PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

The school is so small everyone was more like family and bullying honestly didn't occur when I went there.

I personally went to WCDS from 6th grade until I graduated. I now have a 4 year old who has been there only 4 months and the amount of knowledge he has gained since being here is unbelievable. He went from a daycare that didn't do much teaching and was more or less just a babysitting program. Once he got to WCDS it didn't take long for my wife and I to notice the drastic changes not only in his speech but every thing he does. I had the same headmaster that my son has and there's no doubt in the world that he is in good hands. The headmaster is without a doubt in touch with the entire school from the seniors all the way down to the 3 year olds! I would recommend this to everyone as the education is unparalleled to anything else around.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school has an Honor Code. Values education is part of the curriculum and in weekly folders home, parents can see the weekly value that is being stressed.

We started at WCDS when our two children were in 3K. Our older child in now in fifth grade and the school has wonderful. The headmaster is engaged in all levels of the school, not just the high school, and the my children's teachers have been beyond our expectations. The facilities have been upgraded and we have Promethean boards and iPad carts throughout the Lower School. Our new playground opened last year and it is great! Everyone cares about everyone and we could not be happier. The IOWA tests have come back year after year demonstrating that our Lower School is outstanding and we are so glad that we chose this school for our children. Please investigate all options in the area!. You will find no better school anywhere!

After having our oldest son at WCDS for 7 years (since 3K), we decided after a very discouraging year last year, it was time to make a change. Do not get me wrong, we adored the Early Years program here and one absolutely amazing 3rd grade teacher! The main issue with this school is the leader. While having completed many accomplishments in his years,he has absolutely no care, concern, or compassion for his Lower School program or it's parents. The academics are very subpar compared to other area private schools and some area public schools for that matter. His dedication is devoted to his Upper School program. It obviously needs to be brought to his attention that his "lower school" will eventually be his "upper school" and they will not be prepared if things do not change. I encourage everyone interested in WCDS to please explore your options, there are plenty of them. I wish I would have made this change several years ago. When you lose faith in the person who supposedly has your child's best academic interest at heart, you have nothing!

This school is amazing. I could not ask for a better learning environment for my three children. One of mine is graduating this year and was accepted into 5 outstanding, very competitive colleges. The teachers and faculty take such interest in the individual needs of each of my children. Parents are involved and there is tremendous team spirit for the athletic program. A++++!

GREAT school. Our son is in the 4k and LOVES everything about Wayne Country Day!

I have three children at WCDS, two in high school. WCDS is every bit as good as any educational option that we had in New York, except here in Goldsboro we pay a fraction of the tuition we would have paid. The administration of the school is reponsive and current in best practices, the teachers are caring and qualified, and the students are wholesome and welcoming. With a dozen AP classes and an impressive college placement record, get your children in to this school if you can. It is superb!

Last modified Wayne Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12