Posted May 15, 2014
First Wesleyan is a wonderful school that has offered my child individual attention, strong Christian values, and the best possible education in the area. The teachers are outstanding and have helped my child blossom not only academically but also spiritually. This school encourages parent involvement and nurtures individuality in each student. Their child care is a wonderful extension to the total learning package and my daughter loves it.

Posted March 25, 2014
Fantastic School. Caring faculty that teaches respect and compassion to students through the word of God. This school has been so wonderful for my son.

Posted March 13, 2014
First Wesleyan Christian School is a great school with teachers and staff who are concerned about the students' academically and spiritually. My son is a student there and my daughter will start Kindergarten next year. I would highly recommend this school for anyone.

Posted March 06, 2014
My two children attend First Wesleyan. My husband and I are thrilled with both the Christian principles and education they are being taught. The teachers and staff are very helpful and are genuinely concerned and quick to address any questions we might have. It is a stress free environment and we love the teacher/student ratio. Very happy parents and students!

Posted July 21, 2013
FWCS has very Christ centered teachers who take care of my child and they truly want the best for not only his educational needs but also for his spiritual well being. Mr. Wilfong and his staff are doing a wonderful job preparing our children for the future and I wholeheartedly recommend this school.

Posted July 21, 2013
First Wesleyan is a very nice school. It has great teachers and staff. My son has been at First Wesleyan for several years. He loves the after school programs they offer. The subjects are taught in an engaging manner that keeps his attention. The teachers are very happy and enjoy their jobs. Your child will love First Wesleyan.

Posted July 04, 2013
This wonderful Christian school is amazing in every way I went there since preschool and I left the school before I went in to forth grade I loved this school and now i am going in to eighth grade .it still has a special place in my heart

Posted November 25, 2012
We first came to FWCS after trying several area preschool programs. My son wanted to learn to write his name at 3 years old. We were told that wasn't "age appropriate". FWCS is an academic preschool. They have fun AND learn. He loved it. He has excelled academically and creatively. He is now in the 7Th grade competing in Math Olympics, Speech, and Music. When time came, we place our youngest child in preschool. He was NOT academically oriented and did not do as well. We removed him to a "mother's morning out" program and re-enrolled him in Kindergarten. He, too, is excelling academically. Active in Drama, Speech, and Spelling. FWCS is not your every day school. They have high academic standards and strong Christian values. They genuinely care for your child's well being. I would not have my children anywhere else.

Posted November 25, 2012
Both our children attend First Wesleyan. I am very impressed by the level of education they have received there. First Wesleyan has consistently ranked above the national average in academics. The school has a solid Christian foundation with a staff that seriously cares about the values they are instilling in their students. The teacher to student ratio allow for individual instruction and interaction. The level of teaching experience in the elementary/middle school is exceptional. The school is hosts the regional Speech Meet. They are active participants in Spelling Bee's and Math Olympics. The school offers Drama,Chess, and Science Clubs. Piano and Voice lessons. Volleyball, Golf, and Basketball. AND they have cafeteria that serves a hot lunch. What more can you ask for?

Posted November 19, 2012
My 7 year old son attended FWCS for their summer program. He has only been in 2 day cares in his life because I am all about stability. But when our previous daycare decided not to take school age children, we were left with the task of changing again. I have NEVER had my child in a facility where there wasn't some sort of problem be it with other children or staff. I can honestly say that his summer experience at FWCS was the MOST PLEASANT experience I have ever encountered. The teachers are so interested in just giving the children a Christ filled environment to learn and grow in. He had a great summer, and I, in turn also had a great summer not having to worry about him. We honestly can't think of enough nice things to say about it. He is now at another center for after school that picks up from his school, but he still says "Mommy, can I please go back to summer camp at First Wesleyan?" That makes my heart happy!!!

First Wesleyan Christian School
208 South Church Street, Gastonia, NC  28054
Last modified First Wesleyan Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
First Wesleyan Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.