Posted August 17, 2014
My children first began attending Vandalia Christian School in 2001. Two have graduated, and youngest is now in 7th grade, having been at VCS since she was a three-year-old in the K3 program there. My older children had no problems being accepted at the university of their choice, and because of the college-prep work that VCS provides, they were well-equipped for collegiate-level study. One negative review on this site commented that the school is "expensive". This is one of the most economical private schools in the Triad; the school board works hard to keep tuition as low as possible, so that as many families as possible will be able to enroll their children there. The school administrators run the school efficiently. It *is* a private school, not subsidized by state funding, so the tuition and fees are what keeps the school running. The fundraisers are optional, but parents are encouraged to participate if they can. I have no problem with that. My plan is to keep my daughter at Vandalia Christian until she graduates from high school. I will be proud to say that I am the parent of three VCS graduates!

Posted March 11, 2014
I have two children currently attending Vandalia Christian School that have been there since 2008. The staff , curriculum , activities and the school itself are all wonderful! The classes are larger than expected but little to no behavior problems in classroom. HW is reasonable and there is none on Wed. night. My children have excelled academically, spiritually and personally. They LOVE schoool, the staff and the BIBLE BASED curriculum. They are open to "new" experiences, communicate ideas intelligently and have a global view of the world around them. As teens they are very positive and accepting of others who may learn differently. My children are groomed to be "world changers" and leaders. They are Afro-American students who have been embraced as humans. Parent involvement is expected and encouraged, the school embraces the "village" concept -"it take a village to rear children"

Vandalia Christian School 1

Posted August 01, 2013
This school was a huge disappointment. They treat children as if they are all the same. My child is hearing impaired and the teacher refused to use the fm transmitter. As well felt her hearing was selective. My child has 80% hearing loss in both ears. I was told that if she had more spankings she would be a better child! She was punished every day. We tried to work with them, but finally realized they were damaging our child. The education is great and I am sad to say the attitude of the administrator is destroying the school.

Vandalia Christian School 4

Posted July 26, 2013
My child went to Vandalia Christian school for 2 years and we loved it. I lost my job and we had to move back to Ga. We felt safe and secure at the school and my child is African American!

Posted March 12, 2013
My daughter attends Vandalia Christian school for three years (4th grade). We definitely plan to stay. I am very happy with education my child receives and with Christian atmosphere of the school. It feels like a family where people really care. Vandalia has very strong music program. My daughter plays clarinet in a band and takes piano lessons. Every day she goes to school with joy and excitement. Children are nice and were very welcoming when my child came to Vandalia for the first time. She loves all her teachers. I also noticed how much her character changed for better since she started in Vandalia. She is less shy and more willing and excited to try new things. She learned to try harder and not give up when something doesn't work right away. I just can not ask for more. The only suggestion on my part would be to make class sizes smaller.

Vandalia Christian School 1

Posted September 16, 2011
This is not what I expected from a christian school. They are not kind, compassionate, or tenderhearted. They make the children feel guilt and ashamed. They are very expensive with costs for everything. They also expect you to participate in funraisers. Things that are required have an additional fee. Just because a person can keep forking out money they are not a better christain or parent. They can not tell me how to raise my children. I am the parent, they can not take control. They need to restudy the virtues in the bible and model their school after that. I removed my children from their school. beware.

Vandalia Christian School 0

Posted October 05, 2009
I love everything about Vandalia. The care and love from the teachers. The dedication of all the staff. The feeling that my child is safe. The curriculum.

Vandalia Christian School 3

Posted February 20, 2009
I have a child in VCS. I love the school, the sprituality and the safe feeling I get when I leave my child. What I dislike is the lack of extracurricular activities and diversity among staff. I would like to see teachers of different ethnicities, in addition I would like to see other ethnicities and countries being celebrated.

Posted April 14, 2008

Posted July 04, 2006
I have two children who have been attending Vandalia Christian School for six years now and am very pleased with the school. While no school is perfect, Vandalia strives to honor God in all they do and to give students a well-rounded education deeply entrenched in Biblical values. My children have grown academically, athletically, and spiritually and it is due in large part to the loving leadership of the staff and faculty. I am very thankful for this school and would heartily recommend it to anyone who is interested in seeking a faith-based education for their child.

Vandalia Christian School
3919 Pleasant Garden Road, Greensboro, NC  27406
Last modified Vandalia Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Vandalia Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top