Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This school is a gem - a diamond in the rough for sure! We can all see the rating here, which focuses mainly on one data point. If you visit or have a student at this school, this number becomes meaningless. LHES is a warm, supportive school with a family-like atmosphere. Teachers are highly qualified and help every student grow academically with the support of an involved principal. Students are taught that they are capable thinkers with the STEM focus. The totally new building will be finished in 2017 and will add to the pride of the community. The hardworking PTA is committed to supporting students, staff, and families.

Where do I start? Parents looking at ratings should take heart: the best schools are run by people who love children, and that's what we have at LH. The principal is kind, fair, upbeat and involved. The teachers and staff dress like professionals, always smile, are helpful and friendly. All of them! Teachers stay in contact with parents through notes, emails, and class websites. Generous school with a family atmosphere. We are so glad our daughters are at LH. My daughter is finally getting the help she needed, and lacked at a higher-rated school in the past. Give LH a chance to show you what quality education is and how good it can be for your family. A jewel in Wake County for sure!!

I love this school. Many parents that I talk to that live in the city but did not know about Lincoln Heights is truly missing out. My son has been going here since kindergarten and know he is currently in 2nd grade. It is a steam school and it challenges the students to always do there best. I love the staff and how much care they put into the students and their craft for teaching.

Lincoln Heights Elementary School is a great school. My son was in 5th grade here in 2014. The teachers and staff are awesome and go above and beyond. This area is a lower income area and this school itself is just older than others and gets a bad rap. It's a wonderful school!

Our family is on our sixth year at Lincoln Heights and I love it! The teachers and staff are great. It feels like a big family. Most of the staff know every child by name and are kind and loving to them. The school has been a STEM school for a couple of years now an the kids love it. They have a technology class in addition to music, art, and PE, and on Fridays they get two electives based on choices they make at the beginning of the semester. My kids LOVE it! I also love that the grade level teachers really work together as a team. Often the children will go to a different teacher's room for a certain subject. It's nice because the kids get to know all of the teachers and their classmates, not just the ones they are in "regular" class with. I could go on and on about this school. I just love sending my children there!

I have been in and out of the school on multiple occasions and have witnessed a very caring staff. They act like a family and appear to really love the children. The office staff is always overwhelmed with students, parents, and ringing phones, but they are courteous. The new STEM options and music class has my children really looking forward to school.

Where do I start let's see my 6 year old daughter came home in tears with her shoes tied together last year. They were like that since lunch she told us when she got home.. Idk where u come from but to me thats bullying neglect and above all dangerous... my kid has head lice three times from this school. I was forced to cut his hair that he had been growing out for years.. Way to break a kids heart that prides him self on his crazy hair... The lice must have been pretty bad, we use lice repellent shampoo daily!!! After the first time... Transportation is lousy they never get there on time, half the time the bus don't come. When we call they expect the parent to transport the child?? That's absurd.. Today August 26th 2014 they left 7 kids on the second day of school.. They also get pretty mouthy on the phone, not what u would expect from some teachers at a school who is speaking too concerned parents...

This is a great school that strives to met each child's individual needs...small class size and excellent teachers!

We love Lincoln Heights because it is a community that really cares about the children. The teachers and staff are incredible. I couldn't ask for a better school for my boys.

This school has really lost it's luster. I am trying to get my children transfered.

Last modified Lincoln Heights Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.