Posted November 13, 2011
The faculty at FHS are amazing, and go to great lengths to help their students out in any way that they can. Some teachers there could probably be better suited in another career, but for the most part, I believe that the teachers at FHS were born to do this job, and are excellent at it. Religion never plays a role in the treatment of students, or of their families. (psst... that's illegal.) People just get offended and uppity, because they have a prayer at graduation ceremonies. All students are treated with regard to their behavior and attitude. Religion, income, nor any other factor, affect the way the students are treated. I am not a teacher. I am a former student, now 30 years old, with younger family members in FHS. I could not be more proud of the school, and it's faculty and staff.

Posted September 10, 2010
This is a Great School! I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with it, but obviously people with negative comments don't realize that we are not just a school, but a family. No matter who you are, everyone has your back. And As For the "Religion" problem, there is no problem. If you're Christian Or Catholic, Or Anything, That isn't what defines you here: If you are respectful, then there is absolutely no problem.

Franklin High 0

Posted September 16, 2009
The staff at Franklin High School are teriffic. The classes are well founded. And I love my Panthers!!! Go Team!!!

Franklin High 0

Posted March 28, 2009

Posted September 19, 2008
this school is amazing. and every school has its problems; there are a few fights but what school does not have fights? the teachers and principals there are nice and actually care about their students. this is why so many people love franklin high school and they do not fail.

Posted April 02, 2006

Posted February 07, 2006
- a former student
As a graduate of FHS, I can assure you that this school is an excellent one. Mr. Shields, the principal and ex-green beret, keeps order (there were only two real fights during my four years as a student there) and he treats each student with respect. One thing that really impressed me was that each year Mr. Shields gets a yearbook from the middle school and studies the names and faces of the incoming freshmen - that way he knows all the students and can call them by name! I found the other teachers to be very friendly and willing to work with the students to achieve whatever goals they were after. I have no idea where the previous poster got the impression that the teachers were all right-wing religious bigots... in fact, my only real complaint with the school is that there are not enough AP classes to choose from.

Franklin High 4

Posted September 23, 2005
- a former student
I am an FHS graduate... and like the last review said... every school has it's problems. But I thank God for the way FHS was ran. Mr. Shields is an amazing principal and is concerned not only with your well-being on the campus but off campus as well. I'm not sure how you can say that it's the worst school ever... because that is nowhere near the truth. If you're child has respect for authority, which is demanded of you at FHS, then they will be fine. I have always been the 'rebel child' and if it weren't for FHS and the teachers and principal I would have never been able to make it through college.

Posted May 24, 2005

Posted May 24, 2005

Franklin High
100 Panther Drive, Franklin, NC  28734
Last modified Franklin High is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Franklin High Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.