Posted November 08, 2013
I went to this school for all of whole middle school. It is not racially diverse to say the least and a large majority of the students are racist towards white people. The teachers are tired and put no effort into their job. Bullying was a small issue at points.Would not recommend.

Posted April 25, 2012
Im not impressed with this school. The teachers are wonderful but I think that they are not respected by the students. When I enrolled my students here, my husband and I clearly heard kids cursing as they roamed the halls, saying disrespectful things to adults and being rude. When my children started here it seemed like something goes on everyday. My kids were bullied for coming from an academy and it got to the point where I contacted the school board. I think this school needs to instill some moral values in its students because its apparent that majority of the students arent getting it at home. This will be the 1st and last year my children attend here. They are not use to hearing the things that a lot of these students say out of their mouths. Its pure choas and it makes it hard for the teachers to be effective. I have observed teachers frustration because there is only so much they can do or say. Girls pick fights with mydaughter constantly and to the point they send vulgar messages to her email and facebook account. My son was slammed to the floor just yesterday because he is "soft" to them and will not fight back. He is trying to get an education, not fight daily

Aycock Middle School 4

Posted April 18, 2012
I am impressed with this school. It is small and the teachers are very communicative with me. I regularly receive emails and calls about my son's work (both when he's doing great and when he needs extra support). They all seem to have an attitude of what can we do together to support his learning (except one teacher). The principal and vice principal for his grade are very helpful, realistic, understanding and great communicators. There's a great diversity of achievement levels but my son is not slipping through the cracks academically. He seems challenged even though he's gifted. The reason I've given it 4 stars and not 5: there are a lot of places on campus that allow the kids to be hidden from view/unmonitored. And, as I mentioned, there is one teacher (out of 7 that my son has had this year) I've encountered who should not be in the classroom. He is inconsistent, doesn't do what he says he will (frustrating my son to pieces), will not answer questions in class, makes negative comments about the kids behavior and knows less about his subject than my son does.

Posted January 09, 2011
the only way to get rid of the trash is no tolerance one warning 2 time your out thats where my child is being educated and the school has class students that respect each other

Posted November 23, 2009

Posted October 15, 2009

Posted October 09, 2009
I believe that Aycock is a school in progress. Parents /Teacher/ and Students have a great deal of Lion's pride. My child is enjoying her education journey at Aycock Middle School. The PTA is doing a marvelous job.... their are various activites and clubs for the students to join... The DrumLine and Dance Team Rock!!! Go Lion's!

Posted August 23, 2009
aycock is a great school but the fights kids get in are ridiculous. some kids cuss and threaten people but over all the school is great. from a loyal stundent

Posted April 05, 2009

Posted February 18, 2009
With all schools they have their challenges. It will take money dedication from teachers and staff forthis school to continueto grow.

Aycock Middle School
811 Cypress St, Greensboro, NC  27405
Last modified Aycock Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aycock Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 28 reviews.