Posted October 02, 2014
It is very difficult to even give one star. Please decide for yourself. Yes, go visit when they can put on their best face. Ask questions and take all reviews into consideration. NO school is perfect however you need to take the negative reviews seriously. Yes, the parent is probably disgruntled...wouldn't you be disgruntled if a negative experience happened to you and your child??? I for myself have had issues with some of the teachers and my child not being happy. Parents and teachers need to work together, but against !

Posted April 08, 2013
Visit this school and you will see what the buzz is about! Very friendly, very safe, and has been in business longer than most of us have been alive! The school isn't just for Catholic Students - it is for everyone! The faculty is 2nd to none and I believe you will find this out when you visit. If you are looking for a cuddly place where the teacher holds your Kindergartner on their lap and reads stories all day, then pass on this school. But if you want your child learning first grade curriculum in Kindergarten, then visit! This school is a grade level ahead of public schools - and the students thrive in this environment!

Posted April 08, 2013
The negative reviews on this page were most likely written by the same disgruntled parent. It is unfortunate that because this woman had one bad experience, that she has made it her goal to bad mouth such a wonderful school. How long ago were you insulted and pulled your child? 4 or 5 years ago? Please know that St. Michael's is a great school with a great staff. If you were to choose a school solely on "reviews" written on an unmonitored website, no private schools would have students. I could say anything I wanted to, and yet live in a different country, not knowing a thing about this school. Visit St. Michael's and see for yourself. THAT is where you will find the truth about this school.

Posted April 07, 2013
Our school is a small, hidden gem! We built this building in 1952 (after 10 years around the corner). We are in a neighborhood (not a busy road!) and our school is small enough where everyone knows everyone! I read some sad reviews below and they sadden me. This is what I propose: COME and VISIT! That will be the only way to see us in our best. And don't call - just show up!! We love when a new family comes to tour the school. Our technology has been updated and I think parents will see a fantastic school to place their child! We have a great principal (voted principal of the year a few years back) and our staff and teachers are a caring group! Please come and visit! I am certain you will see a safe, caring environment and any negative reviews below will be dismissed! We have a great group of students and have not only brand new teachers, but teachers that were students at the school themselves (a few years ago!) Our Kindergarten teacher is second to none and will make you a believer when they finish their Kindergarten year. Your student will have the skills of a finishing First Grader!!!! 704 St. Michael's Lane, Gastonia 704-865-4382 - Come visit!! :)

Posted September 11, 2012
GREAT school, and the K teacher is just what kids of that age need. We're very pleased of having our child on her class.

Posted July 26, 2012
Don't be too horrified, because it is true. We had a major ordeal with the K teacher. Stern...are you kidding? K is cold as ice and hardly ever smiled. Pre-K was nice....horrified when we got to K, and began second guessing why we were sending our children to a school which empolyed ice queens. K is very inattentive, lack of warmth, overall score a 0. Teachers with 25+ years...needs to move on. Fresh, smiley, warm faces are needed especially for K...not sub zero degrees. We did have a disucssion with Principal after heartbreaking incident that my child still talks about today...few years later. We left....not worth it. Take the advice...watch out for K. Don't say we didn't warn you!

Posted January 08, 2012
I have to admit, I'm completely horrified to see the nasty review below. I have two children at SMCS and am SO SO glad I chose this wonderful place for my children's education! To say that an entire grade is a waste is peculiar to me..I found the K teacher to be very stern, but also very loving to my children. She does expect the children to behave, but isn't that WHY we choose a private Catholic education?! I WANTED my children to be a part of a disciplined environment! Oh, don't worry--they do amazingly fun activities as well. I'm so impressed with how the teachers manage to wrap the entire days lessons together and bring it right home for the kids. The first grade teacher was A_MAZ_ING and I cannot believe anybody would think otherwise! I always found the teachers very willing to listen to me AND make appropriate changes when necessary. I never encountered an unwelcoming face and my kids LOVE it there. They cannot imagine being elsewhere and I always get compliments on their good manners &well-roundedness. I LOVE the principal...end of story--he won Principal of the year for a reason (city of Gastonia). Please, don't let sour grapes affect your decision to consider SMCS!

Posted January 08, 2012
I am so proud to have my children at this school, receiving a top notch, CATHOLIC education. They love the teachers and principal (in all grades) and I can tell they are being nurtured. They are excited to learn about traditional subjects as well as intricacies of the Faith. A++ SMCS, keep up the good work!

Posted January 08, 2012
I love St. Michael's Catholic School. I wanted Faith-Based education and that is what I am getting. The education is fantastic and I know my daughters are learning more than the local public school kids are. The environment is exactly what I expect from a Catholic School. I guarantee that we are not of the rich crowd, but I haven't encountered any problems from any of the parents or students treating my children inappropriately. I look forward to all of my children having the opportunity to have Kindergarten thru 8th grade education at St. Michael's.

Posted July 12, 2011
Before sending your child to SMCS, do your research, tour, etc..... I encountered many issues with teachers. SMCS is very settled, all teachers are in a comfort zone that they will NEVER get out of. They do not like to use e-mail, very few use smartboards, etc.... Technology is not a priority at SMCS. Grades 1st, 3rd, and 5th is a waste of money. Class sizes are beginning to be big in many grade levels, worse than a public school. The principal is very nice, but also very setteled. Nothing gets changed or even an intent to change negatives to positives, NEVER happens. He is very settled as well. The school needs new teachers and a new principal. There are a lot of changes that need to be made. The school needs new active teachers that teach and also make learning fun. Please, as a parent make sure of your decisions before sending your children to SMCS. We have had to move our kids from SMCS because of large class size and lack of teaching.

St. Michael's Catholic School
704 Saint Michaels Lane, Gastonia, NC  28052
Last modified St. Michael's Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. Michael's Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top