Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

No way! I know several kids who were removed because there was no consequences for the bullies and never got it to stop.

Supports LD students: Disagree

I don't think there is any patience with students that struggle

Develops character: Disagree

Allow way too much bullying. Bad students get away with too much.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Not very nice according to a lot of students and parents I know.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

Way too much homework and projects it's ridiculous. They are doing work all day and barely get a break. Especially if they have other activities. I don't know how anyone else gets it done no reason for homework except reading and studying for tests in my opinion.

My son is in 8th grade now at Kernodle. He complained every year about teachers. A few that he loves but for the most part said all they do is yell at students and makes him very uncomfortable. He is a quiet kid so he isn't any any trouble but it makes him uneasy and not want to be there. This year he doesn't like one in particular. I understand that they are trying to prepare for high school but there is a way to speak to people. You don't have to be mean all the time. The saying you get more with honey than vinegar is very true. My son is completely uninterested in what she is teaching and therefore grades are dropping from a's and b's in first quarter to b's and c's with 1 d. A friend of mine took her kids out for extreme bullying with no resolve. Very sad because they are great obedient kids with a great mom. Terrible that the school allowed this to happen. Obviously this is more common than I thought as I read other comments. Pearce was a great elementary school and I am praying northwest high will be a better experience for him. Middle school is a bummer.

I would have to agree with the bullying as well as nothing being done on any of the below topics. My Step-daughter has told us for the past 2 years about this, and we kind of brushed it off but she has been exactly right. Kernodle started as a great middle school, and over the past years has turned into a bad school. It's all driven by the administrators who in fact don't have a handle on the situation and truly the school is being run my the kids and no one else. I hate to say it, but you would be better off to home school your kid if you could, before taking them to this school.

This school is ridiculous in not taking any steps towards bullying, My daughter has been a victim of bully since she joined 6 the grade, reports have been made to school counselor but this behavior only seems to escalate since there is no consequences or actions taken to stop it. Am very disappointed that my daughter is not comfortable attending this school any more, and that I have to withdraw her from this school. Am a very disappointed parent on those who make other students life miserable while all they want is to get the best out of school, my daughter has felt victimized every day At this school. Am please calling on the school board to act on this for the sake of the students who are in school to make a better future for themselves. Please Stop the bullying.

My son went to Kernodle Middle School. He was bullied every day at school and on the bus. Nothing was done. Bullying is out of control at this school. It just isn't the kids bullying each other. You have teachers and staff members bullying the children as well. Yelling at them all the time They are just pushing them through, there is no real learning going on in this school. There is no privacy regarding your child. If you call with a problem know the gossip mill in the office will start and everyone in the school will know what is going on with your child.My son isn't the only child to leave this school because of bullying. There have been several of my son's friends leave this school for the same reason.

My kids have attended this school and unfortuntaley one more is still there. Front office staff are very irritable and DO NOT call if you forget your password for Parent Assist because the person that gets it back up and running for you is very condescending and talks to you like a child. The great teachers at this school are very few. Their are so many who seemed to be upset and intolerate of the students who struggle and in turn the students who struggle begin to give up and not care. My oldest son who graduated high school struggled in elementary school (don't get me going on Claxton and their terrible teachers) and 6 years ago the teachers at Kernodle really helped him and encouraged him. Not so for my other 3 kids. 2 had good grades but still they hated Kernodle and it is so sad that they will always remember the bad times and not the good. Unfortunaelty I still have my youngest who continues to struggle, who is talked down to daily and he has given up and I feel he will repeat the 6th grade for the 2nd time. If you have a child who is academically gifted then you should have no problem, if not, then your child will not have a good experience here.

Last modified Kernodle Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.