Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

River Mill Academy 1

Posted April 28, 2016
A lot of things are hidden at this school to make appearances seem good to the public. While claiming to have zero tolerance for bullying, I was informed by the principal that Rivermill is a school of choice and my child didn't have to go there when I approached him about a bullying issue with my child. A very poor response from an adult that is considered to be a mentor for our children. Many other issues have been left unaccounted for and ignored.

River Mill Academy 3

Posted November 22, 2015
I have a 3rd grader at this school, this is our 2nd year. The teacher we had last year was so bad, I considered pulling him out and never looking back. She should not be teaching children or anyone for that matter!!! This year, we have a much better teacher. I'm glad we stayed, but the experience has left me with strong feelings of dislike for the school as a whole. It was a little more than just having a "bad teacher". I feel better about this year, he's already making great progress. I hope Rivermill grows on me!

Posted April 19, 2015
I have 4 children who have attended River Mill Academy and I have been very pleased with the education that they have received. River Mill promotes a safe and nurturing learning environment. I feel that my children who have graduated from River Mill Academy have been well prepared for college. The school utilizes various means of communication with parents and the community through the school website, individual teacher websites, e-newsletters, and a phone call system.

Posted April 18, 2015
River Mill Academy is an excellent college prep school. The teachers and staff care about the students and want them to succeed while providing a safe learning environment. I highly recommend RMA to parents searching for a college prep education for their child or alternative to the local public schools.

River Mill Academy 2

Posted April 17, 2014
They can do better with communication. Also, the school could let the kids do things to enjoy the holidays. I am 100% for education, but they are still kids. Why not let them have an Easter Egg Hunt, or a party at Christmas. Make up a creative reason to dress up for Halloween. Let them enjoy some of the childhood.

Posted March 27, 2014
Great communication! Your couldn't ask for better teachers. This school seems well put together. I'm so excited for many years to come at this school!

Posted August 06, 2012
My daughter has been at RMA since Kindergarten and I have been very pleased with our experience. Her reading difficulties have been addressed and continue to be addressed and we are kept informed of her progress Teachers take a person interest in thier students as does the adminstration I had a child in the other schools here in Graham and was greatly disappointed not only in the teaching but leadership as well . I tell everyone I meet with school age childern that RMA is the best choice for education Lori Barlow parent

River Mill Academy 4

Posted August 06, 2010
We have been blessed to be a part of River Mill Academy for 9 years. As with any organization, there have been ups and downs. Regardless, we have always been able to count on solid teaching, attainable future goals and a safe environment. We truly believe that our children would not have received a better education in traditional public schools. Right decisions are always right when direct participation and discussion is involved. Taking for granted that things are always as they appear leads to misunderstanding and misinterpretation. Get involved without gossip and truly be an example to your children and the other students. They learn from you as much as they learn from the teachers.

River Mill Academy

Posted May 10, 2010
We may have not made the right decision.... 1/3 of our fourth graders class failed EOG testing and 1/4 of our 5th graders class failed EOGs.

Posted September 02, 2008
We have 2 children at River Mill academy. We have been very pleased with the environment, staff and learning experience at River Mill. I am proud to say that my children attend RMA. It is a well respected school in the community. We haven't experienced typical public schools, but I constantly hear from other parents that the environment at RMA is much safer and lends itself to learning much better than public schools. Robyn Myers

River Mill Academy
1242 South Main St, Graham, NC  27253
Last modified River Mill Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.