K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Agree

I wanted to say 'too much,' but I realize this the school is quite a bit more advanced than a typical public school. So to clarify: compared to a standard public school there is a lot of homework. The quantity of homework is completely within the capabilities of the student however, and reinforces the curriculum throughout the year with a focus on retaining information learned weeks or even months ago. The bottom line is the students learn AND retain.

We've been sending our daughter since preschool. The staff is top notch, the class material is advanced, the classes themselves are small, and the summer program is simply amazing. The year-round curriculum and day care can't be beat. Would highly recommend.

First Wesleyan is a wonderful school that has offered my child individual attention, strong Christian values, and the best possible education in the area. The teachers are outstanding and have helped my child blossom not only academically but also spiritually. This school encourages parent involvement and nurtures individuality in each student. Their child care is a wonderful extension to the total learning package and my daughter loves it.

Fantastic School. Caring faculty that teaches respect and compassion to students through the word of God. This school has been so wonderful for my son.

First Wesleyan Christian School is a great school with teachers and staff who are concerned about the students' academically and spiritually. My son is a student there and my daughter will start Kindergarten next year. I would highly recommend this school for anyone.

My two children attend First Wesleyan. My husband and I are thrilled with both the Christian principles and education they are being taught. The teachers and staff are very helpful and are genuinely concerned and quick to address any questions we might have. It is a stress free environment and we love the teacher/student ratio. Very happy parents and students!

FWCS has very Christ centered teachers who take care of my child and they truly want the best for not only his educational needs but also for his spiritual well being. Mr. Wilfong and his staff are doing a wonderful job preparing our children for the future and I wholeheartedly recommend this school.

First Wesleyan is a very nice school. It has great teachers and staff. My son has been at First Wesleyan for several years. He loves the after school programs they offer. The subjects are taught in an engaging manner that keeps his attention. The teachers are very happy and enjoy their jobs. Your child will love First Wesleyan.

This wonderful Christian school is amazing in every way I went there since preschool and I left the school before I went in to forth grade I loved this school and now i am going in to eighth grade .it still has a special place in my heart

We first came to FWCS after trying several area preschool programs. My son wanted to learn to write his name at 3 years old. We were told that wasn't "age appropriate". FWCS is an academic preschool. They have fun AND learn. He loved it. He has excelled academically and creatively. He is now in the 7Th grade competing in Math Olympics, Speech, and Music. When time came, we place our youngest child in preschool. He was NOT academically oriented and did not do as well. We removed him to a "mother's morning out" program and re-enrolled him in Kindergarten. He, too, is excelling academically. Active in Drama, Speech, and Spelling. FWCS is not your every day school. They have high academic standards and strong Christian values. They genuinely care for your child's well being. I would not have my children anywhere else.

Last modified First Wesleyan Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8