Greensboro, NC

Posted October 04, 2013
Jefferson Elementary is an outstanding school with top rate teachers and staff. My oldest son went through all grades at Jefferson and I currently have 2 more children attending there. I could not be prouder to have my children at Jefferson Elementary. The PTA is amazing there as well. I really cannot say enough good remarks about the teachers and staff at Jefferson. I wish I could rate them with 10 stars, they deserve it.

Posted October 03, 2013
I am a parent, media assistant and PTA President at Jefferson. We have a faboulous staff and dedicated, involved parents that strive for excellence from and for our children. Education is the formost priority for all who serve here, all the way from the principal to the the teachers to the PTA parents. We welcome all to our school with open arms. I highly recommend Jefferson Elementary School, Greensboro, NC.

Posted August 19, 2013
I turned down 2 spots in the local charter school to stay at Jefferson. That should speak volumes as to how much our family loves the teachers and administration here. It was a difficult decision but Jefferson is like our home. Our 1st and 2nd grader loves this school and we all love the staff and the direction that the principal is taking the school. We are staying in our neighborhood school. We believe in public education and the people providing it.

Posted August 16, 2013
We love this school. My kids are so happy here. I couldn't imagine sending them anywhere else.

Posted January 29, 2012
We are grateful for our new principal. She is doing a fantastic job bringing up the moral of the teachers and implementing new reading programs for all grade levels. Both my children love it here and are thriving both academically and socially.

Posted August 12, 2011
This is such a great school. Not only are the teachers hard working and caring but the parents are involved on so many levels. There are always activities happening from fundraising to clubs to family actitivies that it is easy to be involved with your children's school no matter how busy you are. My kids really enjoyed this school.

Jefferson Elementary School 3

Posted November 16, 2010
Jefferson is a good school, however, the teachers do not follow the IEP's for the children. The kids are stressed with high expectations to maintain even if they are not receiving a passing grade. The teachers continue to push the children even if they don't get the concept as long as they pass the state tests. There is little concern for the childs understanding of concepts.

Jefferson Elementary School

Posted September 16, 2009
All different race students around the world learn happily here.I have never seen such oneness in any other schools.

Jefferson Elementary School 3

Posted February 08, 2009
This school has great potential, and hopefully, when the Principal retires or is forced out (which in all likelihood will not occur), the school will regain it s once highly esteemed reputation as one of the best elementary schools in the area. The Principal is an authoritarian, and makes the teachers jobs unbearable. Teaching in today s schools is already an impossible task with No Child Left Behind and behavior issues. The Principal is hyper focused on the AYP/EOG s and demands the impossible from staff. The Principal changes committees and educational approaches so frequently, it is difficult for the teaching staff to keep up and carry out her demands. Jefferson Elementary (like many other schools in Guilford County) has fallen well below the expected AYP. The Principal no longer holds the respect of the majority of her teachers, and is too stubborn to yield, especially, where our children s welfare, development and most importantly, education are concerned.

Posted February 06, 2009
I have been an involved parent at the school for 5 years. All of my children have had excellent teachers every year, but there are some I would not want to experience. Stay involved if you want the best for your child. The specialists (Art, Music, and PE) are exceptional. The principal is an administrator through and through, and does not seem to care much about individual children, much less know their names, etc. She seems at odds with many of her staff, and the turnover seems high. Thankfully most of the teachers are gifted enough to shut their doors, tune her out, and do what is right for our children. I am very pleased with the education my children have recieved so far, but concerned about the future of the school. NCLB, obsessive testing and our principal's lack of vision are going to make it challenging.

Jefferson Elementary School
1400 New Garden Road, Greensboro, NC  27410
Last modified Jefferson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jefferson Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top