Posted July 02, 2014
I don't understand why there are bad reviews! I went to NGMS for the 2011-2012 in sixth grade, and I loved it! Yes, I can agree with the other student about the sagging issue. I don't know about the "broken chin" or "glass breaking" because sixth grade was one of the best school years of my life! I met awesome people that I'm still in contact with today at NGMS. From what I remember, it wasn't the cleanest of schools, but it was great and I loved it. Highly recommend.

Posted June 05, 2014
Teachers and staff do nothing when a student is physically or verbally harassed by other students, in plain sight. Glasses broken, punched in the chin, lunches flipped over, books thrown to the ground. Can't abide by this anymore.

Posted April 02, 2014
This school is not the best for its academics. I am a current 7th grader there and I am not happy with most of my teachers. I have had so many problems that the school puts aside. I do not suggest going to this school if you want the best for your child. I can not wait to leave for there is so much bulling going on, and fights every day in the halls, that teachers and staff do not take care of. It is as if the students run the school and push the teachers around. The dress code states that sagging is not allowed yet everywhere you go in the halls people are sagging and the staff does not do any thing about it. Some of the staff is extremely rude or the teacher is too nice to his/her students and let them get away with too much. One of my teachers (who is actually considered to be one of the better ones in the school) tells us on a regular basis how much she dislikes teaching and that she should have kept her old job.

North Garner Middle 3

Posted July 09, 2013
this school is really not the best enviroment for learning because they have so many bullis and the school teachers only call you for information about sports.

Posted January 23, 2013
Though some of the teachers are communicative and responsive to parents, not all of them are. I regularly communicate with one out of three of my child's core teachers. Another teacher and I communicate sporadically and the third refuses to communicate. I am not impressed with the staff response to reports of bullying. My child is bullied, has been hit, has had possessions taken away, and is constantly subject to offensive and foul language. The administration's response to reports of bullying is that they talk to the offender and everything is handled. That offers no comfort to a parent of a child who is being harassed, intimidated, and threatened while at school or on the school bus. If you have a choice, do not send your child here if you want your child to receive an education. Kids here are more concerned with acting and looking like a hoodlum thug than learning. I am looking into other options for my child.

Posted July 18, 2011
Terrible school. Son has been bullied from day one. Kids wear pants that sag even though school policy says they shouldn't but no one re-inforces it. Teachers are nice but students are the worse I've ever seen in any public school probably due to lack of parental control and maybe they come from single parent home where no discipline is established.

Posted March 23, 2011
The teachers here are nice but strict. They really care about the students. Especially Ms. Yarn and Ms. Gore. They are excellent. I am a straight A student and this school is great.

Posted December 11, 2009

Posted September 22, 2009
I agree. I am very involved in the school and also feel that the teachers and staff go above and beyond their call of service. Our kids are in a very safe environment and being taught not only core classes but respect as well. I give an A+ to this school!

Posted September 16, 2009
I feel that this school does an excellent job. I feel too many people are quick to point fingers when they aren't even involved. This school is very good and they teach our children, keep them safe and follow up with parents in a very timely manner. Most of the staff that I have met have nothing but our childrens best interest in mind!

North Garner Middle
720 Powell Drive, Garner, NC  27529
Last modified North Garner Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
North Garner Middle Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 40 reviews.