Gatesville, NC

Central Middle 3

Posted December 03, 2010
There are good things and bad things about it. As a student my opinion may be slightly bias. When I go to school every day there are things I look forward to and things I wish weren't there. I look forward to seeing my friends every day and I look forward to seeing my classmates as well. Overall Central Middle School is a good school.

Posted September 10, 2010
I understand the CMS has struggled for the past couple of years, but the administration has worked very hard to turn things around. My daughter is learning and very happy at CMS. I find the teacher's to take pride in their classrooms and provide excellent learning environments and instruction. Parent involvement is encouraged and each time I have contacted the staff, administration or teacher's I have had my concerns both heard and addressed.

Central Middle 2

Posted November 08, 2009
My daughter has been going there since 2007 for her 6th, 7th and 8th grade years. There is hardly any communication from the school. The school is lacking in budget because of the economy and the school has run out of paper many times. My daughter has done extremely well at this school because she is really smart but I do not feel like she is being challeged at all. There are many good teachers at her school but unfortunately the state does not put enough money in the school system which is most likely true across the country.

Posted March 25, 2009

Central Middle 0

Posted September 26, 2008
Central midle is a good school and has a good princapal

Central Middle 2

Posted September 15, 2008
Having 3 children who have all gone through 3 years at CMS I have to say this school is below average. All my children did well but I believe that is mostly in part to we as parents and also the kids own drive to succeed. There is a great lack of communication at CMS. Parental involvement is discouraged. I will say there are great teachers there but they are overshadowed by the ones who should seriously consider why they are teachers! Also, having 3 different principals in the few years we were there doesn't help.

Posted May 15, 2008
Having children that are graduation from Hish school this year as well as children in Central Middle School, this is by FAR the worst school we have ever had to deal with. Teachers are uneducated and the Principal and Vice Principal are difficult to talk to. There is a serious lack of proper communication and guidance at this school. I am looking into home schooling my children for 8th grade because of it all.

Posted May 14, 2008

Posted February 13, 2008
As a parent I have been very dissatisfied with central middle school. Some of the teachers are fantastic, but there is nothing to be said for the guidance counselors or the principals. Their total lack of communication I feel is showing a total lack of respect.

Posted February 12, 2008

Central Middle
362 Us Hwy 158, Gatesville, NC  27938
Last modified Central Middle is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Middle Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top