Goldsboro, NC
Before care: Yes

Wayne Country Day School 1

Posted September 02, 2014
After having our oldest son at WCDS for 7 years (since 3K), we decided after a very discouraging year last year, it was time to make a change. Do not get me wrong, we adored the Early Years program here and one absolutely amazing 3rd grade teacher! The main issue with this school is the leader. While having completed many accomplishments in his years,he has absolutely no care, concern, or compassion for his Lower School program or it's parents. The academics are very subpar compared to other area private schools and some area public schools for that matter. His dedication is devoted to his Upper School program. It obviously needs to be brought to his attention that his "lower school" will eventually be his "upper school" and they will not be prepared if things do not change. I encourage everyone interested in WCDS to please explore your options, there are plenty of them. I wish I would have made this change several years ago. When you lose faith in the person who supposedly has your child's best academic interest at heart, you have nothing!

Posted April 29, 2012
This school is amazing. I could not ask for a better learning environment for my three children. One of mine is graduating this year and was accepted into 5 outstanding, very competitive colleges. The teachers and faculty take such interest in the individual needs of each of my children. Parents are involved and there is tremendous team spirit for the athletic program. A++++!

Posted January 19, 2009
GREAT school. Our son is in the 4k and LOVES everything about Wayne Country Day!

Wayne Country Day School 0

Posted November 23, 2007
I have three children at WCDS, two in high school. WCDS is every bit as good as any educational option that we had in New York, except here in Goldsboro we pay a fraction of the tuition we would have paid. The administration of the school is reponsive and current in best practices, the teachers are caring and qualified, and the students are wholesome and welcoming. With a dozen AP classes and an impressive college placement record, get your children in to this school if you can. It is superb!

Posted March 03, 2004
I teach at this school and have a child enrolled. It is truly a gem of a school! People cannot possibly understand the close family feeling and sense of security w/o being there to witness it. Academic growth and opportunities abound...this is the place for your child to learn to think and be involved in the real world!

Posted February 23, 2004
- a former student
Excellent school. I am an graduate of this school, and now my daughter attends as well. WCDS is very much a part of our lives. The educational standards are superb, and the faculty treat the students fairly.

Posted January 03, 2004
A parent cannot go wrong with this school! My son went there while stationed in NC and we miss the high standards and quality of the education they provided. What a great school for those wanting a better education and a close nit environment. 100% of the graduating students went on to college. 1st-5th grade learn Spanish, 6th-12th learn French. I highly recommend this school over any school in the area!

Posted August 14, 2003
This is a wonderful school! Each child feels like they belong and are a part of the team. No child is teased since being kind is a very cool attribute to have in this close knit environment. Our daughter loves going and couldn't wait for summer to end. She is 13 and in the 8th grade. All the teachers are highly qualified and classes seem interesting. A++++

Wayne Country Day School
480 Country Day Road, Goldsboro, NC  27530
Last modified Wayne Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Wayne Country Day School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top