Posted July 02, 2013
I am on this site because we are moving and I'm looking for a school that can be as close to what Wayne Christian has been for our family for the past 5 years. In my experience, the teachers work hard and they are gentle but firm. I attribute my child's love for reading to his first grade teacher. There was 100% parental attendance on my son's 4th grade field trip! The principal has a love for children and handles problems in a manner that, I believe, would be pleasing to God. A child and his parents' in my son's class commute an hour, from Raleigh, to come to Wayne Christian. The music teacher is amazing and runs a strong program. There are many sports offered and they really focus on Christ-like character. Fall Festival, Math Olympics, Field Day, Bake Sales, Art Show, Reading Competitions, Science Fair, it's very active!

Posted February 13, 2013
Both of my children have attended school at Wayne Christian. The school is beyond excellent. My daughter entered college and found that she was so very far ahead of her peers. She was a straight A student in high school and continues so in college. Her professors continue to utlize her as an example of good work with other students. My son is on the same track. It is hard work at WCS but you get out of it what you put in. WCS has consistently the highest overall SAT scores in Wayne County. One recent graduate just graduated from NC State as their valivictorian. Best of all the students get a great Christian education. They are challenged to pursue Christ and gain a deep knowledge of the Bible. I am very pleased with my children's spiritual growth. Like all Christian schools you have a mixed bag of students. Many are there because of the Christian education, others are there because they feel that the school can help with their troubled children. I would not trade our experience at WCS for anything. Superb academics coupled with Christian reinforcement makes the school the best Wayne County has to offer.

Posted September 24, 2012
While I don't agree that this school is 'more challenging than public school' I do feel that the school fosters a learning environment that you cannot get in a public school setting. I work in the public schools, but sent my children to WCS and must say, it's a fantastic place...I don't worry about them when they are there...and feel they are exposed to the gospel and are genuinely cared for and loved. It's a wonderfully nurturing place and the educational standards are in line with what the state requires for the public schools, but thankfully, they can bring God into the everyday activities of the school.

Posted August 28, 2011
My three children graduated from WCS and now my grandchildren attend. WCS is a very nuturing environment. This school and staff maintain a very high scholastic standard. My children had no problems at all in getting into college and were well prepared. I realize that while Christian education is not for everyone, my children thrived there while WCS supported our values and what they were taught in our home. You will never find a school that is perfect and Wayne Christian does not pretend to be so. We are very satisfied with WCS.

Wayne Christian School 3

Posted April 02, 2011
Wayne Christian has been a mixed bag for our kids. They have attended 5-7 grades for our youngest and 8-10 grade for our oldest. The biggest issue we have had is what can best be described as "bullying" by other students to those new/not from the area. I had hoped that a Christian school may be be a little different than a public school in this regard but we've been disappointed. In fact, I think that public schools have a leg up on WCS with their anti-bullying programs. It seems that the school doesn't even want to acknowledge that bullying is an issue. I know that adolescent and teen students are at a difficult age, but would like to have a little more support from the teachers/staff. The other issue I've had is that they school doesn't send graded tests/quizzes home b/c they use the same curriculum year after year and they are concerned with students cheating. It is absurd to me that the staff is more concerned with students using graded material to help younger students cheat, than with the parents being able to look over the material and know what areas their kids are struggling in. I have never had to ask for graded tests to come home for our review.

Posted October 27, 2010
Wayne Christian School (and the principal, Kathy Sanders) was a godsend for our family. This is my daughter's second year attending this school and she is excelling. We are a military family so she is always the "new kid." She adjusted extremely well at this school. Additionally, the teacher's worked with us to finally determine the cause of her inattentiveness (and it wasn't ADHD)! We were able to get the proper medical treatment and now she is just thriving. My only regret is that we can't stay in Goldsboro so she can complete her education at this wonderful school!

Wayne Christian School 4

Posted November 19, 2009
I am a graduate of Wayne Christian school and will be graduating from college in May. Wayne Christian School has a vrey challenging curriculum that prepared me for my journey through college. It wasn't hard for me to transition into college work during my freshman year because the work seemed to be on the same level as my work at Wayne Christian.

Wayne Christian School 0

Posted September 15, 2009
I have two children in this school and this is their 3rd year. The atmosphere is wonderful. I feel that my children are truly cared for. Academically the school is much more chanllenging than the public school here. I highly recommend this school to anyone who is interested in a high quality education in a loving, christian atmosphere.

Posted December 06, 2007
Excellent learining environment and the teachers and faculty are wonderful to facilitate needs of the family and the children.

Wayne Christian School 0

Posted November 26, 2007
This is a great school all around - wonderful education as well as atmosphere. I wouldn't want my children anywhere else.

Contact Information

1201 Patetown Road
Goldsboro, NC 27530

Wayne Christian School
1201 Patetown Road, Goldsboro, NC  27530
Last modified Wayne Christian School is a private school that serves grades PK-12
Wayne Christian School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.