Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

The school is noisy and disorganized. Students are unsupervised and the school has poorly trained staff.

My child's teacher left halfway through the year. The teacher who replaced her had very poor classroom management skills and yelled at the students. She focused on the end of the year testing and not on teaching the students new skills. Also, there is bullying that occurs at the school and this is not dealt with appropriately by the administration.

There is so much unfairness in this school with regards to students assignment to teachers. No transparency at all! They pick and choose which students get assigned to the good teachers. If they don't like you they push your child over to the worst teacher. This happened to my daughter who was an above average student in kindergarten and first grade. Moving to second grade she was placed in a class that had a horrible teacher (who was transferred to this school from another) and because of this my daughter has really relapsed in her reading and math. I made several attempts to meet with the principal for explanation but she refused to grant me a meeting, instead giving false promises to contact me "soon".

We moved to Greensboro from Minneapolis in August and were looking for a school for our 2nd and 5th grader that was on par with their previous school which was rated a 9. Although Jefferson in rated a 6 we are extremely happy with our choice! We feel that both girls are challenged with the school work they are given and they have excelled. We love how diverse the school is and everyone is very friendly and helpful. Our girls have made lots of new friends and really like their teachers.

Jefferson Elementary is an outstanding school with top rate teachers and staff. My oldest son went through all grades at Jefferson and I currently have 2 more children attending there. I could not be prouder to have my children at Jefferson Elementary. The PTA is amazing there as well. I really cannot say enough good remarks about the teachers and staff at Jefferson. I wish I could rate them with 10 stars, they deserve it.

I am a parent, media assistant and PTA President at Jefferson. We have a faboulous staff and dedicated, involved parents that strive for excellence from and for our children. Education is the formost priority for all who serve here, all the way from the principal to the the teachers to the PTA parents. We welcome all to our school with open arms. I highly recommend Jefferson Elementary School, Greensboro, NC.

I turned down 2 spots in the local charter school to stay at Jefferson. That should speak volumes as to how much our family loves the teachers and administration here. It was a difficult decision but Jefferson is like our home. Our 1st and 2nd grader loves this school and we all love the staff and the direction that the principal is taking the school. We are staying in our neighborhood school. We believe in public education and the people providing it.

We love this school. My kids are so happy here. I couldn't imagine sending them anywhere else.

We are grateful for our new principal. She is doing a fantastic job bringing up the moral of the teachers and implementing new reading programs for all grade levels. Both my children love it here and are thriving both academically and socially.

This is such a great school. Not only are the teachers hard working and caring but the parents are involved on so many levels. There are always activities happening from fundraising to clubs to family actitivies that it is easy to be involved with your children's school no matter how busy you are. My kids really enjoyed this school.

Last modified Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.