Bad
Good

I am a current student and some teachers just give you a briefly explain what to do and sit in the corner and do whatever it is that they do. Until last year the principal was never seen not even a welcome when he six graders started the school year.

I cannot say enough good things about EGMMS! The administration and staff are outstanding, committed professionals, many of whom hold advanced degrees. The curriculum offers the students the opportunity to take 4 times the number of electives per year than a student at the average MS. Being an International Baccalaureate school, the students are getting a wonderful education about the world and their place in it. The nasty comments some have made about the school's demographics? The teachers embrace those differences and work them into the curriculum! Are there some problems in the school? What middle school doesn't have some problems? The administration focuses on positive reinforcement before the problems even pop up! Awesome! My child is happier going to school this year than he has been in years! Sending him to EGMMS was the best decision we've made since picking a nursery school!

My son had problems with his old school students and teachers. After playing football this year he started to bring his grades up and had more pride in himself. I want to let everyone know that Coach Tomaino and his staff have turned my sons attituide into a positive direction.

I went to this school for my 7th grade year and It was very good. I made a lot of friends but there was a little fuss about the teams and which team is better but it was fine. The school sports teams are pretty good, never really heard anything bad about it. They also had this time before lunch where everyone would go in the gym and have free time (Play basketball, volleyball, sit on the side and talk with friends) which I thought was pretty cool! During the middle of the year, the school made a new team (The Cobra's) and moved some 7th graders into it because the classes were crowded. It was horrible, there were only two teachers who taught two subjects, students didn't really listen, and the principle had to come in a lot. I had to beg the counselor to change one of my classes. Pros: School has some cool electronics for students to use. Big school Up to date Requires you to take a second language Great Curriculum Cons: The 8th graders classes were in TRAILERS and they didn't have lockers! I thought that was pretty bad for a school who has a lot of money. The school doesn't had a track, it has a little track around some trailers. Only has 3 choices of languages

My school is East Garner Middle school. I love this school but, the teachers can range on their strictness . Even though none of the teachers are mean they never listen to our opinion. Improvent are needed. TWO AND A HALF RATING

hi. i go to east garner middle, it's pretty great! I like the different teams, they help stop cliques better. The IB program is swell because we at east garner focus more on subjects. Such as: second languages, arts, and technology. The school, and students aren't "ghetto" like you may hear. Nobody is really bullied. We act like any other middle schoolers, so if you can't handle EGMMS than your child won't make it anywhere else. The teachers here really push us to do our best. Like at the time of EOG's the have of work hard. And if we go up a ceartin number of points, we get to go on fun trips! You even get rewarded for showing up all four days! hope you enjoy EGMMS!

Overall not excited about school at all. My daughter has had some difficulty with the enviornment at East Garner Middle. I do not feel as though they attempt to keep parents informed about student progress individually. My daughter just informed me that 65% of her team members didn't pass the EOG's, this is very alarming to me. I will reserve my final judgement until the school scores are posted overall. This is just further proof of how our education system is failing our students. All of the fuss about student assignment needs to be focused on what our children are learning. It does not matter where a student is assigned if they are not learning anyway.

East Garner is the greatest school ever. Literally, everyone is welcomed in east garner. When i was going into middleschool my mom was afraid that EGMS would be to "gehhto" or not educational. But actually its a great school. Everyone is accepted for who they are and the teachers are amazing. My whole 6th grade year was my best year ever. Once you find out who you are and what group your suppost to be in you'll find out how amazing the school is. I really dont know where you guys are getting all of these terrible "rumors" about EGMS

A parent had to protest the principal of this school for verbally attacking his daughter at an 8th grade prom. This girl was an Honor Roll student and well known by her peers. I appears that the principal is not known to parents, and students if asked to point her out in a crowd. This school is horrible.

I would say the school is nit the best but it is not as bad as the rumors make it out to be. I have came across some great teachers amongst other staff also. I have a special need student at the school in which the school is not for him. Some of the student make this a bad school but like I said,some of the teachers are exceptional.

Last modified East Garner Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.