Posted September 18, 2014
I m a totally obsessed parent when it comes to education. I moved to this area because of the academic possibilities. Before relocating, I had to be on top of it all to ensure my kids academic success. My son has been here 4 yrs. & I ve NOT had to do ANY enhancing with his education in the last 2. I first met this principal in Central Middle, there she helped guide my older son into success. Her devotion to our children (the communities) is relentless. She's been very supportive with our concerns. She's the sole reason I decided not to homeschool. Staying under her guidance has given my sons the benefit of a loving school family that encompasses, a principal that puts her students first & super caring teachers, instructors, & a multitude of other supportive workers. One of the best decisions I ve made. This is one of the best schools in the US, I could be anywhere in the world, but I choose to be here. I ve 2 boys that are headed to college & this school has set the foundation in which my son will stand proudly & confidently as he moves toward his future in higher learning. THANK YOU BUCKLAND ~ Ms. Goldsby, Mrs. Branch & Ms. Hawk to name a few because there are so many more!

Posted August 06, 2014
My children attend Buckland School and I am very pleased for what they accomplished this past school year. I am excited for another challenging school year. My children have made leaps and bounds since their arrival at Buckland Elementary School. I am thrilled about the principal, Ms. Goldsby. She seeks the best for all children and maintains a positive warm environment for parents to feel at ease. Keep up the good work. GO PANDAS!

Posted August 04, 2014
I have two children who attend/have attended Buckland. I would highly recommend Buckland to anyone who is new to the area. Ms. Goldsby is an excellent leader and always has my child's success as her top priority. There is a family atmosphere here that isn't felt in other schools in the area. Communication is always a priority, whether it is by note, phone, e-mail, etc. My child will be graduating out of Buckland in 2015 and it will be bitter-sweet, but I know the teachers and staff have equipped her with the tools she needs to be successful in life. Thank-you Ms. Goldsby and all the teachers who have helped with my child(ren)'s future.

Buckland Elementary 1

Posted February 12, 2014
My daughter attends Buckland. This is the worst school I have ever had to deal with. The teachers have allowed my daughter to be bullied by another student, and when my daughter tries to defend her self she is the one getting in trouble. Now mind you she is in Kindergarden. This should not be happening in Kindergarden. I am very disappointed with this school. Communication with the teacher is only when she feels it is necessary to tell me what is going on with my child which might be days later. I find out days later that my child left the building and they had to go find her wondering the school property. I am the mother I should have been called right away. But if my daughter tells someone to leave her alone then she gets in trouble and then they want to call me to talk to her about her behavior. I am getting a little tired of this school thinking that i am just going to continue to allow them to bully my child. If anyone knows how to report a school in NC please let me know. Thanks

Buckland Elementary 1

Posted August 01, 2013
Former Principle Gregory was excellent and cared about his school, however ever since he has retired the school has went downhill. The principle is so unsatisfactory the staff members who have been there for over a decade are leaving. I moved to Gatesville school district just so that my daughter wouldn't have to attend Buckland and I have lived in Gates County for twenty years and have attended the schools myself.

Posted May 31, 2012
how many schools has the same principle for 40+ years and remembers most of our parents when they was students. remembers everybody's name too

Posted September 15, 2008
2 of my children are former students of Buckland and we all loved this school. The principal is a very caring and fair man, the teachers are all qualified and involved in making sure each child learns to their full potential. And the parents, at least while I was there, were excellent. Parental involvement is the key to a successful education. My children have all now moved on to GCHS and are doing extremely well in academics and sports. I feel that Buckland helped get them where they are today.

Posted April 17, 2008

Posted February 29, 2008
When I went to this school I loved it was fantastic

Posted August 24, 2007
I feel parent involvement is very high and the teachers are very good. My son loves Buckland and he is very involved in sports and music. We are active with the PTA and we feel that the school is one of the best in the area.

Buckland Elementary
448 Nc 37 North, Gates, NC  27937
Last modified Buckland Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Buckland Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.