child and family have are welcomed as she embarks upon another level of her academic and spirtual experience.

Posted May 03, 2012
I am a parent with a child currently attending VCA. My child has been with this school for the past five years. After reading reviews, I felt compelled to address these with the TRUTH.This is an amazing place with an incredibly dedicated and loving faculty. Corporal punishment has NEVER been used and grace-centered discipline is always practiced. The leadership is accessible and kind. Communication is fabulous (newsletters every Monday, email every week, Parent web, mandatory and at-will conferences, same day call back, etc.) The school has an excellent teacher retention and has had the same logic team in place for years. The building is an older building with beautiful classical appeal and A/C and heat througout. An asbestos report is available upon request, indicating no problems and no lead paint or mold...period. Students in High School may not use cell phones during the school day but certainly may after school. The school does NOT conduct bag checks. The school does have a program for students with high-funtioning autism and these students (2 in the entire school) are in the classroom with one-on-one support. Christians should support those with special needs.

Veritas Christian Academy
17 Cane Creek Rd, Fletcher, NC  28732
Last modified Veritas Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Veritas Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top