Granite Quarry Elementary School 4

Posted March 25, 2014
As of right now all schools are under the Common Core Curriculum. I love GQES but if something doesn't change soon I will have to put my daughter in a Christian School or find a way to home school her. If you are seeing negative changes with your child's behavior and are sick of trying to figure out their homework then please do some research on Common Core!!!!!

Granite Quarry Elementary School 5

Posted March 25, 2014
My son went to gqes for per k aind it was a great experience! He then had to go to kindergarten at Rockwell elementary and that was a horrible experience! Now 2 yes ba k at gqes and he ex cells in class, enjoys school and his teachers.at gqes you can't tell when you pull up in the car rider line that they care. It has been great for my son to return to gqes. And they do reprimand and control bullying very well there. So glad my son has returned to gqes!

Posted March 22, 2014
I have been very dissatisfied with this school. My son is finishing his 2nd year in attendance and it's been a nightmare. I have had teachers flat out lie to me (including the principal). Overall I have a strong dislike for everything relating to this school. They do not put the needs of the child first. My child is severely behind and they refuse him any additional help each year, but then suggest I hold him back. They will do anything or say anything to get you off their back but they do not ever follow thru or attempt to truly help the parents/students. They will also tell you that transfer requests are not allowed. Which is a lie. If your child attends this school I would strongly suggest you request a transfer or home school. (my child is finishing the year then not going back) Anything is better than sending them there. They also have a high rate of bullying, although you would never know it from speaking to them. Teachers are hit or miss. Some of them try but with class size can't handle so much. Some of them are awful and when you file any type of complaint they will back the teacher 100% and completely dismiss your opinion.

Posted January 03, 2013
I went to Granite Quarry Elementary school 25 years ago and it was a great school then. When my kids started at Granite 9 years ago the teachers and principals were great. Now I have 2 sons that are there and the principals are horrible. Alot of good teachers have left. The school has a major bullying problem. My son was bullied on the bus and it became a legal problem. After that they started putting up tons of Anti-Bullying posters. Still didn't fix the problems. They are only worried about the test scores. I understand that school is about learning but they have to get children a chance to be children too. Shoving books down their throats isn't going to make them want to read. They are always giving away Wiis, Ipads, or Ipods and then they beg for pencils. Seems that they could spend the money that the school has more responsibly. Their fundraisers are ridiculous with $16 cookie dough when it has been brought to their attention multiple times that people can not afford that stuff and they should do things like $1 candy bars. Their biggest fund raiser has always been the Halloween carnival but that has been cut down to just about nothing now.

Posted January 02, 2013
THIS SCHOOL HAS A MAJOR BULLYING PROBLEM! DON'T LET THEIR LITTLE CHARADE FOOL YOU! THEY ARE DOING EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO HIDE WHAT REALLY GOES ON. THEY NEED TO STOP ONLY WORRYING ABOUT TEST SCORES AND START TEACHING THESE KIDS HOW TO BE DECENT, KIND PEOPLE. IF YOUR CHILD HAS ANY KIND OF LEARNING DISABILITY, GRANITE QUARRY IS NOT ABLE TO DEAL WITH IT. THEY HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO TEACH A LEARNING DISABLED CHILD. BUT THEN GET UPSET WITH THE CHILD BECAUSE HE/SHE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT TO DO. THIS SCHOOL IS TERRIBLE.

Granite Quarry Elementary School 0

Posted April 09, 2010
We have been involved with GQE for 6 years and boy has it changed. Yes they did well last year finally on there progress report for the school but at what cost. Several very good teachers have been ran off from the school. I fear the school will fall back again with the present leadership.

Granite Quarry Elementary School 0

Posted May 29, 2009
We moved to this area just over a year ago, Granite Quarry has made some wonderful strides to improve all things. Technology, resources, all of it has been great for our kids.

Granite Quarry Elementary School
118 South Walnut St, Granite Quarry, NC  28072
Last modified Granite Quarry Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Granite Quarry Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.