Posted February 03, 2014
The football team is great never loses a game best coach ever Coach Tomaino is the best

Posted December 15, 2013
I went to this school for my 7th grade year and It was very good. I made a lot of friends but there was a little fuss about the teams and which team is better but it was fine. The school sports teams are pretty good, never really heard anything bad about it. They also had this time before lunch where everyone would go in the gym and have free time (Play basketball, volleyball, sit on the side and talk with friends) which I thought was pretty cool! During the middle of the year, the school made a new team (The Cobra's) and moved some 7th graders into it because the classes were crowded. It was horrible, there were only two teachers who taught two subjects, students didn't really listen, and the principle had to come in a lot. I had to beg the counselor to change one of my classes. Pros: School has some cool electronics for students to use. Big school Up to date Requires you to take a second language Great Curriculum Cons: The 8th graders classes were in TRAILERS and they didn't have lockers! I thought that was pretty bad for a school who has a lot of money. The school doesn't had a track, it has a little track around some trailers. Only has 3 choices of languages

Posted May 28, 2013
My school is East Garner Middle school. I love this school but, the teachers can range on their strictness . Even though none of the teachers are mean they never listen to our opinion. Improvent are needed. TWO AND A HALF RATING

Posted April 20, 2012
hi. i go to east garner middle, it's pretty great! I like the different teams, they help stop cliques better. The IB program is swell because we at east garner focus more on subjects. Such as: second languages, arts, and technology. The school, and students aren't "ghetto" like you may hear. Nobody is really bullied. We act like any other middle schoolers, so if you can't handle EGMMS than your child won't make it anywhere else. The teachers here really push us to do our best. Like at the time of EOG's the have of work hard. And if we go up a ceartin number of points, we get to go on fun trips! You even get rewarded for showing up all four days! hope you enjoy EGMMS!

Posted May 24, 2011
Overall not excited about school at all. My daughter has had some difficulty with the enviornment at East Garner Middle. I do not feel as though they attempt to keep parents informed about student progress individually. My daughter just informed me that 65% of her team members didn't pass the EOG's, this is very alarming to me. I will reserve my final judgement until the school scores are posted overall. This is just further proof of how our education system is failing our students. All of the fuss about student assignment needs to be focused on what our children are learning. It does not matter where a student is assigned if they are not learning anyway.

Posted October 10, 2010
East Garner is the greatest school ever. Literally, everyone is welcomed in east garner. When i was going into middleschool my mom was afraid that EGMS would be to "gehhto" or not educational. But actually its a great school. Everyone is accepted for who they are and the teachers are amazing. My whole 6th grade year was my best year ever. Once you find out who you are and what group your suppost to be in you'll find out how amazing the school is. I really dont know where you guys are getting all of these terrible "rumors" about EGMS

East Garner Middle 2

Posted July 26, 2010
A parent had to protest the principal of this school for verbally attacking his daughter at an 8th grade prom. This girl was an Honor Roll student and well known by her peers. I appears that the principal is not known to parents, and students if asked to point her out in a crowd. This school is horrible.

East Garner Middle 0

Posted January 04, 2010
I would say the school is nit the best but it is not as bad as the rumors make it out to be. I have came across some great teachers amongst other staff also. I have a special need student at the school in which the school is not for him. Some of the student make this a bad school but like I said,some of the teachers are exceptional.

East Garner Middle 2

Posted November 17, 2009

East Garner Middle 1

Posted October 24, 2009
East Garner Middle. Where do I start. The students know the principal by name only and would never be able to point her out if asked. The teachers try to teach, but have to deal with so many disclipine issues that the students that are there to learn receive a cut rate education. The school lives up to the rumors and worse.

East Garner Middle
6301 Jones Sausage Road, Garner, NC  27529
Last modified East Garner Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Garner Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top