Posted August 14, 2013
I can not wait to move my child from this school. I was warned of the enrollment decline and dissatisfaction by other parents who have since removed their children as well. The principal is stale, disconnected, and impersonal. Myself and a majority of parents in my sons class are very sad and disheartened at the lack of attention to our concerns and have been met with a sour and blunt response to our suggestions. Enrollment is down, pressure to conform overshadows the needs of the child. My son's class has only 16 students in a county that has an overcrowding problem? 22 last year, 16 this year. Myself, as well as several others are removing our children from this school after this year, if we dont end up homeschooling them first. The atmosphere is sour and far from a positive environment.

Posted July 31, 2013
My child went to Ballentine for 1 year after moving from out of state. We learned very quickly that the principal was not interested in making sure that each child is challenged. If your child is in the top or bottom 10%, I would highly recommend you look for another school. We have since transferred to another local school and the difference is amazing. Time for the school board to look into dropping test scores, enrollment, poor teacher morale, etc.

Posted July 02, 2013
This school needs major improvement on how it handles bullying and giving the teachers skills to use when they see or hear it happen from a student. The teachers are very good here when it comes to educating but towards the end of my child's last years here it was a constant worry that the grades would drop due to bullying. Suggestion for this school is to look at new ways to show zero tolerance for bullying in their school.

Ballentine Elementary 3

Posted March 01, 2013
If your child is on the top10% or lower 20% of the curve, your experience here could prove challenging. Public schools tend to cater to the majority at or near average, but exceptions here seem more of a nuisance than elsewhere. This school seems firmly focused on one thing - teaching material directly tied to measured objectives and EOGs. Our child attended Kindergarten through 2nd grade. Kindergarten provided some of the caring needed but little academic challenge. First grade was better, with a good mix of nurturing and academics. Second grade was an eye opener. Caring was replaced by pressure to conform and meet timed standards. Beyond that, something changed for the worse at this school somewhere between 2010-2011. Notice the absence of glowing reviews since then? Enrollment dropped and teachers just didn't seem as happy or fulfilled as they once were. Spirit, participation and fun at school events slumped. Some of the enrollment decline could be related to the neighborhood around the school growing up, but I personally know almost as many parents who pulled their children to go private as I do those who have graduated. Count me among those who went private.

Posted October 12, 2010
This is such a wonderful, friendly school somewhere I know I can leave my child all day and know they are in great hands. A school full of so much knowledge but at the same time making learning fun!

Posted September 30, 2009

Posted April 22, 2009
Lisa Embury is a 3rd grade teacher and she is second to none. She is an excellent teacher and all around great person. Any student would be lucky to have her as a teacher, she really cares about each and every child!!!

Posted January 21, 2009
I have had 2 children in Ballentine and we love the school and the teachers!! It is a family at Ballentine !!

Posted August 19, 2008
So far, I strongly believe is GREAT. There is a Kindengarden teacher, Ms. Schmidt, and she absoulutely rocks. Just check out her website and I'm sure you will agree.

Ballentine Elementary 3

Posted February 13, 2008

Ballentine Elementary
1651 McLaurin Lane, Fuquay-Varina, NC  27526
Last modified Ballentine Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ballentine Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top