Posted November 20, 2013
The teachers and staff are wonderful, they make your child feel special while fully preparing your child for college.

Posted November 04, 2013
I have worked in private college-prep high schools for the past fourteen years. However, I've never worked in a school that prepares students for college as well as Caldwell Academy. The classical approach to education is outstanding! The school is headed by an outstanding administration team, involved school board, and dedicated teachers that willing spend time mentoring students. Truly an unbelievable school!!!

Posted November 01, 2013
We came from a public school background and had to work very hard to get up to speed of Caldwell. Our children were straight A students in public school and had to work HARD to make C's; however, upon graduation, I can honestly say that they were fully prepared for college. More importantly, however, they were prepared spiritually and were challenged to be great human beings. While no place is absolutely perfect, we have found this school to be full of grace, patience, and love. As with everything in life, you do get out of it what you put in. This is truly the best money we have ever spent and cannot recommend it highly enough.

Posted March 12, 2013
My Son recently transferred from a public school to Caldwell Academy. His performance and engagement in public school was mediocre at best. Public school teachers seemed to have their motivation and energy stripped away by federal and local policies that required more emphasis on standard testing results than encouraging students to perform to the best of their ability. In the last year I have witnessed my son grow intellectualy, emotionally, and spiritually which is directly related to the level of care and leadership demonstrated by the teachers and administrators. I have enjoyed watching my son grow due to an exceptional learning environment provided by the all of the adults present at the school. The students at Caldwell are not only learning how to think for themselves but are also learning to be upstanding people in our society. I was apprehensive in the beginning to send my child to what could be perceived an affluent and priviledged institution. This has been a pleasant surprise, the best decision as a parent for my son. I am proud of my son's accomplishments and would encourage others to take a very good look at how well your child will be prepared for their lives.

Posted March 06, 2013
I am a recent graduate of Caldwell Academy. As I entered the college setting I have grown to appreciate more and more the education I got at this school. I was nervous about going to college and wondered if I would be on par with students who went to public school and took all the AP classes. Sitting in my classes now I feel prepared for the material presented and have a basis for the new material I am learning. The curriculum at Caldwell is challenging and taught me to think. Learning how to reason and develop an argument are the foundational principles that I learned in all my classes along with the other material. The fifty other people I graduated with feel like my brothers and sisters and I am so thankful I got the opportunity to grow up along side them. I still call them my best friends. I loved that my teachers knew me and cared about what was going on in my life and not just in my academics. I know Caldwell will not be the best fit for every student but I loved it and would not have changed my education for anything.

Posted December 04, 2012
We have been parents at the school for 14 years. My oldest daughter graduated last year and was completely ready for college, both academically and emotionally. Comments from her about her college classes have been "I am so glad I learned to think and write in high school." The school is challenging but not to the detriment of students being able to participate in outside interests. Kids are learning so much more about life than just information. The teachers and staff invest in their lives and give them opportunities to work out and own their faith.

Posted December 04, 2012
I am a student at Caldwell and have been for twelve years. I would not want to be anywhere else. I will be a senior next year and will have to make the difficult decision of choosing a college. Caldwell Academy has taught me to look to Christ for guidance in all areas of my life and I feel confident that when the time comes, I will choose the right college because of what Caldwell has taught me. The teachers here give so much of their time to mentor students and to form personal relationships with each of them. I do not want to think of where I would be if I had not been blessed with the education Caldwell has given me. I'm so proud to be graduating from this school next year.

Posted December 03, 2012
This is an amazing school! My children have been here since the oldest entered kindergarten in 2001. I cannot imagine a more loving environment or a better education. My two oldest are now in high school, and I can see the obvious fruits of a classical education at Caldwell Academy: their speaking and writing skills are outstanding; they have an appreciation for classic literature; they enjoy and can intelligently engage in great conversation; and they can distinguish between that which is true, good, and beautiful as opposed to what the culture offers them as a shadowy substitute. Through all our years at the school, we have experienced the sincere love and concern of faculty members who care about more than test scores; they care about the virtue and wisdom of my children. What more could a parent want?

Caldwell Academy 2

Posted May 17, 2012
We have been at Caldwell for several years. There are many things I do love about the the school, but as of this year more that worries me. The Staff does not handle problems in a Godly manner. Much favortism is shown at this school and not much is done about bullying. I have been very disappointed this year and am not sure how much longer we will be here, along with many others

Caldwell Academy 1

Posted December 10, 2011
When we started this school it was a wonderful school. Over time adminstration changed and over the next few years the school started to become a "Money" business instead of a school that cared. My child didn't get the education we paid for. When they went to College, they had to take basic classes to get them to college level. My children hated Caldwell because the student were VERY mean, not showing God love and grace. They came home crying a lot, because the kids were mean. One of my children was touch by some boys in places that you should not be touched, and they also said horrible things to them, several times during class and teacher ignore the behavior. If you work for the school or you're on the broad your kid can get away with just about anything... School Not Worth Paying for... my kids have gotten a lot education from public school.

Contact Information

2900 Horse Pen Creek Rd
Greensboro, NC 27410

School website

Caldwell Academy
2900 Horse Pen Creek Rd, Greensboro, NC  27410
Last modified Caldwell Academy is a private school that serves grades PK-12
Caldwell Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 34 reviews.