Posted August 28, 2012
The 2011-2012 year was great. The principal maintained a high level of communication and made an effort to get to know everyone. There is a great atmosphere of everyone pitching in and doing our best. I was excited that the principal had a PhD- I thought maybe the school system was going to set higher standards. It is somewhat disappointing to find that for 2012-2013 this principal has been moved to another school and we have to get to know another. Wilton was a school of distinction last year- why stir things up again?

Posted July 11, 2012
This is the best school around! The staff and principal are the best and do everything they can to help in any way possible! I love this place!

Posted July 11, 2012
I have to say this is a phenomenal school! This community benefits from the leadership of a great principal. I'm not sure about some of the other posts that other parents have submitted. Clearly, they are not in tune with the daily activities at this school. The technology at this school is 21st century. The staff and all employees are there for the students. They are the #1 priority. This school rocks!

Posted June 13, 2011
I've had 3 children in this school for the last two years. I can say that my children have learned and received a great education. I will admit that some teachers are better than others, but that will be anywhere you go. We moved into this school district/zone just for this school. Next year, my oldest will go to middle school and my two youngest will transfer to the new Tar River Elementary School. I just hope that we have the success at the two new locations that we have had with Wilton.

Wilton Elementary 2

Posted June 10, 2011
I wrote a glowing review for this school in 2009. We've just finished our last year at Wilton and can hardly wait to leave as we've been transferred to the new school, Tar River Elementary for the 2011-2012 school year. The administration at this school sorely lacks in effective discipline and communication. The principal is not an effective leader for this school.

Posted October 12, 2010
Wilton is a fabulous school with great teachers and administrators. My daughter goes to this school and I am so thankful. The teachers are kind and caring. The Principal is visible, friendly, and has made tremendous improvements in the appearance of the school.

Wilton Elementary 2

Posted March 07, 2010
I hate to be the one downer on this page but I feel it is not being represented fairly. I have had my child here for 3 years now and 2 out of those 3 have not been so great. As with all schools the teacher makes a world of difference and my child has had some good teachers. The cirriculam has been dumbed up recently where it is crazy easy for any normal child. The change in principal this year is terrible and greatly miss the last principal who actually did make it a great school for the 2 short years he was there. I feel like if I don't get my kid out of this little country school she'll never get anywhere in life. It's overcrowded, underfunded, the gym, computer and art classes are awful. The bus rides are over an hour long. I could go on and on.

Wilton Elementary 0

Posted February 22, 2010
This is a great school! Don't let the apperance fool you because what's inside is outstanding. The teachers are OUTSTANDING and the PTA is on top of everything. We actually chose not to move out of the area because of the success that we have had at the school with our child. WAY TO GO WILTON!!!!!!

Posted November 18, 2009

Wilton Elementary 0

Posted July 06, 2009
I love this school. The teachers are great and have a vested interest in each of the students there. My son just finished the 2nd grade and is looking forward to 3rd grade. It makes me happy to know that my son loves going to school each day. Thank you for all you do.

Wilton Elementary
2555 North Carolina 96, Franklinton, NC  27525
Last modified Wilton Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilton Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.