Posted March 23, 2011
I'm afraid I cannot say enough good things about Sherwood! The teachers are all phenomenal. They manage to teach the kids their lessons AND genuinely care about the students at the same time-which is almost unheard of from my experience with other schools. The principal is involved and an exceptional leader, and goes above and beyond. It is always very neat in appearance, and orderly when you walk in. I have always had a friendly greeting when arriving-from a teacher, the principal herself, office staff, or even another parent. Everyone loves this school, and it shows! The children and their education are their first priority, and they do an outstanding job of helping each and every child succeed. Anyone with a child at this school should feel extremely blessed! Sherwood ROCKS!!!

Sherwood Elementary School 4

Posted July 26, 2010
Sherwood has always been a great school. The leadership there is excellent. One of the best after school programs in Gaston County also picks up at Sherwood , Carolina Galaxy. I'm sure you will be very impressed with Sherwood Elementary.

Sherwood Elementary School 0

Posted September 09, 2009
Our oldest is now in 5th grade, and started in Sherwood's K. We love the impact that this school has had on him, as he has always had great teachers that seek to challenge their student to be better. The principal is very committed and has been a great leader, and the PTA is very involved. District cuts have forced the parents to provide more of the supplies, but otherwise a great environment.

Sherwood Elementary School 0

Posted August 06, 2009

Posted January 30, 2005
Sherwood is a great school with a lot of afterschool programs for the kids. The parents are very involved in the childrens education, and the teachers are first rate. All 3 of my children have been blessed to attend this school.

Posted January 10, 2005
Sherwood is a wonderful school. The teachers are very supportive of the children and involve parents at every opportunity. My child is now a 5th grader at Sherwood and has loved every year. They have a very good AR program and they try to get all children to participate in it. Sherwood also has a lot of activities after school such as 'skate night' and 'Bellacino's night'. The PTA at Sherwood is very active.

Posted April 21, 2003
I have found that the school is very clean,the teachers are very good at what they do. They are very helpful and friendly. They keep me up to date on the progress of my child. When my little one got hurt on the playground, they called me right away. My childs teachers are very good, caring and loving people. This is his first year in school and thanks to the teachers he has had this year it has been a really good experience for both of us. He is a clinging child. He doesn't like to let me out of his sight. But he has had a good year and is less clingy now. Fantastic teachers and school.Sherwood Elementary School has been an all around good experience for the two of us. Thank you for allowing me to express my opinion about this really good school.

Sherwood Elementary School
1744 Dixon Road, Gastonia, NC  28054
Last modified Sherwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sherwood Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.