Public charter
Graham, NC

River Mill Academy 2

Posted April 17, 2014
They can do better with communication. Also, the school could let the kids do things to enjoy the holidays. I am 100% for education, but they are still kids. Why not let them have an Easter Egg Hunt, or a party at Christmas. Make up a creative reason to dress up for Halloween. Let them enjoy some of the childhood.

Posted March 27, 2014
Great communication! Your couldn't ask for better teachers. This school seems well put together. I'm so excited for many years to come at this school!

Posted August 06, 2012
My daughter has been at RMA since Kindergarten and I have been very pleased with our experience. Her reading difficulties have been addressed and continue to be addressed and we are kept informed of her progress Teachers take a person interest in thier students as does the adminstration I had a child in the other schools here in Graham and was greatly disappointed not only in the teaching but leadership as well . I tell everyone I meet with school age childern that RMA is the best choice for education Lori Barlow parent

River Mill Academy 4

Posted August 06, 2010
We have been blessed to be a part of River Mill Academy for 9 years. As with any organization, there have been ups and downs. Regardless, we have always been able to count on solid teaching, attainable future goals and a safe environment. We truly believe that our children would not have received a better education in traditional public schools. Right decisions are always right when direct participation and discussion is involved. Taking for granted that things are always as they appear leads to misunderstanding and misinterpretation. Get involved without gossip and truly be an example to your children and the other students. They learn from you as much as they learn from the teachers.

River Mill Academy 0

Posted May 10, 2010
We may have not made the right decision.... 1/3 of our fourth graders class failed EOG testing and 1/4 of our 5th graders class failed EOGs.

Posted September 02, 2008
We have 2 children at River Mill academy. We have been very pleased with the environment, staff and learning experience at River Mill. I am proud to say that my children attend RMA. It is a well respected school in the community. We haven't experienced typical public schools, but I constantly hear from other parents that the environment at RMA is much safer and lends itself to learning much better than public schools. Robyn Myers

River Mill Academy 2

Posted April 15, 2008
This school has many secrets that are kept hidden. All the drama and who-did-what does not provide a good learning environment

River Mill Academy 0

Posted February 18, 2008
I am a mother of 6. My children are happy, well educated, safe and they feel the teachers and staff really care about them. They are always available for questions from me and my children. My family and I are very proud to be part of the River Mill family. Erik and Sherri Hendrix,parents

Posted March 04, 2004
My children and I are a really pleased to be part of the RMA family in Graham N.C. I feel this is one of the best schools in our area, and I am very proud to let people know this is where my children recieve an excellent education!!

Posted January 31, 2004
River Mill provides a safe and constructive learning enviroment for all students. They offer a wide range of activities for students K-12 including recreational teams for the youngest students. My child has benefited greatly from the smaller class sizes, highly qualified quality teachers and 'family like' atmosphere.

River Mill Academy
1242 South Main Street, Graham, NC  27253
Last modified River Mill Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River Mill Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top