Gaston Christian School 1

Posted August 23, 2015
As a Christian School, we had an expectation that GCS would encourage their students to live their life with honesty and integrity. We also expected that the head master and administration would also want to display those characteristics to the student body and their families. When our elementary child was a victim of violence and attempted suffocation, at the hand of an older high school Chinese student (from their International Program), we were devastated by their lack of support and their efforts to cover up the events. In hind sight, I actually believe they are incapable of being a place of safety or a voice for a victim. Protecting their name is more important to them, than protecting children. It's scary how many children in our nation are victims of domestic violence. Schools are, by law, required to report if they find out a child was intentionally hurt and/or abused. This school failed in it's primary responsibility, protect children.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted August 23, 2015
They teach the elementary students that they will not be a voice for them if they are victims of abuse. This could be one method of teaching children to tough it out in life. It's one I strongly disagree with though.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 23, 2015
They teach the older high school males that it's alright to physically hurt young children when they get angry with them.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 23, 2015
Truthfulness. If the head master and some of the staff do not live out this character quality, it's difficult for them to teach it to others.

Posted November 16, 2014
It has been a tremendous blessing for our family to be a party of the Gaston Christian family since 2003. We are pleased academically, but consider the spiritual nourishment invaluable. The teachers care for the students in a way that goes beyond average expectations. Our whole family has grown in our walk with the Lord through the investment of all the staff members. We are so thankful to have our children enrolled here!

Posted November 11, 2014
I cannot say enough positive things about Gaston Christian School! We have two children enrolled with 1 in the middle school program and 1 in elementary. Both have attended since Kindergarten. The teachers, staff and administration have always been fantastic in not only loving and encouraging my children, but also providing an excellent college prep education. We highly recommend Gaston Christian to anyone wanting an outstanding educational experience for their children.

Posted November 06, 2014
I have two children at Gaston Christian and have been involved with the school for 8 years. My family could not be more pleased. GCS provides an affordable but challenging college preparatory education with a strong Biblical foundation. The teachers and administrators are top notch and genuinely care for the students. Class sizes are reasonable, and the school is constantly implementing new technology and improvements. Strong Christian based education.

Posted December 16, 2012
Gaston Christian School is fully accredited at ALL grade levels by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (AdvancEd). Both of our children have attended Gaston Christian School since Pre-K. One is now in college and the other is in High School. Because of its mission focus, tuition rates are much lower than any other comparable school in the area. The spiritual emphasis is on partnering with families to promote Christian ideals. The academic emphasis is on excellence & it shows in the achievements of students. Our oldest was able to select from the finest universities in the country & was admitted to every school to which he applied (incl Honors & scholarship programs). GCS students have wins & championships in Quiz Bowl and Mock Trial at the county & state levels. The sports emphasis is on integrity, sportsmanship and excellence. GCS offers all usual sports except tackle football. GCS teams have brought home conference & state championships in many sports. We highly recommend GCS to everyone! The spiritual support, academic & athletic excellence, dedicated faculty and staff and family atmosphere make it, in our opinion, the best private school in the area.

Gaston Christian School 3

Posted July 19, 2011
Is ACSI the assoc of christian schools? I know GCS was going through accreditation with SACS (Advance Ed) at the elem level a few years ago. Was that completed? I think high school does have this accreditation. Don't think ACSI certification means teachers are certified by the state. I too used to have a child at GCS - teachers were very kind and hard workers - weak in critical thinking skills - most of elem curriculum was rote memorization- hopefully this has changed-our child did well at GCS but struggled with reading comprehension and critical thinking skills when moved to another school.

Posted April 14, 2011
I have three children who have attended Gaston Christian since their 4 yr old preschool year. The oldest is now in College. The education has been top notch and the school is committed to continuous improvement. The school offers a comprehensive education environment and my kids have thrived in social, academic and athletic areas. The commitment of the board of directors and administration to making this the best school in the area and serve Christ at the same time is impressive. Is everything perfect? No, but needs are known and every effort is made to improve. I am excited in the plans they have for the future and the campus is beautiful. I could not be happier with the choice made 15 years ago to send my children to Gastion Christian. My family has made friends for life at Gaston Christian and it plays a huge role in our lives today. Our investment in our childrens spiritual and educational development could not have been better made. Thank you GCS!

1625 Lowell Bethesda Road , Gastonia, NC  28056
Last modified Gaston Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Gaston Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top