K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

As long as HCS is aware of bullying, they do deal with it.

Supports LD students: Agree

Smaller class sizes does help teachers to have more time to help students. HCS may not be the school for severe learning disabilities. HCS does not have a separate class for learning disabilities.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Not everyone who attends Hilltop will be a Christian, but it is a godly environment and students will be taught how to live for Christ through teacher testimonies, Chapel, and bible class.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers will take the time to help any student struggling. Communication is great, and it's easy to connect with a teacher at any point through email.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

I've heard parents complain about the homework,. but my child has graduated from HCS and I can honestly say that the homework was NEVER outlandishly crazy. No summer homework, and no homework on Wednesday to encourage church attendance. I've lived through K5-12th grade and homework has never been a nightmare.

My daughter has attended Hilltop Christian School since Kindergarten and graduated last year from Hilltop. Now that she is in college, she feels as though she's been well prepared throughout her years at HCS. It's a sacrifice her dad and I made to send her and her sibling to HCS, and we are glad we have done that. Students receive a well rounded education using ABEKA and Bob Jones materials. We highly recommend HCS!

I highly recomend HCS. I am a senior at Hilltop and have attended HCS since kindergarten. All three of my siblings have attended hilltop since k5. I could not imagine going to school anywhere else. Hilltop has the best environment around. There is something so unique about Hilltop, It truly is "home". All the teachers SINCERELY care not just that you succeed academically, but spiritually. They pray for you and are there to help whenever help is needed. At HCS we say The Pledge of Alegiance, and it is emphisized that we start each day thanking God for all he has done for us and lifting up the needs of others in prayer. I have realized this year, being my senior year, that HCS truly has a great cirriculum. I took both the ACT and SAT this year and I was well prepared. Extra- Cirricular events are always fun here. The student body is supportive of our athletics and always show up to cheer the chargers on. The ladies in the office have such sweet giving heart and are always willing to help you. At hilltop, students are trained to be leaders in being followers of Christ. I believe what makes Hilltop such a wonderful place is the people who make it up. Each teacher feels that it is God's will for them to be there and that is very comforting, because the safest happiest, and most peaceful place is in the middle of God's will. Mr. Moots works hard, and is a great role model for the future of our school. As I am about to graduate, I can honestly say HCS over the past 13 years has directed me in the way of the Lord but it was my own personal decision to take this route. Nothing is shoved down your throat, but encouraged in a loving way. Hilltop is without a doubt a huge blessing in my life. I am so thankful for how Hilltop has prepared me for life and reaching the world for Christ.

My child has attended this school since Kindergarten. First, I have to say that I am impressed with the curriculum. But as 1 other reviewer has stated, if you do not attend Hilltop Church, you are somewhat of an outsider. That feeling is felt not only by my child, but I also feel that way during school functions from other (not all) parents. It is not the accepting and loving Christian environment that it should be. Sometimes you can feel a bit snubbed by the parents who attend this particular church together on a regular basis. I have never felt this way at any other church, ever, which is why it strikes me as odd. None-the-less, there is not much out there for private Christian schools to choose from and academically, this one does a fine job. So, it is just one of those things you have to put up with if you do not want your child in public school. Keep in mind, this is my opinion, with my experiences from the last four years.

This school provides a well-rounded, academically challenged, Christ-centered program. My child just started first grade there this Fall, and it is has been a comfort to take him to school every morning, knowing that he is both challenged and nurtured each and every day. The staff is organized, structured, yet consistently warm, caring, and FAIR. Most importantly, the focus of the school, as well as the church, is on the Bible. Our son has learned more about the Bible in six months than I ever dreamed possible! I am more than pleased with Hilltop Christian School and look forward to our next son starting soon!

Tremendous school. My oldest has attended since K-5 and my second child will start this year. The administration and the teachers are wonderful and the atmosphere is great. The academics are tremendous and all the teachers are college grads. I love the fact that the student body is made up of kids from all over the area and representing many different churches. They truly love our kids and go out of the way to make each child feel special. Thanks

Last modified Hilltop Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12