Goldsboro, NC

Posted August 19, 2015
As a current employee, I am at a loss as to why a previous teacher expressed such disdain for this school. I have been employed here for a little over three years, and it has proven to be the most spiritually rewarding job imaginable. To serve these wonderful children, to guide them to accomplish tasks and to acquire abilities that no one ever suspected them of being able to achieve, is gratifying beyond mere words. The staff and children here are truly family, and you can practically feel the love and caring within the very walls of the school.

Edgewood Community Developmental School 1

Posted March 09, 2014
I am floored by all the positive comments about ECDS. I am a current staff member who witnesses first hand the true treatment of some of the students , especially the high school quad trailer. To refrain from speaking in poor taste and to keep my job, I truly feel that the complaints received by Central Office should be taken seriously and investigated.

Posted February 05, 2014
The teachers ate great and love the children. It is a wonderful school and there should be more in NC like it.

Posted April 04, 2012
My son has been attending ECDS since he was 3 years old. He has TBI and was the first TBI student they had. ECDS school officials worked together to train and learn more about (TBI) Tramautic Brain Injury. I was told my child would never do anything on his own. But with thhelp of ECDS my child has mase SUPER progress and does alot for himself. I would recommend ECDS to any parent who has a child with a disability or learning disorder. Wish theere were more schools like the satff at ECDS. They need to go inside other schools to train teachers how to teach and stay professional.

Posted February 19, 2010
My daughter has severe language and cognitive delays (or should I say had). This school has brought her so far out of her shell. She went from 2 word sentences to 5 word sentences in 3 months. She comes home with new little songs everyday. The school is very clean, safe, and orderly. I love it.

Posted November 25, 2008
My son, who has CP and is profoundly cognitively delayed, attends Edgewood Community Development School for preschool. This is his second year and he is thriving there. In the 3 hrs he is there the teachers and therapists work hard to stimulate all his senses and help him progress. The staff is very caring and compassionate about their students. Even the teachers in the other parts of the school know my son by name. I have been very pleased with the competence of the teachers and therapists and with the adherence to the IEP.

Edgewood Community Developmental School
1601 Peachtree Street, Goldsboro, NC  27530
Last modified Edgewood Community Developmental School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edgewood Community Developmental School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top