Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Posted December 21, 2015
I have had three kids go through this school and couldn't be happier with each of their experiences. The teachers there are caring and go above and beyond to make sure kids feel welcome and safe. This school is strong in their technology integration and it amazes me what my children have learned and can do with technology. The PTA at this school is very involved and devoted. There are lots of teachers who provided additional help to students who are falling behind or need additional support. I couldn't be more pleased with this school!

Fuquay-Varina Elementary 4

Posted June 04, 2014
My third grade student's teacher was terrific. She worked hard with all the students. I would have liked it if the principal Mr. Moore was more direct. I never saw him at the open houses --- I would have thought he would welcome parents at start and then turner over to the teachers. But in all my visits I saw him one time in the office and another time moving a trash can. I was apprehensive when my grandson started in this school, but I would recommend it to anyone in this area who wants a traditional elementary school for their child.

Fuquay-Varina Elementary 1

Posted July 17, 2013
Fuquay Varina elementary was my daughters first school and she attended kindergarten there for two weeks. We were very disappointed in this school. I was informed, after the first week of school, that my child would have to walk by herself from drop off to her kindergarten classroom which just happened to be far past the upper elementary classrooms. We found the atmosphere to be unfriendly and unwelcoming. We didn't like her teacher at all and when we voiced our concerns (in a kind and diplomatic manner) to Dr so and so we were ignored. We visited another elementary school nearby and wound up buying a much more expensive home just so we would be in Willow Springs school district. We were VERY glad we did. Not only was WS friendlier and more welcoming but their academic scores were also higher than FV elementary. In all my time in North Carolina I never heard a negative comment regarding Willow Springs but heard many negative comments from parents whose children were attending Fuquay Varina.

Fuquay-Varina Elementary 1

Posted November 14, 2012
What a complete disappointment! Unless you have a perfect A student without learning disabilities don't bother sending your children to this school! The principal cares about nothing other then winning the distinctive school award. They have no time for a child with ADD or ADHD. I discovered only after I pulled my child from this school that my child has ADHD. My child attended kindergarten through half of the first then I pulled my child as they did nothing but bully and use my child as a tool to keep the rest of the class in line often separating off alone in a corner, instead of actually trying to figure out what was going on and try to teach! Shame on them!! Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Posted October 22, 2009
Our school system relocated us to a new school in our area which we LOVE. However, FVES was a great place to learn and grow for my daughter. All of the teachers and staff were outstanding! We go back to visit all the time!

Posted October 03, 2009
Fuquay Elementry has a wonderful team of teachers and staff. They are there fully to meet out expectations and needs of all parents and children in and out of the school. Teachers are very concerned about every childs learning ability, and work extra hard for everyone in the school.

Fuquay-Varina Elementary

Posted September 16, 2009
FVES is full of dedicated teachers who's only goal is to provide an excellent education in a safe, warm environment. This is our first year with the school, and in just a few weeks, our teachers have already shown our children that learning can be fun. Each person, from children, to parents, to teachers and administration is involved in creating an education experience here like no other!

Fuquay-Varina Elementary 4

Posted March 26, 2008
I am very happy with my child's experience at FVES. She is a first grader and loves her teacher. Ms. Kilbourn is very caring and patient. I wish the school was smaller, but with Wake County's growth, I think that smaller schools are a thing of the past. I also wish that students had music, art and foreign language classes more frequently.

Posted January 03, 2008
My son just started Kindergarten this year with Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Martin and is doing wonderfully! I, as most parents, was worried about sending him off to school, but Fuquay Elementary has helped make this a whole lot easier! He is learning a bunch and all of the faculty and staff are very friendly. Mrs. Brown is a wonderful Kindergarten teacher who is calm and patient with the kids, which makes all the difference. I am just thrilled with this school!

Posted September 16, 2007
FVES is an outstanding school! The principal, teachers, and staff really care about their students. We would like to go year round but we don't want to leave this school. The teachers and staff feel like family. The principal doesn't hide in his office. He's readily available when you have concerns and is always seen visiting the classes during the school day. We are very proud of our school and grateful for all they've done to help our children have a successful, memorable school year with each new year!

Fuquay-Varina Elementary
6600 Johnson Pond Rd, Fuquay-Varina, NC  27526
Last modified Fuquay-Varina Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.