Posted July 30, 2013
Only High school in gaston county that offers the IB program, Huss is given a bad reputation because of the apartments that are located near it, some not even being in Huss district.

Hunter Huss High School 3

Posted April 30, 2013
I don't go to this school, I don't have kids who go to this school yet. I have spoken to students of this school as a volunteer and I live two blocks away so I see the students every day. Let's get the facts out on the table... Hunter Huss's graduation rate is rising. There has been a significant investment in re-facing the school building and improving the grounds. I noticed a sprinkler system being added the other day. These things take time, but kids do better if their surroundings are better. The future is promising. People will point the school doesn't have a racial majority. There are more non-white students than white students. I'll point out, this is true for the world and people need to get a grip on that. I'd like to see the school move to have a dress code. Some of the kids who go to the school could dress better and a dress code would eliminate some of the clothing choices from the equation. I was fortunate to visit an AP or IB class for Engineering week, I liked how those kids acted and behaved.

Hunter Huss High School 0

Posted November 03, 2010
Despite years of county neglect and efforts to undercut its IB program, Huss High succeeds in graduating thoughtful, learned, and impassioned students. Like so many urban schools it struggles with serving the lowest and highest achievers of its population. Thus, Huss' standardized test scores are middling at best. But tucked away behind these stats are committed, passionate, and informed teachers making a difference in my son's life. For that, I am eternally grateful. In consideration of full disclosure, I have another child at Highland Tech (another great are school; magnet school). However, the strength of the IB program at Huss dwarfs Highland's curriculum for college preparedness. For this reason, I recommend Huss.

Hunter Huss High School 0

Posted October 09, 2010
It has the best teachers and all around good atmosphere. It was the school i graduated from.

Hunter Huss High School 4

Posted June 12, 2010
Huss is not a terrible school. While there are a diversity of students from different backgrounds, the majority of the kids make a serious effort to challenge themselves. Huss is home of the only high school IB program in the district. The middle school program is at York Chester, so those kids end up at Huss. There are a wide variety of courses to offer. I think people judge schools like Huss based on hearsay and not from actually getting involved in the school and the community. Mrs. Farris and her team of administrators, teachers, and staff really showed that they love their Huskies this year as Huss dealt with several student deaths.

Posted September 16, 2009
I love hunter huss high school because the Teachers,and Principal's and the Staff Members,are friendly! And they really care about the students education.And they keep everything safe thier and make sure all the students get to class on time and safely.And of course every body has school spirt all the time for HHHS. Thats why I love HHHS!

Posted July 29, 2009
I graduated from hunter huss in 2003. Thanks to my algebra teacher Ms Ball who was one of the best support systems and doesnt even realize how much help she was to me through school I will now be walking across another stage to graduate with a degree in education from Belmont Abbey College. The teachers at huss are dedicated to helping students stay on the right path and be successful in life. The faculty and staff at Hunter Huss not only prepare students for success in school but in life as well.

Posted July 12, 2009
'Hunter Huss is a terrible school, the teachers care nothing for the students, the guidance councilors don't help. My daughter went there from freshman year to junior years and everyday inbetween she cam home crying.' How about you learn to spell a bit before insulting my school? I attend Hunter Huss and I'm an upcoming senior. I have never heard of any teachers 'caring nothing for the students.' The guidance counselors offer great help in working with us students on scholarships and our teachers help with everything in-between. Maybe it's not the school or the teachers that's your problem here. Every teacher I've ever had at this school has valued teaching everything there is to be taught while making sure we had a somewhat-enjoyable time learning it. They use innovative hands-on learning teaching skills to make sure the material is taught and applied. Hunter Huss is a great school.

Hunter Huss High School 1

Posted May 22, 2009

Hunter Huss High School 3

Posted September 20, 2008

Hunter Huss High School
1518 Edgefield Avenue, Gastonia, NC  28052
Last modified Hunter Huss High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hunter Huss High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.