PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)

Posted September 30, 2015
I am so grateful that I found NGFS! I truly love how this school focuses on the whole child rather than just test results. They have a social curriculum unlike any other. They recognize and celebrate each child's unique gifts. The teachers regularly communicate to me and are always available if I have any questions or concerns. My children love going to school. They think learning is fun!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted September 04, 2015
the community service time and community involvement has taught my children so much about how to be emphatic and helpful.

Posted September 04, 2015
this school has shaped my children into smart, creative, conscientious citizens of the world. the academics are stellar, but the social curriculum is what make ngfs stand out. ngfs is experiential learning at its best!

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted August 27, 2015
Leadership issue .Leadership need changing at the school. School needs to live up to vision statement. There's are so many parents that agree with me.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted August 27, 2015
My child experienced bullying. Enough said!Leadership need changing at the school. School needs to live up to vision statement. There's are so many parents that agree with me.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted June 22, 2014
My daughter is a rising 10th grader and she has been a part of the ngfs community since kindergarten. The education and whole child development that my child has received is priceless! She has grown into a remarkable young lady, this in large part is due to the nurturing environment that ngfs provides .

Posted December 16, 2013
This is my son's first year at NGFS Upper division and he has felt at home from day one! He is challenged and respected by all of his teachers. He also values the diversity and inclusiveness of the school. My son has a health related learning disability and the staff were all very interested in understanding and accommodating his potential issues if necessary. Our family would highly recommend NGFS!

Posted December 13, 2013
New Garden Friends School does care about all families regardless of wealth. They offer a substantial amount of help to various families but there is alway family sacrifice, I know we have to figure it out every year. Attending an independent school is a huge commitment and it can be very hard, and very painful when we realize it is time to move along. If I have to make that choice one year I hope I do not try to share sour grapes as I leave. The teachers are committed, caring and the reason we stay. We love NGFS.

New Garden Friends School 1

Posted December 06, 2013
Unfortunately this school care much more about their perception than the actual children that attend. The lack of leadership at this school is abundant and clear. While the concept is great in theory, it lacks the basic progression for the average student and focuses more importance on the children of the very wealthy (donors). Theories don't teach children, teachers due and unfortunately the weakness at NGFS is in the teaching and staff member involvement.

1128 New Garden Road, Greensboro, NC  27410
Last modified New Garden Friends School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12