Bad
Good

I have five years experience with GMS and couldn't be happier. One child just finished her first year on HS well prepared and will be taking AP classes as a sophomore. I have to feel this is because she was given a solid education in middle school. I have a son that will be entering 8th grade next year and I know he is getting the best as well. As far as the administration goes I can say that any problem you have Mrs. Best or Mrs. Jenkins have open door policies and if they are available they will help you. Being an involved parent I am always shocked to here that Greenwood doesn't welcome parent volunteers please come there is tons that you can do. The building is older but it is clean. As far as all of the stories I read on hear about teachers everyone should take a breath and realize that our teachers in all school are dealing with adolescents please always hear the teacher out before believing everything your child says and if your are not satisfied talk to the administration. In closing I want to say that without hesitation we have a third child that will be entering Greenwood as a fifth grader in the fall and I look forward to the next 4 years.

We are just finishing the 7th grade. It has had Many up and downs. No matter what school You choose, just try and stay involved in someway. It really does make a difference.

When I moved to SJAFB last year I was scared because I heard some things. But we were not disappointed because we went in believing for the best and got it.. My child had a great year in 6th grade. We are a dual active duty military family so we NEED to trust the school staff. My child's 3 teachers cared. Can't rate the principals because I did not have to deal with them. Thank goodness:)

My daughter is getting bullied at the school and all the teachers are doing is telling her to ignore the kids. unfortunetly there is only but so much a child can ignore. My daughter took actions into her own hands we have talked to her about how to handle things. Ever since she got into the 7th grade she went from an A student to a barely C student, her confidence has gone down and I have become worried about her. I went to the school because the kids had taken my daughters personal books and hid them. I admit I lost some of my cool and used a curse word (but not the worse one in the world and the only people around was my daughter and her teacher) and the princial walked me out like i was going to do something to the kids i would never hurt a kid things like that disgust me! My job as a parent is to protect my child, she does not feel wanted at the school. I am about to call a lawyer to see if there is anything I can do and I'm sending the board of ED an email about this school. I wish there was more I could do!

We are so happy to be OUT of this horrible school! Most of the previous posters are right on with the negative reviews. The one dated 3/28/12, however, is highly suspicious. We are quite familiar with these teachers and do not share in this praise. C mon-what 5th grader uses expressions like don t quite understand a concept ?! The rest are accurate: teachers do bully and belittle students, parents are not welcome, communication between school and home is poor. A few specific comments: Daily fights between students while teachers socialize, ineffective use of disciplinary measures in place in favor of silent lunch day after day after day, nothing for kids to do on the rare occasions they get to go outside (one ball for 100 kids on an abandoned parking lot ) I could write volumes about this school, but will try to summarize: Poor quality, and lacking, in every area, about covers it. The principal seemed proud of the dramatic decrease in enrollment between 5th and 6th grades. Gee, wonder why enrollment drops? Parents with other options get their kids out of there before any more damage is done. Please take the advice of the believable posters and find another school.

I have had the worst experenice with GMS some 7th grade teacher's are rude and say rude things to the students. (wait let me back track). I had the best experience with the 5th and 6th grade school officials at GMS. Problems started when my child entered the 7th grade. I think the prnicipal need to run her school accordingly and deal with issues and conerns that arise. My thing is everyone is talking about Bullying between other students. What about the bullying school officials are doing? I assummed a teacher is there to teach and educate the students not belittle them. So, parents please listen to your child and don't assume it's always them some school officials are GOOD at manipulating a situation to make your child the victim. Not a HAPPY parent.

I love greenwood! My teachers in 5th grade Ms. jordan,Mrs Smith and Mrs. Johnson have been very helpful when i don't quite understand a concept.

Huge lack of communication, discourage parent involvement, lack of concern for student success. If Air Force, transfer out of district or pay for private school.

If you are considering enrolling your child at Greenwood Middle School run the other way. This is the worst school my children have attended. The teachers don't give the children or parents the time of day and the administration is useless. This school does a complete disservice to SJAFB and the Goldsboro community. Our military children deserve better.

The teachers are wonderful at Greenwood and will do their best to help your child succeed. Mr. Allen and Ms. Harris are a good team. Mr. Allen is laid back and my child's grades are much better in math now. Ms. Harris is a firm and fair teacher who goes the extra mile to help the students learn and communicate with the parents. My only complaint is the textbook shortage.

Last modified Greenwood Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.