Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

They have older kids helping to raise the flag each morning and help get kids out of cars in the carpool lane. They are all so well mannered and friendly.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

They do a good job keeping order. My son even wrote the teachers assistant a thank you note for working so hard to keep the hallways quiet. :-)

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Ms. Phillips provides great notes of strengths and weakness' allowing me to help at home without questioning what we should be working on.

We moved from Colorado where I was paying $350 per month for my son who wasn't even starting to learn site words or reading. He was put in Ms. Phillips Kindergarten class in December and has learned to read in 2 months! His attitude about studying at home has changed and he is doing great at Tar River! The schools systems run smoothly, and they are friendly. The building is clean and tidy, and the bus system is a great convenience.

No support for my hearing disabled child. No real interventions that are working.

Our daughter started Kindergarten at Tar river this year and she has excelled beyond our expectations. We are excited for her future at this school, her Kindergarten teacher is a true blessing and she has inspired a true love of learning in our little girl. They have a great staff in general and everyone is very helpful, we are looking forward to her little brothers attending in a couple of years as well.

My child went to this school for one year and was written off by his teacher and the administration from almost the beginning. He has ADHD and subsequently has some impulse control issues and struggled with the refocus system. I was in constant contact with the teacher, counselor, and other staff to address his needs through an IEP as well as volunteering in the classroom but more often than not, he was simply sent to ISS. I found his teacher to be negative towards him and several other students who had specialized needs and found administration turned a deaf ear to my concerns when he was bullied. When I moved him to another school, I was unable to get Tar River to cooperate in sending over my son's transcripts and thankfully the new school was able to work with us and he is flourishing, even qualifying for the gifted program. I absolutely wouldn't send my next child to this school either after everything we previously went through.

This is my first child to go to school and I have never felt so welcomed and assured when I walked into this school. The teachers are amazing and always makes sure your questions are answered and so friendly. They keep you up to date with whats going on for the week. I love the weekly calls I get to let me know whats instore for the week with the kids. His teacher sends the parents email about whats going on in the class with a group photo of the classroom. I would have to say ive never been so satisfied and happy with a school.

Last modified Tar River Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.