South Graham Elementary 4

Posted August 09, 2013
I don't know what this last reviewer is talking about! My 3 kids have gone to this school for the last 5 years + Kindergarden and we love it! We love the teachers & the principal. She has shown us nothing but love and understanding. She always hugs me when I see her and knows every child by their first name. Is it over crowded? Yes. Does it need an update? Yes does it smell a little funky? Yep but the school is old, a bunch of kids are there yea it's going to smell bad. Funding for schools & teachers is at a terrible low right now. I don't think it's the school or principal's fault that there's not proper funding to build a new school or make major updates. Sometimes you have to work with what you have. I think the teachers are great there are about a handful I could do without but I think that's anywhere.

South Graham Elementary 1

Posted April 11, 2013
This is the worst school ever. The principal and the office staff are cold to the parents and children. I am a teacher and the staff act as though they have something to hide. They don't want the parents to drop off or come to pick up. The school looks run down and has a terrible smell. It needs to be updated starting with the principal. She is horrible. She doesn't speak and is very ugly when you do have to talk to her. Sitting in the car line for 45 min. each day to wait for my children is ridiculous. The children are there if it is cold or hot and they get in trouble if they talk or play. This school need a change and it has to start with the management.

South Graham Elementary 2

Posted February 20, 2013
This school USED to have fantastic character education, USED to have satisfied teachers and there used to be a family atmosphere among the staff and that in turn was reflected in an ideal learning atmosphere. Then something changed with administration. Parent involvement drastically dropped and the heart of the school went cold. Important PTO meeting called, only 3 parents show up.

Posted March 24, 2011
Research based instruction at its best! This school is simply amazing. With outstanding teachers, high commitment to individualized instruction, and excellent support staff, it just doesn't get better than this. The school has strong specialists in Reading, Art, English for Speakers of Other Languages, and Exceptional Children. Parental involvement is high.

Posted November 29, 2010
This is a truly remarkable school. The level of parental involvement is high; the teachers are committed; and the school operates with a clear commitment to the success of every student.

Posted November 29, 2007
This is a truly amazing school. I am a teacher, and I have never seen an educational community so committed to the success of every child. The children are wonderfully diverse and mutually supportive. The programs for Exceptional Children, ESOL, and AIG are outstanding.

South Graham Elementary
320 Ivey Road, Graham, NC  27253
Last modified South Graham Elementary is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Graham Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top