Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted December 13, 2015
I left this school 3 years ago. I am seriously BEGGING that you do not send your child to this Unsafe, Undisciplined, Crazy, INCOMPETENT school! The principal bases many schoolwide rules on HIS religious beliefs. The teachers give the 6TH GRADERS an average of 3 hours of homework so they can slack during the day and just NOT TEACH. I am now in 9th Grade and much happier in my Public high school. The public middle school with over 1,000 kids was better than this charter school with half that amount. I get more help an undivided attention from my teachers in my classes of about 32 than these classes of about 20. All the "teaching" that these teachers do is just show powerpoints of Flat-Out notes and force you to write them down. No explaining what so ever! Just "you better be writing this down." while they sit at there desks and do whatever they feel like doing, which is everything BUT teaching. Another issue in this school is all of the ignored bullying. If you are bullied and you report it to the teachers, they do nothing. I was once shoved up against the lockers by 8th graders right in front of one of the teachers who saw the whole thing. They just turned and walked back into their classroom. One time I even got FOOD POISONING from their disgusting, UNDERCOOKED, cafeteria food. I missed a week of school and was up until midnight for 4 days because the teachers only cared about shoving all of the make up homework that I was not even taught or given the notes for down my throat. I don't even want to take the time to explain of the horrible things that go on in this torture chamber of a school. 0 stars if possible. Test scores are surprisingly not a 1 out of 10. This school deserves to be SHUT DOWN. NEVER and I seriously mean NEVER send your child to this horrible school. If you still decide to, you are in for one big nightmare of a year. Thank you for reading my review.

Posted August 27, 2015
Great experience so far! My child loves it and is learning confidently so that's all that matters. They have excellent clubs/extra curricular activities and the teachers are really hands on with the students during class time. As a parent of a new student, I've gone in several times to monitor my child's class just to be sure and it all seems very professional and educational for the kids. My child has enough homework to keep her practicing at home especially in maths which I think is awesome. They do need to improve on the traffic conditions coz it can get extremely congested dropping and picking up kids from school. Overall grade is 5 stars from me :)

Triad Math And Science Academy 4

Posted June 23, 2014
My child learns more here than she did in the public school system. She's happier here and enjoys her clubs and other school functions. The teachers are required to tutor in need students one day a week and that has been a major factor to her coming from being behind at the end of last year (in Guilford County public school) to being on grade level (at TMSA) I'm a little wary of the expansions they have in store for next year but our first year at TMSA was a success. We like the school.

Posted April 30, 2014
I visited the school to take a tour. I think they were to free with letting people in and around the kids with no ID. I don't feel like this school is safe.

Posted April 08, 2014
ls a great school for my kids. It's a great fit. We like the school's teachers and staff. They have excellent afterschool clubs and Saturday school. The school is like a second family to my kids.

Posted April 07, 2014
I have two children who attend TMSA (elementary) and we love it. The school is very diverse with students and teachers from different parts of the world. The staff demonstrate knowledge and care for every child's education by way of their programs offered after school and on Saturday's. Also, communication among teachers and parents is great! When it comes to "true" education, it should be one that provide children with a global mindset and TMSA is the place. Students, also, have the opportunity to travel abroad during the summer - how cool is that? Goooo Tigers!

Posted January 05, 2014
This school is horrible I'm in 8th grade and they are pushing us too hard. We have a minimum of two hours each night of homework. They force us to take spanish or turkish ! In 8th grade we have only spanish or turkish and physical education. Many students can't do clubs after school because they have to do all their homework. I hate everything about this school. I can take the exact same classes and more at my old school. Please I'm begging you do not put your children through this stress. The only good thing about this school is it looks good on an application. But it doesn't look the best, if anything send your high school bounf kids to Page for the IB programme that's where I'm going. Or send high school students to Page until 10th grade then from 11-12th send them to Greensboro College Middle College. The uniforms are horrible and they are always changing rules. It's a horribly small school and it is so out of order. Send your kids here to be pressured and stressed out of their minds. This school is HORRIBLE. Coming from a current student, please. Don't come here.

Posted November 18, 2013
they do not treat children right i know from experience (by former 10th grader) bully reports are ignored. also test scores should be a 2 for this school. they do not give good education they are teaching 10th graders 9th grade work .very awful school!

Posted October 09, 2013
The dedication of the staff is wonderful. They seem to really care about the children and the education that they are receiving. The children come home happy after having a good day at school, and yet they are leaning at grade level or above.

Posted July 30, 2013
As a parent of a TMSA student it has been great to see my child eager to participate, grow in knowledge, and confidence. The Teachers are the best in their field of studies and methodology. TMSA is a wonderful safe and futuristic learning environment!! School exceeds my expectations of a higher level academic achievement school. The Teachers' dedication at Triad Math and Science Academy is unmatched. The curriculum is challenging and the academic clubs offered expose the students to advanced science, robotics, foreign languages and many other subjects. The opportunities the students at TMSA have are unprecedented!!

Triad Math And Science Academy
700 Creek Ridge Road, Greensboro, NC  27405
Last modified Triad Math And Science Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Triad Math And Science Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 54 reviews. Top