Public charter
Greensboro, NC

Posted November 13, 2014
GA has been a great school for my kids! Provides a safe environment and my kids are excelling academically. Test scores rank higher than other local schools. Teachers are easy to talk to and email back promptly. Kids are not allowed to fall between the cracks.

Greensboro Academy 1

Posted November 07, 2014
This school was a tragic experience for my children, the first years had been great w/ a remarkable learning experience and great disoplin. However soon to come the school rankings had dropped tremendously. W/ my kids coming home daily crying because of bullying and especially favoritism through, the children who give money to the school, race (which the school is no where near diverse what so ever!!! I would worry about how your kids would feel their and to be honest I don't see what the diffrence is between that school and public school. I'd actually say the public schools are better. My children now attend public school and have enjoyed every second. If I could give no star for this school I surly would!!

Posted July 18, 2013
Greensboro Academy is by far the best school in Greensboro. As a parent, I feel like I am always welcome and often invited to be a part of my child's education. The office staff is beyond excellent. Parents and students just love them. GA's approach to teaching and curriculum is beyond words. My children have thrived at this school and my questions, concerns and suggestions are always addressed. Our PTO goes over and above and I am thankful for them and the dedicated parents that volunteer so much of their time to be sure our school stays number one.

Greensboro Academy 1

Posted September 26, 2012
If you want your 6 year old to run because they do not have a tucked in shirt then this is the school for you. They believe that a child blurting out is punishable by laps around the playground during recess. While this is hard to believe in the age of bullying awareness, I guess a child can only be humiliated by the school. As you can tell, we left once we became aware of it. The teachers are good, it is sad the administration supports this POLICY. Shocking.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 16, 2012
Greensboro Academy is the best school in Greensboro. I am thankful everyday that we were lucky enough to have our children attend this school. The teachers are wonderful. Great curriculum and the parent involvement can not be beat.

Posted January 29, 2011
Academic excellence - a safe, nurturing environment to accelerate our son's education. He has attended for three years now and the results speak for themselves. You could not find a finer institution, public or private, to send your own child.

Posted April 26, 2010

Posted April 19, 2010

Posted September 25, 2008
We love Greensboro Academy! I am so thankful every day that we have this alternative to our neighborhood schools. We have 3 children in GA spanning from elementary to middle school and are working on our 5th year. The parental involvement is unbeatable and contributes to the overall family-like environment. I love being a volunteer! My children are challenged acadmically, encouraged to be their best, and will leave the school leaps and bounds ahead of their peers from other schools. The staff is wonderful - so loving and helpful to the kids and parents. The teachers truly love teaching and make the kids feel excited to learn. I am so thankful for our GA experience!

Greensboro Academy 4

Posted July 16, 2008
I am a former student at G,A and went through 9 yrs at that school and I think it is one of the best schools around, it provides great education and enviroment.

Greensboro Academy
4049 Battleground Avenue, Greensboro, NC  27410
Last modified Greensboro Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greensboro Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top