Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

I don't have experience with that at this school.

Supports LD students: Neutral

I don't have experience with that at this school.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal get personally involved in decisions.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Mrs. Andersen (3rd Grade) makes learning fun which keeps my child more engaged.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Very little homework which my son loves and takes the pressure off at home so he can enjoy life!

We have just started this year at FVES. We have had such a positive experience. The Principal went out of her way to welcome us and to make sure my son received anything he needed to transition into the school in the middle of the year. His 3rd grade teacher is AMAZING and he comes home every day with a smile on his face!

I have had three kids go through this school and couldn't be happier with each of their experiences. The teachers there are caring and go above and beyond to make sure kids feel welcome and safe. This school is strong in their technology integration and it amazes me what my children have learned and can do with technology. The PTA at this school is very involved and devoted. There are lots of teachers who provided additional help to students who are falling behind or need additional support. I couldn't be more pleased with this school!

My third grade student's teacher was terrific. She worked hard with all the students. I would have liked it if the principal Mr. Moore was more direct. I never saw him at the open houses --- I would have thought he would welcome parents at start and then turner over to the teachers. But in all my visits I saw him one time in the office and another time moving a trash can. I was apprehensive when my grandson started in this school, but I would recommend it to anyone in this area who wants a traditional elementary school for their child.

Fuquay Varina elementary was my daughters first school and she attended kindergarten there for two weeks. We were very disappointed in this school. I was informed, after the first week of school, that my child would have to walk by herself from drop off to her kindergarten classroom which just happened to be far past the upper elementary classrooms. We found the atmosphere to be unfriendly and unwelcoming. We didn't like her teacher at all and when we voiced our concerns (in a kind and diplomatic manner) to Dr so and so we were ignored. We visited another elementary school nearby and wound up buying a much more expensive home just so we would be in Willow Springs school district. We were VERY glad we did. Not only was WS friendlier and more welcoming but their academic scores were also higher than FV elementary. In all my time in North Carolina I never heard a negative comment regarding Willow Springs but heard many negative comments from parents whose children were attending Fuquay Varina.

What a complete disappointment! Unless you have a perfect A student without learning disabilities don't bother sending your children to this school! The principal cares about nothing other then winning the distinctive school award. They have no time for a child with ADD or ADHD. I discovered only after I pulled my child from this school that my child has ADHD. My child attended kindergarten through half of the first then I pulled my child as they did nothing but bully and use my child as a tool to keep the rest of the class in line often separating off alone in a corner, instead of actually trying to figure out what was going on and try to teach! Shame on them!! Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Last modified Fuquay-Varina Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.