Greensboro, NC

Posted April 30, 2015
This is an incredible school with a great principal, assistant principal, teachers and staff. They care about every child and work so hard to make sure everyone has a chance at a good education. The PTA is great and works so hard. My mother is a retired New York City principal. She ran an award winning magnet school which is still top rated, 14 years after she retired. She loves this school from the Principal on down. How this school only gets a 7 from Great Schools is beyond me!

Posted May 09, 2014
Claxton is a great school. My daughter (5th Grade) just loves it & she especially loves her teacher Ms. Riddell :-)

Posted April 28, 2014
Claxton is awesome! So family oriented and my child loves his teachers! Still talks about his teachers from 3 years ago, they make school memorable!!

Posted September 26, 2013
I am just new in the area, and my son, who is a kindergartner, just started at Claxton, but so far, I have had a positive experience. My son's teacher is very knowledgeable and communicative. Also, having come from New York, I was wonderfully surprised by the diversity of the student body.

Posted August 04, 2013
Everything as it is supposed to be. One of the best schools in this area.

Posted September 01, 2011
My daughter is in the fourth grade at Claxton and there is a reason why this school is loved by so many. The teachers and the principal have created a loving and supportive learning environment. They go over and above spending time with the children making sure your child is learning. With all the bad things you hear about public school, Claxton is an exception.

Posted June 27, 2011
My children have attended Claxton for the past 9 years and I'm extremely pleased. Excellent teachers and a terrific Principal who meet children's needs at all levels. Highly recommended!

Posted October 05, 2009
My daughter is in the second grade at Claxton. Claxton is a community school with a community feel. I feel the school offers diversity, seasoned teachers, and excellent leadership. The principal is a great listener and is very involved with the students and parents. Great school in a sometimes troubled district.

Posted November 09, 2003
We love Claxton! Strong parent involvement. Great principal and wonderful teachers. PTA has focus on technology and fitness this year. Bought 9 new computers and putting in a walking/running track.

Claxton Elementary School
3720 Pinetop Road, Greensboro, NC  27410
(336) 545-2010
Last modified Claxton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Claxton Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top